• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team help please

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Hello everybody! I'm trying to fix up my battle spot team. yeah... I really enjoy battle spot... and occasionally online singles. I don't play by tiers so, well, judge me as you must. I enjoy playing with pokemon I love, but I always get stuck at my last poke for a team. so I was hoping for some help with that!
    I recently got tired of mega-mawile and decided to switch it out for a mega-lucario. I'm aware that they're considered uber by smogon but again i don't do tiers. I didn't even choose them for strength, I just love them. I used a mawile way back in Soul Silver, my very first pokemon game.

heres my team (it works suprisingly okay online):

V (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Foul Play
    - Toxic

Nitske (Arcanine) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extreme Speed
    - Morning Sun
    - Will-O-Wisp

Arrow (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch

Mizuchi (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Roost
    - Dragon Claw
    - Extreme Speed
    - Fire Punch

Alvaro (Lucario-Mega) @ Lucarionite
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch (I know there has to be a better option for him, so help please?)

so these are my five poke's. I know there's a pretty big fairy weakness going on here, and I seem to have some problems with fighting and ground too. I need a pokemon with typing and moves to help cover my weakness's.

I don't like using legendaries. Please respect this.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Mega Lucario generally uses both Iron Tail and Bullet Punch together (the former for a nuking Steel attack and the latter for picking things off). Drop either Ice Punch or Crunch for it, depending on if you have a harder time with Gliscor/Landorus or Aegislash.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Mega Lucario generally uses both Iron Tail and Bullet Punch together (the former for a nuking Steel attack and the latter for picking things off). Drop either Ice Punch or Crunch for it, depending on if you have a harder time with Gliscor/Landorus or Aegislash.
    I have a harder time with gliscor and landorous I think.
    do you have any recommendation for a last poke for my team?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have a harder time with gliscor and landorous I think.
    do you have any recommendation for a last poke for my team?

Togekiss can act as a resistance for both Fighting and Ground Pokemon:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Thunder Wave/Heal Bell/Fire Blast
    -Roost
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 248 HP/76 Def/8 SDef/176 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Heal Bell
    -Roost
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Togekiss can act as a resistance for both Fighting and Ground Pokemon:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Thunder Wave/Heal Bell/Fire Blast
    -Roost
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 248 HP/76 Def/8 SDef/176 Spe

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Air Slash
    -Heal Bell
    -Roost
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef

I'll look into togekiss.
    do you think earthquake would be a viable replacement for crunch? Is ice punch also useful enough? I'm still on the fence. Lucario is so versatile!
    Also what's your view on togekiss creating a 3 times rock weakness on my team? should I be concerned about stealth rock?
    I like to use the team magma team builder to even out my teams typings. But to be honest, past that I'm not very good at creating evened out teams.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll look into togekiss.
    do you think earthquake would be a viable replacement for crunch? Is ice punch also useful enough? I'm still on the fence. Lucario is so versatile!
    Also what's your view on togekiss creating a 3 times rock weakness on my team? should I be concerned about stealth rock?
    I like to use the team magma team builder to even out my teams typings. But to be honest, past that I'm not very good at creating evened out teams.
    All Earthquake really does for it is let you hit Aegislash super-effectively without having to worry about King's Shield. Mega Lucario's Adaptability STABs (mainly Close Combat) hit just about everything Earthquake does as hard or harder. So personally I'd rather use Crunch over Earthquake. Or even Iron Tail like Platinum suggested. I'd also suggest keeping Ice Punch; Ice is such a useful offensive type and Ice Punch allows it to smash several 'mons that resist Fighting and aren't hit hard enough by Crunch or Iron Tail (which is also inaccurate) like Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus, Roserade, non-Mega Venusaur, Amoongus, Staraptor, etc without having to switch out. You can also snipe Garchomp with Ice Punch and save a PP for Close Combat.

I don't think that you have to worry too much about half your team being Rock weak since Stealth is rare in Battle Spot and Lucario and Feraligatr beat enough Rock types and Rock wielding pokes for you. But if it still bugs you you could use Gengar in place of Togekiss. It lets you keep your Ground/Fighting resist (or immunity rather) while still having good offensive presence, particularly without the need to set up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    All Earthquake really does for it is let you hit Aegislash super-effectively without having to worry about King's Shield. Mega Lucario's Adaptability STABs (mainly Close Combat) hit just about everything Earthquake does as hard or harder. So personally I'd rather use Crunch over Earthquake. Or even Iron Tail like Platinum suggested. I'd also suggest keeping Ice Punch; Ice is such a useful offensive type and Ice Punch allows it to smash several 'mons that resist Fighting and aren't hit hard enough by Crunch or Iron Tail (which is also inaccurate) like Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus, Roserade, non-Mega Venusaur, Amoongus, Staraptor, etc without having to switch out. You can also snipe Garchomp with Ice Punch and save a PP for Close Combat.

I don't think that you have to worry too much about half your team being Rock weak since Stealth is rare in Battle Spot and Lucario and Feraligatr beat enough Rock types and Rock wielding pokes for you. But if it still bugs you you could use Gengar in place of Togekiss. It lets you keep your Ground/Fighting resist (or immunity rather) while still having good offensive presence, particularly without the need to set up.

Thanks! I will keep ice punch then and give it iron tail. If the accuracy bugs me I'll relearn crunch. Or I suppose shadow claw is a good option too?
    If I don't have to worry too much about rock types with feraligatr and lucario then I'll go breed myself a togekiss. I greatly appreciate the detail you went into for me. I'm not a great battler but I still like to make the best team I can. :)

Back