• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
So in HGSS, how likely is it that trainers on the Pokégear will call you to offer certain items? I thought you could just call them at certain times (like Picnicker Gina on Sundays) and get the item from them that day, but that turned out to not be the case. Do they just call and have an item whenever they feel like it at a certain time chosen by the game? Because I was hoping to get a Leaf Stone should I use one of my Grass-types...

According to various sites, you need at least 7 gym badges and have beaten Team Rocket. If you've done that, try calling them instead? If not, then I think that's the issue..

Years
According to various sites, you need at least 7 gym badges and have beaten Team Rocket. If you've done that, try calling them instead? If not, then I think that's the issue..

Yeah, I remember after I beat the Radio Tower (which was a Sunday) I tried calling Gina and rematched her, but didn't get an item from her. I just beat Lance yesterday, so might it be more likely to happen now that i've obtained the National Pokédex?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Yeah, I remember after I beat the Radio Tower (which was a Sunday) I tried calling Gina and rematched her, but didn't get an item from her. I just beat Lance yesterday, so might it be more likely to happen now that i've obtained the National Pokédex?

Maybe...experiment by setting your DS to a new date that's on a Sunday, perhaps? Just see if that works..

Years
Can't play my Gen 4 games on my 3DS but I can play them on my brothers 3DS

Hi everyone, this was probably posted like a million times here but I just cannot find the answer and I seem to have noticed something thats others havent. I noticed that my D, P, PT and HG, SS all of them (even my brothers gen iv games) don't work on my 3DS but all my gen v games work on my 3ds. Also all my gen 4 games work on my brothers 3ds so there must be something wrong with mine. Does anyone have this problem too? Also if you don't know why i don't just play on my ds is because i have a LITE and thats it and my dpad is worn out after all the hundreds of hours of replaying my Gen 3 games and b
gen iv games as well as gen 5. My 3ds is in better shape so I would like to play on my 3ds but I can't because of a "Communication Error"

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
To enter the union room do you have to use internet?

I want to trade between my Heartgold and Soulsilver but I know internet for those games are shut down but does the union room require internet?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If I can recall correctly, you should be able to access the union room and trade with yourself wirelessly (as in DS-DS), despite the GTS being shut down. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Anyway, just going to push this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
Chances of getting Shiny Starter?

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what are the chances of getting any of the shiny starters in HH/SS? All I really know is that it is not easy at all to find one. I also can't find the answer on the web, so that's why I am asking you guys. It would be a BIG help for you guys telling me.

Years
Chances of getting shiny starters are the same as chances of getting every other wild Pokemon. For HG/SS which is a Gen IV game, chances are 1/8192.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
If I can recall correctly, you should be able to access the union room and trade with yourself wirelessly (as in DS-DS), despite the GTS being shut down. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Anyway, just going to push this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. :)

Correct. I've been trading between Diamond, Platinum and HeartGold with my two DS' even in the aftermath of the GTS shutdown.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
Should i Play These Games ?

i never played the Diamond Pearl Platinum games because they were never talk about. that much. only Heart Gold and Soul Silver now that i have the DS should i really took a time to play these games ? its like 20 reais on downtown são paulo so what you guys think ?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm anticipating that a few people will come and say no, but I really thought that these games were solid and fun. I second Platinum! It has more Pokemon and better post-game content plus a couple of extra features.

Years
As the two above me said, Platinum is definitely the best choice of them, since it has more Pokémon, and Diamond and Pearl are ridiculously slow. Platinum also has much better Gym Leaders/Cyrus/Elite Four battles to take, and there's the Battle Frontier in the post-game, and you have Move Tutors. So I would say Platinum is worthwhile, but the only disadvantage is missing out on version exclusives that you can't get in it (which admittedly aren't the most effective ones). While the game is rather long compared to most other Pokémon games, it's worth picking up.

Years
Platinum definitely. It's amazing. There is plenty of stuff you can do even after you finish the game. Amazing story, Pokemon, graphics, characters, and music is absolute awesomeness.
Also, if you will enjoy shiny chaining like myself, you could play this game forever.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
While D/P had their nice parts within, Platinum's pretty much a patch to D/P. It fixes all that was wrong with Diamond and Pearl, and makes them oh so much better. The after-game is worth mentioning, too. You have more legendaries to catch, along with the Battle Frontier that's come back from Emerald to play with.

Anyway, I'd definitely play any Gen 4 game, but you'd probably wanna try Platinum first.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If I were in your shoes, I would definitely play. DPPt carries a whole, entire region and storyline (which are part of the main series), and skipping them would make myself miss out on a lot. As others have suggested, Platinum would probably be the best choice here, as it's got improved graphics, mechanics, additional locations, and also enhanced plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back