• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New Team

Yin

Almost Competitive Trainer
Years
All Through Ruby, Pearl and Platinum I used a very similar team each time.
Although i found it really cool I decided it's time for some change.

Here Is a new team I came up with.
I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
(Especially with the Salamence cause I haven't really used Dragons before)

Absol

Ability - Super Luck
Nature - Adamant
EV - Atk / Spd

-Night Slash
-Me First
-Psycho Cut
-Perish Song

~Razor Claw

Typhlosion

Ability - Blaze
Nature - Mild
EV - S.Atk / Spd

-Heat Wave
-Solar Beam
-Hyper Beam
-Mud Slap

~Choice Specs

Luxray

Ability - Intimidate
Nature -Naughty
Ev - Atk / Spd

-Thunder Fang
-Giga Impact
-Attract
-Magnet Rise

~Focus Sash

Milotic

Ability - Marvel Scale
Nature -Modest
EV - S.Atk / A.Def

-Hydro Pump
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

~Mystic Water

Shuckle
Ability - Sturdy
Nature -Calm
Ev - Def / S.Def

-Bide
-Toxic
-Rest
-Encore

~Leftovers

Salamence

Ability - Intimidate
Nature -Adamant
EV - Atk / Spd

-Fly
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw

~ (I have no Idea xD)

I am a little Iffy on the Items and just totally cant decide what to give Salamence. xD
Also I'm trying to get the natures I want myself but if ya happen by chance to have what I am looking for I would gladly trade for it =D

also I kinda would really like to get that shiny if someone does have it with that nature I would really like to trade for it.

PS: I'm also looking for a Soul Dew =D

Thanks for your time everybody
-Yin

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Absol

Ability - Super Luck
Nature - Adamant

-Night Slash / Superpower
-Sucker Punch
-Psycho Cut
-Sword Dance

~Life Orb

Absol doesn't have enough survivability. Switching into something it resists would be a good idea, Sword Dance on the sweep and sweep with Sucker Punch. Superpower and Psycho cut provide great type coverage, and with Absol's attack and ability it just gets better.
If it's your lead, Taunt and Jolly is a must, but I don't think Absol would make an awesome lead.
--This is the set my own Absol uses.

Typhlosion

Ability - Blaze
Nature - Modest / Timid

-Flamethrower
-Eruption
-Will-O-Wisp
-Earthquake

~Choice Specs

You have to work around this set. I didn't bring you much type coverage because I didn't use Thypolosion. You might consider HP Ice or Grass, as Grass covers Water / Ground / Rock types, Ice is good against Dragon Pokemon, and perhaps the better choice. Flamethrower gets STAB, and has perfect accuracy unlike Heat Wave, Eruption is a good attack with Choice Specs, Will-O-Wisp hurts physical attackers that might try something, and Earthquake is simply for type coverage.

Luxray

Ability - Intimidate
Nature - Adamant / Jolly

-Thunder Fang
-Giga Impact
-Attract
-Magnet Rise

~Focus Sash

Sorry, but I can't help you out much with this one.

Milotic

Ability - Marvel Scale
Nature -Modest

-Hydro Pump
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

~Mystic Water

Rain Dace doesn't support your team much, it can also give other Pokemon the Speed boost from rain, which could ruin your Milotic and just help them start a sweep, either replace or use this move VERY carefully. The set isn't too bad. Just Rain Dance that annoys me a tiny bit.

Shuckle
Ability - Sturdy
Nature -Calm

-Bide
-Toxic
-Rest
-Encore

~Leftovers

Don't know about this guy either. Sorry, mate.

Salamence

Ability - Intimidate
Nature -Adamant

-Aerial Ace / Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw

~Choice Band

Overall this guy is pretty much well made, if you want drop Choice Band and give it Dragon Scale, You'll be able to sweep more effectively. Not a big dragon fan, but Salamence can deal more damage with this set. Fly is just asking to be countered.
Changes and notes are in Bold.

I'm not too expirienced with this, but it should help you.

Yin

Years
Thank you for the answers =D
Okay I will add the EV's I had in mind
(I don't fully understand why it is 252 and 252 or any other number so please bare with me)

RTHookers

Banned
Years
It's 252 because it's the maximum a stat can gain. You divide EVs by four, which would be if my math skills don't lie to me 63.
Remember you can have a total of 510, which means 252 to two stats, and 4 to another one. 2 EVs stay, but there's nothing like a 233.5 sp.att so it won't matter.
Hope you understand, that's a pretty annoying things, but you'll get used to it. Don't forget about IVs.
You can do different spreads, it's up to you.

Yin

Years
Oh I see. I understand now.
Thank you for that great explanation.

Back