• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    That's your opinion. And I said "Option", as in a configuration setting. Not a default.

Of course, it's CNG's choice.

ITT: People are implying I'm suggesting this as an immediate thing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    It's not only an opinion I'd say you'd have a harder time finding people who actually want more Pokemon in your Party than just leaving it how it is. As it is right now, it is an "option". You just have to code it yourself.

Nobody is implying that it be an immediate thing. Everyone is just providing feedback to your suggestion. Just because not everyone is in favor of it doesn't mean it was a bad idea necessarily; it just means it's probably not something the general public would want added.

Anyways; back on topic: Will there be a functioning Cell Phone in this kit?

Years
  • Who cares about the Pokégear? I have too many bad memories of "Mum" spending all my hard-earned Pokécash on useless junk, and getting called everytime somebody almost caught a Rattata.

Last edited:
    Years
  • More than 6 Pokemon.

This should be easy enough to implement, but i won't be making this, i'll focus on other things like the Battle System etc, i'll provide instructions on how to do it though.

Pokegear/Phone

In short, yes, there will be :)

Years
  • For the battle system I recommend making it possible to choose a trainer type (Criminal, Gym Leader, Elite Four, Champion, Rival, Beauty, Aroma Girl, etc.) and they all have different sounds when you encounter them and battle them.

So whenever you encounter a Rocket Member it:
    Code:
    Memorize BGM
    Fade Out BGM [1s]
    Play BGS: '202 - Encounter! Team Rocket', 100, 100
    Text: What are you doing in our Hideout?
    Text: Ah, it doesn't matter - I'll take you down!
    Fade Out BGS
    <   -   script   -   >
    BGM during battle: '204 - Vs. Team Rocket'

Whenever you encounter a Gym Leader it:
    Code:
    Memorize BGM
    Fade Out BGM [1s]
    Text: Welcome to the Pewter Gym. I am Brock, the leader of this gym.
    Text: With my powerful Rock type Pokémon you will be defeated!
    <   -   script   -   >
    BGM during battle: '211 Vs. Kanto Gym Leader'

And have difference in-game themes for all the different legendaries, some the same of course. Oh and if you need the music, in .OGG format, let me know and I'll send it to you.

Years
  • So I've been playing around with it a bit and so far I have a few nice things here and there.

A lot of functions are missing as it's still in production, but you can still make some really nice things. If you're going to develop a game the basics are already here, you can start the mapping and some of the basic events like entering buildings and whatnot, then finish the rest up in later versions.

Please note that the following images are not official CNG Starterkit, the titlescreen is mine and there are some edits to the tilesets (shadows, transparency fixes, additions like: Lab; Cave Entrance; PokéCenter outside).

Also note that the Starter Kit doesn't include the Priority, Terrain Flags, all Pokémon, all attacks, Solid Objects, Movement (being able to walk into a square but not into the next from that square, but from the square below e.g. the building with the stairs outside).

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    After some playing around I've noticed that you can't turn to face your Pokemon. Is there anyway this will be changed in later versions?

Years
  • Yeah, there should be an event on the tutorial map, right at the bottom left of the map.
    Uncheck the "Through" checkbox under Options.

Ok, i've changed too many files (Mainly every single battle image) for this to be an updater download.

Please download the newest version here: http://www.planetdev.co.uk/PokemonStarterKit.zip

This will be the last time a complete re-download is required.

Oh, before i forget, here's the changelog, i may have missed some things, but it at least shows the main things.

ChangeLog said:
    #========================================================
    # * Pokemon HG/SS StarterKit by Crazyninjaguy
    # * Version 0.1.0
    #========================================================

Added:

- Added support for Shiny Pokemon, and pokemon given by other people. (Foreign)
    Shiny animation not scripted yet.
    - Rescripted Wild Pokemon Battles.
    - Refined Wild Grass encounter detection.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    It is a HGSS kit, which didn't have that. If somebody wants that in their game they have to make it themselves, only the essentials will go into this.
    I like how you aren't on the team (At least, not according to the first post), some B/W stuff is included still (Such as the seasons), CNG makes this choice most likely, I was asking CNG, and you're still answering for him. /sarcasm.

Years
  • I like how you aren't on the team (At least, not according to the first post), some B/W stuff is included still (Such as the seasons), CNG makes this choice most likely, I was asking CNG, and you're still answering for him. /sarcasm.

He already had the B/W stuff made, why put it to waste? If you use your brain and think, why would he do Secret Base (which serves no purpose) or Underground (which is a lame feature anyway).

If somebody wants that crap they can do it themselves. If you can't figure out that some things are not essentials then you are an idiot.

Wow writing on the iPhone is a pain..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2012
    He already had the B/W stuff made, why put it to waste? If you use your brain and think, why would he do Secret Base (which serves no purpose) or Underground (which is a lame feature anyway).

If somebody wants that crap they can do it themselves. If you can't figure out that some things are not essentials then you are an idiot.

Wow writing on the iPhone is a pain..
    I like how you're still trying to say you know what CNG will say. And hey, maybe Secret Bases won't be included. I was just asking. He also removed some B/W stuff he already had made. I wasn't making a request, just so you know. I don't really care if Secret Bases are included. Underground is nice though.

Also seasons aren't essential. 3D isn't essential. Battle systems aren't essential. Go back to Gen I and you see most things aren't essential. Now stop being a total moron and then calling me the idiot here.

(And no, I'm not implying battle systems weren't in Gen I. I'm implying you could code it yourself. Now stop trying to debate every post I make.)

Years
  • This isn't for Gen 1 is it? It's for HGSS and 3D is Part of HGSS (although 3D on RPGMXP is limited). Seasons is optional but he kept it in, basically the only BW function actually in the kit. As for not including the battle system he is making a Starter Kit, so people don't have to make that themselves.

I wouldn't be calling you an idiot if you wern't being a sarcastic arse in the first place, then writing /sarcasm at the end of the post as if you think I don't recognize sarcasm.

Your the one who got this off-topic.

OT: will be nice to download this and see what you've done. Anybody know if he included the music with it? Hope not, don't feel like downloading them all again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I think itm means being able to rotate, without moving in that direction - like in real Pokemon games.

Yes; this is what I meant.

Okay; Let's calm down here. First off; HeliowaltonAU, are you apart of this CNG's team officially? Because I see nothing indicating that you really have any say in what goes in and what doesn't. NW was simply asking CNG a question. And to be honest; I don't see why this kit couldn;t include underground/secret base; just because you don't deem it worthy doesn't mean it isn't. Now if CNG says he doesn't want it then fine. By all means, voice your opinion on the matter. Whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant right now. But from now on, how about you let the person making this wonderful kit answer the questions. :)

Anyways, as I briefly mentioned above. I think including a secret base would be kinda neat. I mean people could eventually build upon that into something more if they wanted. Of course I would say put that on the wait list until most of the necessities are taken care of.

Years
  • I just worded it badly, yes I know I don't gave a say it is just an opinion, wiz is just being an arse to what I say. Do you think he will put either of those functions in? He already said he wouldn't do stuff like more than 6 Pokemon, to change it himself if he wanted to, Underground and Secret Bases are, most likely, in the same category as 8 pokemon.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    I downloaded, I tried to edited on my RPXP but it sayed something about wrong version.
    When I tried to try the game out, it said that one component was missing, but it was a component that was already but just one digit diferent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back