• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new Pokemon Game

What should the title be?

• Pokemon Nightmare

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I plan to start a new Pokemon game soon. I'll start it as soon as I have the money to get the license for RPG Maker XP so I can use Poccil's starter kit. Please note this game will not be a hack and will be made from scratch.

This game has no determined title so if you can think of one send me a private message.

The Begining​

You are a new trainer just going to get your first Pokemon. After choosing your first Pokemon you get to pick an egg. Then everything gets dark. There is an explosion, then the lights go back on. A man walks up and says, "Another Bad copy." Then the man walks away. The professor runs to a secret door to make sure his prized possesion has not been stolen. Relieved he sends you to go get the scattered Pokemon in the forest.​

Added Features​

-1 new Pokemon
    -All formes of Rotom, Shaymin, and Giratina
    -The Nightmare Realm
    -The Distortion World
    -2 new regions
    -and more​

I'll try to update soon including when I will get the RPG Maker XP.​

The Starters​

Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Treeko
    Torchic
    Mudkip
    Turtwig
    Chimchar
    Piplup
    and Pikachu​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Really some people are silly. ...until I save enough money to et a license..... Are you serious? You want to spend money on something you have possibly never used? Just to make a pokemon game? At least get a pirate version, try it and then if you realy want to buy it do it!
    You may not be that kind of person, but most users do.
    But seeing the starters list I am sure you are actually that kind of person.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Really some people are silly. ...until I save enough money to et a license..... Are you serious? You want to spend money on something you have possibly never used? Just to make a pokemon game? At least get a pirate version, try it and then if you realy want to buy it do it!
    You may not be that kind of person, but most users do.
    But seeing the starters list I am sure you are actually that kind of person.

He didn't say that he hasn't tried it, for all you know he's already used the Trial Version, and wants to use the full version.

And I would recommend not using the pirated version, it's not nearly as good as the full program, not even close.

Waudby

One line that bothers me here is the bit that says, he will use the starter kit and then goes on to say it'll be made from scratch :/

they're two different things me thinks....

But i know what he means. It sounds like an ambitious project, but if you're familiar with the software and starter kit system then good luck :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Actually yes it's an ambitious project. But since I found the forum I see people starting threads for making games and hacks.Is that ordinary, why should everybody who finds the forum have to make a game or a hack?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I have used the 30 day free trial for RMXP and all the others. I like this one the best.

I have not named the region yet, but have an idea for the towns. The reason it is general is that I am only giving a bit at a time and have just thought of the idea four days ago.

Yuoaman

Years
  • Actually yes it's an ambitious project. But since I found the forum I see people starting threads for making games and hacks.Is that ordinary, why should everybody who finds the forum have to make a game or a hack?

What!? There's quite a large portion of the community who doesn't even venture into the Game Dev or Emulation sections. We are a very small part of a large community. And the reason a lot of people make games or hacks are because they are inspired by the ones already here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Oh yes there are like more than 200 games here....

Ok pokemon player. I will help you. Pm me if you want help organizing the game.

Yuoaman

Years
  • Oh... More than 90% of the game to which you refer are dead projects. The only projects which are actively being worked on are (usually) those on the first page of the Plot and Story section and the Showcase.

And we should get back on topic now...

POKEMON PLAYER, this game is FAR too ambitious for a first project, try and make a small game which you have a chance of finishing before moving onto something this massive.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Yuoaman, I think you are right I will do a smaller project then , once I get better at making games I will comeback to this project. Or I could ask my friend for help. He may not be on Pokecommunity, but he is good at making games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    The "rules" have changed. There will be new starters and some new pokemon. Also, there will be only pokemon ftting in the region, and will have some differences with the normal pokemon.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • And I would recommend not using the pirated version, it's not nearly as good as the full program, not even close.

I'm curious, how exactly do the versions vary, you have all the same features in the trial, licenced and pirated versions, the only thing that differs is the legal permissions to the software...so I don't quite get your statement.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm curious, how exactly do the versions vary, you have all the same features in the trial, licenced and pirated versions, the only thing that differs is the legal permissions to the software...so I don't quite get your statement.
    As I understand it, no, you don't. And the pirate version is buggy. And I think it doesn't work with Poccil's Starter Kit, if you were wanting to use that.

So yeah, you can play around with the pirate version all you want, but don't expect to be able to do anything significant with it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think the pirated version uses RGSS 1.00, while the legal one uses 1.02. Also, a few things are defined differently, such as the Font class.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yeah, probably. Some people might not want to help you unless you have the legal version, though...

Back