• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] A Journey to the End of My Dreams

Rextoret

The Writer
Years
  • [T] - Moderate violence, very lightly insinuated sexual content, and infrequent mild language.

Author Notes: A Journey to the End of My Dreams (AJttEoMD/AJEMD) is a Pokemon fan-fiction set in the Kanto region, running parallel to the early events of HG/SS and G/S/C. It is written by yours truly, Rextoret, and will ultimately contain a total of 26 chapters - A prologue, 24 normal chapters, and an epilogue. Mature content will likely be very light. If I was to place this under any certain genres, it'd be romance and action. Posts might be sparse, due to my other work.

Media: To come after I have reached 15 posts.

---

PROLOGUE

Cold and harsh winds blew over Lavender Town. Winter had grasped Kanto, placing a perpetual chill in the air. Even so, life for the citizens of the region continued as usual. Trainers went gym to gym, challenging the leaders. Professor Oak continued with his research in Pallet Town, busily watching the progress of a certain trainer in Johto. This trainer was named Ethan, and he was steadily making his way through the gyms of the region – accompanied by his Totodile. Children played in the streets of the towns and cities of Johto, their scarfs flapping in the wind.

Back in Lavender Town, a young man by the name of Grey was eating lunch while watching the TV. The boy's Growlithe sat on his lap; both of them watching the pre-recorded Pokemon battles that were playing. Grey's mother had left for the day, taking a trip to Saffron city to see a friend. And so here he sat, watching as a trainer by the name of Red challenged the Elite Four – an event that had transpired around 3 years ago. Grey's eyes carefully analyzed the battle, taking careful note of every tactic that the two trainers were using. He knew they would come in handy later.

The door flew open, sending cold air into the house and chills down Grey's spine. He tilted his head back to see who had opened the door with such force. A girl, his age, stood in the doorway – her nose red from the cold. A small Aron stood beside her, also shivering from the cold. "Violet? What are you doing here?" The girl shut the door behind her – with a bang – and moved towards Grey, speaking as she went. "Is your mom here?" Violet walked up to the couch and sat next to Gray, fixating her gaze on the TV. "No, she's in Saffron City right now. Did you need something?" Violet nervously twiddled her thumbs. A light blush could be faintly seen spreading across her cheeks. "Um… I… Actually, forget it. I'll be going home."

Violet headed for the door, placed her hand on the door – and turned around towards Grey. She opened her mouth to speak. "You've got the day we leave marked in your Pokegear, right?" Grey tilted his head backwards again, allowing his blond hair to suspend itself upside down, and looked at Violet. He gave her a hearty grin. "Of course, as if I could ever forget!"

Back