• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best moves introduced in Gen V?

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
  • HEAT CRASH. Just because I love how it sounds.

I'm personally not too fond of Scald. Giving Water type of all types a move with 30% burn chance is just mean.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Scald all the way. It's sooo good on bulky Water-types like Vaporeon, Milotic, and Suicune who can really benefit from the opponent's attack drop from the burn status. I never really appreciated it in Gen V, but now that I'm getting back into competitive play it's an amazing move.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • In my opinion Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare are best. Beside them, Scald is great too. Also Heal Block.. There isn't much users of Heal Block but it's a very unique and cool status.
    dının dının dıt.... That sound! lol

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • My favorites out of the Gen V moves are Acrobatics, Final Gambit, Foul Play, Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, Low Sweep, Quick Guard, V-create, and Volt Switch.

I like Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, and V-Create because of the cool animations (lmao), and Acrobatics and Volt Switch are two moves I've used a lot ever since they were introduced.
    As for the others, I think Foul Play and Quick Guard are interesting (especially in competitive battles), and if Final Gambit didn't exist, resetting legendary encounters for a perfect HP IV would be a lot more painful than it already is.

Oh, and lastly - I mentioned Low Sweep because I have a lot of funny memories associated with it. I used Weavile a ton in Battle Spot last year, and whenever an unsuspecting Tyranitar (or any other Pokemon 4x weak to Fighting) switched in, I'd proceed to obliterate it with Low Sweep. Those were good times.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • I have some kind of strange fascination with Heat Crash. Maybe because the Fire type is my second favorite type, and I'm a sucker when it comes to fire. I love fire. I'm not a psycho though...stop looking at me like that. ;-;

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • I had to search up what new moves Gamefreak added in Gen V because I honestly don't really know... I did play Gen 4 and 5 I just didn't pay much attention to the moves they had. I would say Electroweb. It's the first thing I would use in battle back in White 2 with my Emolga. I think it's one of Emolga's best possible moves. Kinda hard to get tho.

Years
  • I like Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, and V-Create because of the cool animations (lmao), and Acrobatics and Volt Switch are two moves I've used a lot ever since they were introduced.

Oh, and lastly - I mentioned Low Sweep because I have a lot of funny memories associated with it. I used Weavile a ton in Battle Spot last year, and whenever an unsuspecting Tyranitar (or any other Pokemon 4x weak to Fighting) switched in, I'd proceed to obliterate it with Low Sweep. Those were good times.

I agree with those signature legendary moves. Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare had a unique gimmick in that one of the two moves get powered up after the other is used, sadly both Reshiram and Zekrom resisted them so it was a bit worthless. In double battles however, have the two dragons together and the one who attacked second can really demolish the foe.

Acrobatics is a really good move, to the point I intentionally don't give any held items to a Pokemon that knows it solely for the power boost. I also love how quickly the Pokemon moves in the animation, sorta reminds me of a ninja.

Low Sweep was once a great move for Technician users, such as Breloom or Ambipom. It was sad to see the move's power increased in 6th Gen and therefore lose its Technician benefits but it's still good for slower Fighting-types since the Speed lowering can make a difference.

I have some kind of strange fascination with Heat Crash. Maybe because the Fire type is my second favorite type, and I'm a sucker when it comes to fire. I love fire. I'm not a psycho though...stop looking at me like that. ;-;

I wonder if you knew it was the signature move for the Tepig line? It does at least give something to make the fiery pig stand out, since the other two Unova starters never really had a technical signature move. Oshawott is heavily associated with Razor Shell and Snivy with Leaf Tornado but there's a few other Pokemon who also learn those moves so you can't really count them as signature moves.

Speaking of Razor Shell, it is one of my fave moves ever, but you likely already knew that.

I would say Electroweb. It's the first thing I would use in battle back in White 2 with my Emolga. I think it's one of Emolga's best possible moves. Kinda hard to get tho.

I have to admit, while Electroweb seems like a weak move, it does hit multiple targets which makes it handy in double and triple battles (and also hordes in 6th Gen). The move was quite limited back in B/W but B2/W2's Move Tutors did make the move far more widespread, such as having several Bug-types able to learn it.

Back