• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Plasma VS Plasma!

Which Plasma?

• Team Plasma v.1

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Team Plasma v.2

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    208.png
    245.png
    6219A.png
    149.gif
    150.gif

Weekly Polls are back! To kick it off, I thought it'd be nice to have a little voting on which version of Team Plasma you like better! Talk about the Colress, N, Ghetsis, the Grunts, uniforms, their objective, whatever you'd like! What was your favorite Plasma?

Years
  • I'm mixed on which of the teams I prefer. I think I'd have to go with the original Plasma for a couple of reasons. For starters, I think their mission made a lot more sense, and I liked how political and serious it was. Unlike wanting to drown the world in water or start a new universe like some of the other evil teams, original Plasma's goal had an understandable background, would actually work in convincing people, and Ghetsis's plan to have pokemon only for him made sense. I also liked how in BW N was at the center of the controversy, not sure of which side he stood on himself. I wasn't a super big fan of COlress, even though his music was rad. He didn't seem to be too involved and it felt like Neo Team Plasma just showed up without too much of an agenda. Ghetsis in BW had a bigger role whereas in BW2 he was kind of crazy. :< I did like seeing how having his empire crash affected him though. And N is such a good character I liked how much he was featured in BW. As for the grunts I liked both of their outfits pretty equally - they were just both okay. However, I gotta say that Neo Team Plasma's music was slammin, much better than the original stuff.

But overall I gotta give it to BW Team Plasma!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Story-wise, I prefer BW Plasma. They've made more appearances in the game, and played a better role in-general. In terms of looks, I really like the one from BW2. Their outfit looks amazing, in my opinion. My favorite Team Plasma boss would have to be N; he's a very kind guy at heart, and treats all Pokémon as if they're his own children. He didn't appear in BW2 at all though (did he?), which is... quite disappointing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm going with the Black/White Team Plasma. They had the first somewhat mature storyline in Pokemon, even if it was under-developed (they did touch on a mature story a bit with Cyrus first, but it was even more under-developed than Plasma's). Like their uniforms better too. And N was a likeable team leader/villian.

Black2/White 2 does have Colress though...he had a grat battle theme....and the guy gives you a 2nd Master Ball too.

My favorite Team Plasma boss would have to be N; he's a very kind guy at heart, and treats all Pokémon as if they're his own children. He didn't appear in BW2 at all though (did he?), which is... quite disappointing.

N does appear in Black2/White2, near the end of the main storyline when you throw down with Ghetsis. You can then battle N once a month in the ruins of his old castle after beating the Elite 4. You also get his Zekrom/Reshiram that he got in Black/White (though it has your OT when you catch it).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    N does appear in Black2/White2, near the end of the main storyline when you throw down with Ghetsis. You can then battle N once a month in the ruins of his old castle after beating the Elite 4. You also get his Zekrom/Reshiram that he got in Black/White (though it has your OT when you catch it).

Ah, okay. Thanks for reminding. It's been a while since I last played BW2, so I wasn't that sure. Haha.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Guess I should pipe up on my opinion. :B

I actually liked Plasma the second time around. My thing is that I just hated the first's philosophy on what they were doing. They were stealing, hurting Pokemon, doing all of these horrid things, and then justifying them all by saying "we only r halping pokemon", when in reality they weren't JUST stealing from people who are horrible people, they stole from the innocent such as Bianca, who does nothing but love and cherish both her Pokemon and friends, and yet tell the public that it's what the Pokemon wanted, when it was clear that Munna was more than excited to be returned to Bianca. Ghetsis was an incredible speaker, don't get me wrong, but his actions and his visions were pretty clear from the beginning, that he had no intention whatsoever to help Pokemon.

Team Plasma V2 was just straight up, "We're taking over the world." Some of the grunts still had the idea that it was for the Pokemon, but they weren't giving any BS justifications for it. They wanted to rule, so they created chaos. I'd rather a team who is outright honest and evil, rather than one who cries because their Pokemon are in Pokeballs. Plus, Ghetsis' madness at this point had hit a critical limit, and it was nice to see that.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Honestly, all props go to BW2 Plasma. They were more evil and well planned than the original Plasma team. Colress was a well-developed character in the game and I was pretty blown away when he turned out to be working for Plasma later in the game. I applaud to that.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I really like them both actually, and storyline wise.
    BW Plasma**: pokemon freedom and new world where pokemon live in peace, thus N was a decoy leader and the planning all along was Ghetsis. He planned and use N as a bait and totally hurt N feeling in the progress, thus another throw down after hardly pummeling N to a plump. I like it here was the story and the dress, which is medivalish like

What I find in BW2, The Neo Plasma is rather evil, malicious and devious than the good-ole twoshoes V1 plasma, same as above; Storywise and RULE THE WORLD and the helping pokemon thing was bogus and it was downright evil. The grunt are softies anymore and planning to freeze the world with Kyruem. and yeah! Ghetsis was DOWNRIGHT twisted, chaotic, crazy and psychotic.

** Through hitting and kicking munna was not what I expected from the grunt's behavior and was downright cruel. Player knew Ghetsis is suspicious at the start, and Bianca wasn't bright to knew about it. though Cheren highly knew what Ghetsis is planning with N

*** Even though the V1 plasma have change of heart in BW2, Hugh still doesn't forgive them (he may refer to both versions of plasma)

tl;dr version: V1 plasma was Ghetsis's first twisted scheme, V2 he is even more twisted than before and ruthlessly crazy villain.

Back