• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder trade run.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
So i wanted to try something a bit wierd today and for my second playthrough did a wonder trade run. So went out caught me a team up to 6 and on my first trades that wern't copies (not gonna run 2 of the same pokemon) got a team of this.

Ponita level 1
Larvitar Level 1
Carnivine level 31
Eevee 19
Trapinch 28
Kecleon 45

Overall not a bad team. Yeah the 45 and 31 are gonna be a bit overpowered but they also might not listen to me in combat.

Anyone else done a run like this before?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've never tried doing such a run before; completing the game solely with Wonder Trade Pokemon does sound like an interesting idea. I don't believe there is any suggestion for me to make right now, but good luck!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I believe that there's a thing called a Wonderlocke, which is like what you're doing but has Nuzlocke rules added onto it.

You'll be fine for the first Gym. The Ponyta and the Larvitar will be more than enough to get you through the first Gym. May or may not get a little rough after that since there's a fairly significant gap between the 1st and 2nd gyms so stuff may not obey you when you need it to

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
I'm actually in the process of doing a wonderlocke! It's very interesting twist on the game. The only difference in it and a nix locks is you wonder trade your encounter on each route and can adjust to certain circumstances (dupsclause, etc.)

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I would like to do a Wonderlock but I don't want to erase my file XD

I really like your team! I am curious about how the game will be for you :)
The little problem is for the overpowered ones and the very low level ones. That might be a challenge.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
Years
I'm actually just starting up X and Y again, and I'm not very far, so I'm debating doing this for the rest of the game. Admittedly, I'm already using a couple of Wonder Trade Pokemon on my team, so maybe I'll just go full on. Wonder Trade can be really addicting once you start, anyway.

Back