• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need Help - Would Be Very Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    OK - So my friend and I are playing FireRed and we've decided to face off in a few weeks, with a few rules. There's a Level 75 cap, no exeeding it. We can only use the first 149 POKeMON, basically everything from Generation I (except Mew or Mewtwo) and no ITEM's exept for held ITEM's. It's 6 on 6 and the winner gets the losers entire party O_o. Ok, here is my FRIENDS TEAM, not mine:

CHASEY
    DRAGONITE
    GENGAR
    JOLTEON
    LAPRAS
    DUGTRIO

What would you guys recommend in taking on this team? suggestions will be very helpful. As for his movesets, well he hasn't given too much away, but I'm assuming they will be similar to this:

CHANSEY

Psychic
    Softboiled
    (ICE TYPE MOVE)
    Not Sure

DRAGONITE

Ice Beam
    Outrage
    Fire Blast
    Not Sure

GENGAR

Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater

JOLTEON

Thunder
    Pin Missile
    Not Sure
    Not Sure

LAPRAS

Surf
    Blizzard
    (Something about a move that could counter anything I threw at it...O_o*)
    Thunder (or some electric based move)

DUGTRIO

Dig
    Earthquake
    Not Sure
    Not Sure

Don't know if that was an awful help :p, but if you guys could give me some advice it would be great (you'll be saving my POKeMON.)

*lapras can't learn counter, can it?​

Last edited:

GamerXtreme

Trapped Inside This Octavarium
    Years
  • Let me try throwing in some suggestions...

Well then, for Chansey, maybe a Machamp/Primeape/whatever floats your boat :).
    (Watch out for Gengar's hypotetical Psychic, or any Flying-type moves!)

For Dragonite and Dugtrio, maybe a Water-type Pkmn, like a fully-evolved starter (Blastoise/Feraligatr/...), a Lapras (xD), or any other, with Ice- and Water-type moves, respectively.
    (Watch out for any Electric-based moves as well!)

As for Gengar, Jolteon and Lapras, I'll let the others throw some suggestions as well, 'cause maybe they can think of something better! ^^ Hope this was helpful!

-GX-

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    Ummm there is very little info here. EVs and Natures? we sort of need those. And so far ur movesets aren't too good. Give up on hypnosis and DE for Gengar, because it is too innacurate. Also way to many not sures. Granted, I am just starting to learn competitive teams, but what you r giving us isn't really one of them

GamerXtreme

Trapped Inside This Octavarium
    Years
  • Ummm there is very little info here. EVs and Natures? we sort of need those. And so far ur movesets aren't too good. Give up on hypnosis and DE for Gengar, because it is too innacurate. Also way to many not sures. Granted, I am just starting to learn competitive teams, but what you r giving us isn't really one of them

Look, the dude said it wasn't his team, but his opponent's team, which wouldn't give away the Natures and EVs that easily, would he? (I personally don't give a damn about it but that's just me... ^^) Next time try to read thoroughly, okay?

-GX-

Last edited:

SethOmega

I'm hiding in your hat.
    Years
  • MACHOKE (needs poerful fighting moves)
    DUGTRIO (earthquake would be good)
    HAUNTER (just a tough pokemon)
    RAICHU (with THUNDER or THUNDERBOLT)
    TENTACRUEL/GYRADOS (with ice move)

Okay, the MACHOKE should be able to quickly take out Chansey, and can be saved for later. DUGTRIO is to take out JOLTEON, and RAICHU is for LAPRAS. Your water type with an ice move is for DUGTRIO, and can also be used to weaken DRAGONITE. Last, there is the problem with GENGAR. Well, since Ghost is weak against Ghost, Bring out HAUNTER to fight. If you lost HAUNTER, you should still have MACHOKE and DUGTRIO to fight with. I made sure to put POKEMON that you could easily find or evolve. Well, good luck!

(Also, I recommend getting these POKEMON before the fight, so you don't feel bad if you lose. That reminds me, IF you lose with this champion team, I'll kick you in the ELBOW.)

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
    Years
  • For something like Chansey, a heavy hitter is definetley needed and like people have said already, Machamp is your best bet, but if you can't get someone else to trade with you in time, perhaps Hitmonlee?

Also, for Gengar, I recommend a Snorlax who knows Sleep Talk, that way if he uses Hypnosis you at least have a chance of using Psychic or Shadow Ball or even Hypnosis on him. But that's just in theory, I'm not 100% sure if Sleep Talk works if someone else has caused you to fall asleep.

for Jolteon, probably best to get something with very high Special Defence, along with a Ground/Rock type just for added effect, but they will likley just switch out with someone else when they see that, so perhaps give Snorlax a Ground base move if you can to catch them by surprise?

For Lapras, Electric is the way since Grass will be effected by the ice moves. Raichu is fast but isn't the best electric, perhaps counter with your own Jolteon? Something that is fast and a good hitter, plus Jolteon would work well as back up against Gengar for it's use of speed.

for Dragonite, you need a good, sturdy water type that can learn Ice attacks, Starmie is always a good extra for it's Psychic edge, but it is really up to you with that.

These are just my suggestions, I'm sure I got a few things wrong so I apologise in advance and no doubt someone with more skill in this area will correct them.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    I do suggest a Fighting type, even though I don't like them. This is because half of his team is weak to it (Lapras, Dugtrio, Chansey). Yes I am aware that people have already said this but I think its important. A ground type for his Gengar and Jolteon. And I guess a water type for Dragonite assuming it doesn't have an electric move because it has a fire attack which can kill ice types. So maybe a Machamp, Starmie (Good for Gengar also) and.... Nidoking? Lol I'm not really sure but good luck with your battle.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    Well, this has all been great, thanks alot guys. This is also quite reassuring as my current party is similar to those that you guys have been suggesting...my party atm is as follows:

GOLEM w/ Earthquake, Explosion (just in case lol), Rest and Flamethrower RELAXED NATURE
    MACHAMP w/ Dynamic Punch, Seismic Toss, Cross Chop and Fire Blast BASHFUL NATURE
    BLASTOISE w/ Mega Kick, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump and Rain Dance SERIOUS NATURE
    ALAKAZAM w/ Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind and Hypnosis NAIVE NATURE
    SNORLAX w/ Earthquake, Blizzard, Thunder and Sofboiled RELAXED NATURE
    and finally...
    ZAPDOS w/ Thunder, Drill Peck, Sky Attack and Thunder Shock CAREFUL NATURE
    OR
    MAGNETON w/ Thunder, Zap Cannon, Toxic and Hyper Beam NAUGHTY NATURE

Of course this is only what I have at the moment, I realize it's not amazing... but if theres a POKeMON I should drop, or a move I should teach, then please tell me, you guys know best after all :p.

P.S. My friend is definatley starting with LAPRAS.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Look, the dude said it wasn't his team, but his opponent's team, which wouldn't give away the Natures and EVs that easily, would he? (I personally don't give a damn about it but that's just me... ^^) Next time try to read thoroughly, okay?

-GX-

Umm, no YOU read thoroughly. Its in the S+M rules that that evs etc are required.

Either way natures are horrible and it doesn't meet the criteria of a rmt.

~Locked~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back