• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

On second thought

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • Last year I made a Christians' Community club in PC, defended Catholicism in this very subforum, and had serious thoughts about becoming a priest. Christianity was my life. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked a few days after New Year 2015: I decided I would become an atheist. It was the thing I least expected the least given my devoutness and my environment and peers. But hey, I've managed for two months so far!

When was a time you changed a view on something important (switched political parties, converted to another belief system, supported an agenda opposed to the previous one you liked, etc)? How did you feel after? How did everyone else react after?

Years
  • Well when I first came out as transgender many of my friends were shocked. I was very angry towards everyone before then, for no reason at all, and it kinda confused me at first. But in the end, whatever I am who I am. It doesn't matter, and you don't need to have to have a certain quality to be someone. You don't need a religion, you don't need a favorite color. Just do you.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • According to my tarot reading, which is rather accurate I should mention, I have undergone a really significant personal transformation... the best I could describe as an improved me.

I've started to care less but just enough, started practicing empathy, started tolerating my bad home situation, and more than anything am tryingly being more interesting to people. It's leaps and bounds better than before but unfortunately my mistakes are no distant memory. So I'm probably going to have to wait for them to settle down in others' eyes until I'm fully settled, the way I see it.

It's a big personal transformation and at the moment I don't quite have an image of myself even, which is probably a good thing considering the old one I tossed

Years
  • Nothing like this has ever happened to me. I haven't had serious views on anything that i've changed majorly at all, so it's nothing I really worry about getting backlashed for.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Hmm nothing like that ever happened to me.
    I used to be catholic though. But that was when I was a kid. I'm really scientific and when I was about 12 I realized "Hey, maybe the stuff they keep repeating at school is just stories. It doesn't make sense in any scientific way".

But I feel that wasn't a sudden change. And something nearly inevitable with my hunger for knowledge of nature and prehistory.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I stopped giving a fuck, and it seriously improved my life.

^ Pretty much this for me as well.

I stopped caring what people think. I figure it's better just to live life to the fullest instead of dwelling in the past. It has helped me learn a lot more about myself and also helped my anxiety some too. I'd rather be myself than someone I'm not too. If people don't like me, then you know what? Fuck them. I'm not changing for anyone.

I also could careless about religion. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have one. It's far too confusing. Plus, all it does is create fighting between other religions. I'd much rather be on the sidelines than have to worry about, if I had one, being targeted and causing drama. No offensive to those who are religious though.

Back