• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have you ever tried to ROM hack?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • ROM hacking isn't for me and I have absolutely no idea on how to go about doing it, so no, I've never tried it before. I admire those who have created them for others to enjoy though.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I've considered it in the past. More than anything I'm interested in the pretty art, maps and such created for them. That being said, I'm more plugged into Game Development rather than ROM Hacks - most of the game dev I do isn't even related to Pokemon anyhow. Right now I'd rather be working on improving as a 3D artist/modeler rather than to get into anything pixel art related - which I am horrible at xD
    I think I'll just stick to admiring at a distance haha.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've been rom hacking for just under 7 years now, but nothing specific to pokemon.

I did look at the scripting side to pokemon but could never understand how some codes worked. I've been one that has been interested on the music side, just to see what conversions that I can do. I did want to do Pokemon Dark Nebula for Halloween but I could never get help for certain things.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I tried, and not just once.
    It mostly ends when I'm editting graphics.

The last one I was working was a hack of the Blue verison, the
    overworld sprite editing application messed up Prof. Oak ;-;

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I used to ROM hack back in the day (it's why I joined PC). That was five years ago... So my skills are gone. I used to be so good at scripting :<

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • What's a ROM Hack? Sounds like a cool thing that I am totally not doing right now.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • I did try, it was about the protaganist of Sapphire losing to Kyogre and Hoenn would get slightly flooded, wich would lead to some routes being closed but new ones being created.
    EVEN MORE WATER.

Too bad i barely know anything of Rom hacking so i only have the story.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • A solid few years back I was really into ROM Hacking, inspired by Elliot's Pokémon Adventures and The Water Pokémon Legend on Youtube! ROM Hacking is actually how I managed to stumble across these forums in the first place! I tried my hardest and spent hours and hours just recolouring sprites and editing texts... I inspired to have a YouTube series like the aforementioned ones but I just struggled with the concept of scripting, mapping ans spriting well! My friend who I met via. YouTube was working on a Hack of his own recently, but binned it to pursue an RPG Maker platform instead (I keep telling him to post it here but he refuses to understand the support it'd help him gain!). I would be interested in coming back and trying at some stage but I just don't have the free time at the moment, unfortunately.

EDIT: Wow 400 posts I didn't even realise, lol

Years
  • Well, I discovered these forums through rom hacking. I tried it for a minute and figured out the basics, but then became really busy and stopped. I'm getting back into it now with a little project. Just so I can figure everything out and hopefully make a much bigger and better hack some day.

Back