• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    Hi, everyone!

I'm just getting back into Pokemon. Last game I played was emerald so I know I missed out allot but I'm going to try and play the ones I missed. I just recently got Omega Ruby and I'm really getting into competitive battles. I play on Pokemon Showdown a the time but I wanted to try the real game. I wanted to meet some like-minded Pokemon fans so I thought signing up here could help.

In my free time I'm trying to teach myself how to program. I have the perfect idea for a Pokemon game and I want to try to make it.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hiya!

It must be fun to play Omega Ruby as the first game you've played after Emerald, actually - you get to see the original Hoenn and then the upgraded Gen VI version back-to-back. How are you enjoying OR so far? I played AS as my first Pokémon game in a few years and found it immensely fun, if a little easy.

Also, we've got a pretty big competitive battling community! I'm not really into it myself, I prefer the exploration and story aspects of Pokémon games and find the battling secondary, but of course you don't have to agree with me. Check out the Battling and Team Building section for competitive discussions! Oh, and we've also got a Battle Server too :)

Welcome to PokéCommunity, PepeSilva! I hope you have a great time here!

Years
  • Hey Silva, it's great having you on PC, welcome. ^^

The Hoenn games are in my opinion some of the best in the franchise so I'm glad you're diving back to Pokémon with those. Any plans to buy X or Y afterwards? Always fun exploring a brand-new region so I'm sure you'd love them as well (and I definitely would recommend them). ;p

Hope your battling endeavors have been going good so far too, even though Showdown battling tends to be a bit more popular on PC I'm sure you'll find others to battle in-game as well. Have a blast!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi, everyone!

I'm just getting back into Pokemon. Last game I played was emerald so I know I missed out allot but I'm going to try and play the ones I missed. I just recently got Omega Ruby and I'm really getting into competitive battles. I play on Pokemon Showdown a the time but I wanted to try the real game. I wanted to meet some like-minded Pokemon fans so I thought signing up here could help.

In my free time I'm trying to teach myself how to program. I have the perfect idea for a Pokemon game and I want to try to make it.
    Welcome to the community, mate! Emerald was a great game except for not having Zangoose imo (; hope you're enjoying the newer games so you'll reawake your interest in the franchise fully!

Would you make a ROM hack or a game of your own from scratch? There are people doing both here.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    Hiya!

It must be fun to play Omega Ruby as the first game you've played after Emerald, actually - you get to see the original Hoenn and then the upgraded Gen VI version back-to-back. How are you enjoying OR so far? I played AS as my first Pokémon game in a few years and found it immensely fun, if a little easy.

Also, we've got a pretty big competitive battling community! I'm not really into it myself, I prefer the exploration and story aspects of Pokémon games and find the battling secondary, but of course you don't have to agree with me. Check out the Battling and Team Building section for competitive discussions! Oh, and we've also got a Battle Server too :)

Welcome to PokéCommunity, PepeSilva! I hope you have a great time here!

It is! I'm really enjoying it. I was super excited to see that I can finally ride a Pokemon. I love riding around on my Latios. I'm kinda the opposite, I never really found the story interesting. But then again, I did miss out on allot. What's your favorite game regarding the story?

I'll definitely go check them out later. this looks like a really nice community.

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    Hey Silva, it's great having you on PC, welcome. ^^

The Hoenn games are in my opinion some of the best in the franchise so I'm glad you're diving back to Pokémon with those. Any plans to buy X or Y afterwards? Always fun exploring a brand-new region so I'm sure you'd love them as well (and I definitely would recommend them). ;p

Hope your battling endeavors have been going good so far too, even though Showdown battling tends to be a bit more popular on PC I'm sure you'll find others to battle in-game as well. Have a blast!

I really enjoyed emerald, that the only game that I had a complete Pokedex. Trying to complete the Pokedex in OR looks a little intimidating but I'm enjoying so far. I'm definitely going to get X or Y. It would be fun to explore something new. Also, it will help in completing my Pokedex.

Getting an in-game battle ready team is a bit more time-consuming than I had originally thought, but I feel like I have some type of bond with the Pokemon I'm getting ready for battle. Does that sound silly? I still love Showdown.

Thanks for the kind welcome

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    Welcome to the community, mate! Emerald was a great game except for not having Zangoose imo (; hope you're enjoying the newer games so you'll reawake your interest in the franchise fully!

Would you make a ROM hack or a game of your own from scratch? There are people doing both here.

Hi! Zangose in awesome. he is one of my favorite looking Pokemon. I'm really enjoying getting back into Pokemon, and there are so many things I have to learn. Pokken looks really fun and it's the game I wished i always had. I'm thinking about getting a WiiU just for that game.

I plan on making it from scratch because what I want most out this is to learn and get a feel of the process of making a game. I feel like I might be going to Game development section allot. There seems to be allot of people doing what I want to do, so hopefully I can learn a bit from them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi! Zangose in awesome. he is one of my favorite looking Pokemon. I'm really enjoying getting back into Pokemon, and there are so many things I have to learn. Pokken looks really fun and it's the game I wished i always had. I'm thinking about getting a WiiU just for that game.

I plan on making it from scratch because what I want most out this is to learn and get a feel of the process of making a game. I feel like I might be going to Game development section allot. There seems to be allot of people doing what I want to do, so hopefully I can learn a bit from them.

Yea, I always used Zangoose when I played Ruby version! Oh wow, yea I've heard a lot of people having fun with Pokken, but I'm not sure I would get a Wii U just for one game. But that's just me, I'm not much of a gamer sadly (;

The Game Dev section is really cool here! A good friend of mine is making a game called Phoenix Rising, so I've heard a lot about how much effort can go into a completely new game, haha. But I guess it all depends on how big and special you want to make it. I wish you good luck and hope you'll have fun!

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    Yea, I always used Zangoose when I played Ruby version! Oh wow, yea I've heard a lot of people having fun with Pokken, but I'm not sure I would get a Wii U just for one game. But that's just me, I'm not much of a gamer sadly (;

The Game Dev section is really cool here! A good friend of mine is making a game called Phoenix Rising, so I've heard a lot about how much effort can go into a completely new game, haha. But I guess it all depends on how big and special you want to make it. I wish you good luck and hope you'll have fun!

I've just aways wanted to play a fighting Pokemon game. There are a couple more WiiU games I really want to play like Mario maker and super smash bros. But I think I should wait until later this year when they release the new Nintendo console. I just hope the port over some of those games to the new one. I think I play too many games.

I just looked up Phoenix Rising and holy smoke that game looks cool. There are so many fan made Pokemon games I need to play as well. Yeah making a new game does seem daunting but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've just aways wanted to play a fighting Pokemon game. There are a couple more WiiU games I really want to play like Mario maker and super smash bros. But I think I should wait until later this year when they release the new Nintendo console. I just hope the port over some of those games to the new one. I think I play too many games.

I just looked up Phoenix Rising and holy smoke that game looks cool. There are so many fan made Pokemon games I need to play as well. Yeah making a new game does seem daunting but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks!
    One last thing, a little handy forum hint: instead of quoting each post individually, you can click the + sign for each post right next to the quote button for all but the last post you want to quote. When you finally click "Quote" on a post then, all the posts you clicked + on will show up too so you can reply to them all in one post! c:

Back