• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading Never Saw the Light of Day

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Sadly, some concepts in the Pokemon Anime aren't really used often... such as trading. What are some of the game mechanics you wished were also in the anime/were used more often within the anime, etc? As I've mentioned above, I wish the anime had showcased more trades. :|

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I would like too see more Pokemon catching. Satoshi and Co. tend to befriend a lot of pokemon in their journey but don't catch any of them. For someone aiming to be a pokemon master, Satoshi is such a flake when actually catching any pokemon... after 6 generations he's got a total of 38 different species of pokemon. 38! man I don't know if he's just lazy or someone who doesn't have interest in catching new pokemon... To be fair the only pokemon that Satoshi catches are those who want to come with him or those he'd personally taken an interest in.

But still 38... in 6 generations... makes me sad just thinking about it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Seeing different grades of Pokeballs being used more often would have been nice. We had a few in Johto Journeys, and I think a guy in Hoenn had a Master Ball, but otherwise...it's always Pokeballs trainers throw, or use. I suppose it's easier to animate?

Guest123_x1

I wish the anime had showcased more trades. :|
    I always thought it was cool how trades were showcased in the anime, with the machine seen and used on the St. Anne. Truth be told, I've almost completely forgotten about this aspect until this thread was made.

Sidebar: I seem to remember drawing trading machines similar to the St. Anne one back when I was big-time into Pokémon (when I was in middle school). Sadly, I don't have those drawings anymore. :(

Lyrica's suggestion of seeing more of the other PokéBall variants is also great. Kind of dull that everybody uses ordinary PokéBalls in the anime almost exclusively.

zeno101200

The Wanderer
    Years
  • That makes sense, and seeing more Pokeball variants would be cool. But it likely stays mostly as Pokeballs for how simple the design is (and possibly to avoid consistency errors in the animation as well). Still, I would love to see more double or triple battles in the series. They always and intrigued me, and seeing more common implementation of it would be really cool, but it only really seemed to get a focus back in Advanced. Team Rocket send out multiples at once, but usually when they get defeated, it's by just one attack.

Years
  • I would like too see more Pokemon catching. Satoshi and Co. tend to befriend a lot of pokemon in their journey but don't catch any of them. For someone aiming to be a pokemon master, Satoshi is such a flake when actually catching any pokemon... after 6 generations he's got a total of 38 different species of pokemon. 38! man I don't know if he's just lazy or someone who doesn't have interest in catching new pokemon... To be fair the only pokemon that Satoshi catches are those who want to come with him or those he'd personally taken an interest in.

But still 38... in 6 generations... makes me sad just thinking about it.

What does the number of Pokemon Ash has caught have to do with his Pokemon Master goal? 'Cause if this is about the "gotta catch 'em all" mantra from early Kanto, that hasn't been relevant to Ash's goal itself for more than a decade. Not only that, but seeing as he abandons his Pokemon at Oak's lab every 3 to 4 years (bar Pikachu) and sometimes struggles just juggling a team of six, I don't see what him catching more Pokemon would accomplish, unless him neglecting more of his Pokemon sounds like a fun idea.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • What does the number of Pokemon Ash has caught have to do with his Pokemon Master goal? 'Cause if this is about the "gotta catch 'em all" mantra from early Kanto, that hasn't been relevant to Ash's goal itself for more than a decade. Not only that, but seeing as he abandons his Pokemon at Oak's lab every 3 to 4 years (bar Pikachu) and sometimes struggles just juggling a team of six, I don't see what him catching more Pokemon would accomplish, unless him neglecting more of his Pokemon sounds like a fun idea.

Good point :D but I think he should at least catch a lot more pokemon... since boxing pokemon is a thing that we all do. We can just have pokemon that Satoshi/Ash benches immediately, like the 30 Touros or his Haunter.

Having other pokemon on the bench would benefit him greatly in the league fights (If there are still some LOL) Just like we've seen him before rotating in different pokemon for different opponents.

But since he's going to school... I doubt he'd ever get more than five pokemon now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Trading seems sooo awkward in the anime though, haha. Instead of just handing each other the Pokeballs they had to... put them through the machine? Not really sure what it did but, whatever haha.

I wish Ash's travelling companions caught 6 or more Pokemon as well. They were a bit better in early generations, buuut Clemont and Serena barely caught any. Okay, technically Clemont already had Pokemon, but Serena only caught 2 other than her starter! That's like, nothing.

I would say I would want the Pokemon Musicals to be included since they were put into BW and not really focused on, but I kind of see Showcases as these re-imagined.

Back