• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Favorite era of music?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
  • My favorite music era is the late 50s-early 60s (pre-British Invasion) rock and roll/pop, doo-wop, and 'rockabilly'. A lot of these songs from then are a throwback to simpler times. Most oldies stations that are still running such a format won't even play anything pre-British Invasion anymore, due to the target demographic supposedly "not being profitable" (I will never understand why advertisers think us youngin's are all rich and able to buy lots of their products).

Oldies stations have really gone down the toilet recently I've noticed.

It's ridiculous - a few years ago I had a really nice station that played a mix of 60s/70s (I don't know about pre-British Invasion, though), but over the years it transitioned into what it is today... Dominated by 80s pop and rock (another has started playing 90s). A lot of stations have done this. There exist no 60s/70s stations that I know of anymore, at least not without going online.

I like having radio on in the background, but I have had to put together my own playlist and play it through my stereo so I have music I actually like playing. Radio is no good anymore. =(

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • While I rarely listen to music nowadays, my favorite era of music is between the 70's and 90's. I loved when songs were much better and weren't trying too hard to be catchy, plus they're classics!

Speaking of classics, I also like classical music (you know, baroque, romantic, that stuff), because, doy, they're classical.

Back