• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays Pokemon 1 Year Anniversary [Discussion Thread]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Twitch Plays Pokemon 1 Year Anniversary [Discussion Thread]

To view the current stream, click the link provided here.

As of today, it has been exactly one year in which the Internet sensation of "Twitch Plays Pokemon" was launched. To celebrate, the user has restarted their first playthrough and are currently playing through Pokemon Red.

This thread can be used to discuss either the old Twitch Plays Pokemon streams or the newest one that is going on. Did you end up watching any of last year's Twitch Plays Pokemon run? What were some of your favorite moments from the stream? What do you think of the concept of everyone inputting commands at once, as well as the Democracy/Anarchy commands in place?

Also if people want to know, the audience has picked the Dome Fossil this time around instead of the Helix Fossil. All hail the Dome!(?)​

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I don't feel like it's gonna be as popular this time around, but you never know. It could be even bigger than ever. Definitely funny to see if people work together or not.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I personally don't have much interest in it. I think it's cool that it's been a year, but I don't much feel like fighting with hundreds of people again. And you can only watch so much walking into walls.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Just to make sure everyone isn't confused that they're just replaying the game. This run is actually a "complete the Pokedex" run. On top of that, this is a special rom-hack/modified version specifically made for the Anniversary run, so harder Gym Leaders (Brock has a Level 17 Aerodactyl!) and more Pokemon variety in earlier routes.

Already, this run has been a blood bath. Still can't believe they released Growlzard. I have a feeling this is going to be a lot like the Black run; constant team switching due to mass releasing. (hopefully not though! I like Parasect!)

R.I.P. GODKARP. YOU WERE MAGNIFICENT AGAINST MISTY.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Just to make sure everyone isn't confused that they're just replaying the game. This run is actually a "complete the Pokedex" run. On top of that, this is a special rom-hack/modified version specifically made for the Anniversary run, so harder Gym Leaders (Brock has a Level 17 Aerodactyl!) and more Pokemon variety in earlier routes.

Already, this run has been a blood bath. Still can't believe they released Growlzard. I have a feeling this is going to be a lot like the Black run; constant team switching due to mass releasing. (hopefully not though! I like Parasect!)

R.I.P. GODKARP. YOU WERE MAGNIFICENT AGAINST MISTY.

If they're trying to complete the Pokedex, I can only imagine what it's going to be like when they meet Snorlax, the legendary birds, and Mewtwo. That is not going to go well at all lol.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I watched for about ten minutes. It's pretty funny still, but I don't want to sit watching forever, haha.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • If they're trying to complete the Pokedex, I can only imagine what it's going to be like when they meet Snorlax, the legendary birds, and Mewtwo. That is not going to go well at all lol.
    Thankfully, there are precautions in place should they ever faint them, haha. All stationary Pokemon will respawn after a certain amount of steps and a map reset (i.e leave the area and come back). And, hey! They (fabled and legendary Australians) managed to catch Zapdos on their first try with a Master Ball. They're not totally incompetent lol.

Back