• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Anti spam measures

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • So a few weeks ago I saw a account that had been made for spam, (advertising specifically) so I reported it. I was just on another site and saw that your first post has to be approved to help remove spam accounts. Would this be a possibility for PC? Or is it too much for the staff? We could always make it a toggle for HS

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Way, way too much work for the staff. Our anti-spam measures are generally fairly good and we don't have a major issue with spammers. The report button is the best anti-spam measure; hstaff fairly regularly check reports and if they're increasing quickly we'll be on them really fast. The more a spammer is reported the quicker we'll deal with them.

For now I'll also re-activate an anti-spam plugin that we disabled a short while back, just for good measure.

Back