• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFE's will rule the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
  • I like the NFE tier because people are more original than in the other tiers. People can't copy the "standard builds" and say "that's my original team" (although standard builds are not called standard because of candies).

My team at first glance:
    56.png
    198.png
    8.png
    207.png
    93.png
    117.png

56.png

Mankey @ Choice Scarf

- Vital Spirit / Adamant

EV: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp

-
    PkmnType_Fighting.gif
    Close Combat
    -
    PkmnType_Bug.gif
    U - Turn
    -
    PkmnType_Ice.gif
    Ice Punch
    -
    PkmnType_Electric.gif
    Thunder Punch /
    PkmnType_Ground.gif
    Earthquake

This is my lead. Scarf Mankey can make troubles to opposing team, although i have to watch out for priority moves which destroy Mankey. Close Combat for STAB. It can hurt a lot if it isn't resisted. U-Turn for scouting. Ice Punch and Thunder Punch/Earthquake for coverage. I like Earthquake over Thunder Punch because of the power boost but then i have troubles against ghosts with 3x resist attacks.

198.png

Murkrow @ Life Orb

- Insomnia / Jolly

EV: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef

-
    PkmnType_Dark.gif
    Pursuit
    -
    PkmnType_Flying.gif
    Brave Bird
    -
    PkmnType_Dark.gif
    Taunt
    -
    PkmnType_Flying.gif
    Roost

That's the uber crow. My psychic attacks absorber and pursuit user. I come in on a resisted psychic attack and destroy them with a STAB boosted Pursuit. Brave Bird is the other STAB of choice. You might think that SR + Life Orb + Brave Bird is too much damage for Murkrow (I also think that :P), but the difference in power between Brave Bird and Drill Peck is humongous. Taunt is for destroying opposite tanks or "set ups" that are slower than Murkrow.

wartortle.png

Wartortle @ Leftovers

- Torrent / Calm

EV: 252 Hp / 252 SDef / 4 Def

-
    PkmnType_Normal.gif
    Protect
    -
    PkmnType_Poison.gif
    Toxic
    -
    PkmnType_Fighting.gif
    Seismic Toss
    -
    PkmnType_Water.gif
    Surf /
    PkmnType_Ice.gif
    Haze

This is my special sponge, although you can't call it a sponge like Chansey or Blissey, but it can take some not super effective hits before going down. Protect is here for scouting, Toxic stalling and a free turn of Lefties recover. Toxic can screw some pokemon which come in to take the turtle on. Seismic Toss is such a good move in the NFE environment. Almost all of the pokes have low Hp and Seismic Toss can easily 3 Hit KO some of the pokes. The final choice is difficult because, if I take Haze over Surf, then Hunter can "lol" at me. This is where I need your help. I would go Surf over Haze but haze could save me.

207Gligar.png

Gligar @ Leftovers

- Sand Veil / Impish

EV: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Spd

-
    PkmnType_Ground.gif
    Earthquake
    -
    PkmnType_Rock.gif
    Stealth Rock
    -
    PkmnType_Flying.gif
    Roost
    -
    PkmnType_Rock.gif
    Stone Edge /
    PkmnType_Dark.gif
    Knock Off

My Defensive Tank. Gligar is such a beast as a tank in the NFE tier. It can take an Ice Punch from a 0 Atk EV Marshtomp without going down. Earthquake is here for the STAB, which can be pretty painful for the opponent if it is not resisted. This is my Stealth Rock setter. Roost is here to heal of damage. The final slot is a hard choice again. I can go with Stone Edge for the Ground/Rock combo, but Knock Off can help my team pretty well.

093haunter.gif

Haunter @ Petaya Berry

- Levitate / Timid

EV: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef

-
    PkmnType_Normal.gif
    Substitute
    -
    PkmnType_Ghost.gif
    Shadow Ball
    -
    PkmnType_Electric.gif
    Thunderbolt
    -
    PkmnType_Fire.gif
    Will o Wisp

Sub/Petaya Haunter can be a huge threat for not well prepared teams. It comes in on a resisted Normal/Fight/Ground move, then it subs up and scouts opponent next move. If a Pursuit user comes in, you can switch Haunter out or you can stay in and Will o Wisp it. Sub up until you get to 25%- Hp so your Petaya Berry activates and you can start the sweep. Shadow Ball for the STAB and Thunderbolt for the coverage. You have to be careful because priority moves destroy this tactic.

Seadra.png

Seadra / Life Orb

- Sniper / Modest

EV: 120 Def / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd

-
    PkmnType_Psychic.gif
    Agility
    -
    PkmnType_Water.gif
    Surf
    -
    PkmnType_Dragon.gif
    Dragon Pulse
    -
    PkmnType_Normal.gif
    Substitute /
    PkmnType_Ice.gif
    Ice Beam

This is the late game sweeper on my team. With the give EVs, it outspeeds the whole NFE metagame after 1 Agility, even Scarf Gabite which is the best revenge killer in NFE. 120 Def give me better protection against priority move. Substitute is here to block status moves, but i can go for the offensive variant where Ice Beam hurts Grass types. Water/Dragon is the unresisted combination here in NFE so Seadra can pull this of with just 2 attacks.

Here's my whole team, rate and comment and i hope you enjoy the NFE as much as i do. :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    So how on earth are people meant to rate this when NFE isnt a real tier ? :/

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • So how on earth are people meant to rate this when NFE isnt a real tier ? :/

It IS a real tier :) Check Smogon, it's on the tierlist :)

As for your team dude, the only thing I'd do is swap Mankey for its primate cousin, Vigoroth. It has more bulk in general, almost doubling the Defense stat and has a bit more Sp Defense aswell. Only problem doing this is you would have to forfeit Close Combat and U-Turn. It keeps the Vital Spirit ability, so that wouldn't be a problem for your general play. Also, the only stat Mankey comes near to when you compare to Vigoroth is Attack. The base on Vigoroth has 20 speed more, and double Mankey's HP. Also because of the higher speed stat, you could run a Choice Band on Vigoroth instead of the Scarf and boost your attacks by 50% whilst still having massive speed.

Stat Comparison (Bold shows which Pokemon has higher stat.)
    Mankey: HP 40, Atk 80, Def 35, Sp Atk 35, Sp Def 45, Spd 70.
    Vigoroth: HP 80, Atk 80, Def 80, Sp Atk 55, Sp Def 55, Spd 90.

Vigoroth @Choice Band
    Vital Spirit / Jolly
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Rock Climb (Normal STAB from 90 Base Power, plus a chance of ConfuseHax.)
    X-Scissor (Since you can't get U-Turn with a Vigoroth, this is the next-best thing for a bug move, although it doesn't let you escape from battle.)

Changes are bold, underlined and italic'd ;)

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    It IS a real tier :) Check Smogon, it's on the tierlist :)

Yeah and no one plays it; it hasnt got a metagame and no its not a real tier and as such no one can rate it. So really this thread is pointless. =|

The only real tier you can use these guys in is NU and they are all outclassed by NU pokes basically apart from Gligar, Murkrow and Haunter. :/

So yeah locking this.

~Locked~

Edit : Also what the heck does X-Scissor, T-Punch (vs waters Return hits harder), Ice Punch (again STAB Return hits all non 4x weaks for more) even hit on Vigoroth ? That and Rock Climb is a weak move, Vigoroth needs all the power it can get, it has a pathetic attack stat. Return or Double-Edge/Earthquake/Fire Punch/Sucker Punch or Night Slash is what CB Vigoroth wants, hit all the steels and ghosts immune/resistant to your stab move. Even then its outclassed by every normal type in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back