• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.L

Invisible
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Placing is generally good enough for a hack, your opinion is that you prefer Adventure Red and obviously not everyone shares your opinion so that is that.
    Well done to all the hacks that placed, it is well deserved and your effort was definitely not wasted!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Mods favouring the mods. Especially that "seeker" guy. Adventure red deserved to win.
    It should probably be mentioned that "mods favouring the mods" makes no sense, given that I am not even a staff member on this site.

Christos and Spherical Ice made it to this point in Hack of the Year because they each made fantastic hacks. End of discussion. The fact that their username colour is different to the average user has nothing to do with that. Their blue names did not create Gaia or Eclipse; the hard work and dedication of Spherical Ice & Christos did.

Adventure Red appeals to many people, but I upheld my objective viewpoint with a detailed response on each hack. My votes were based on my experience as someone who has studied game design, worked in the video gaming industry, been a ROM hacker before, makes games and overall enjoys playing them. I simply did not think that Adventure Red - while having an extreme amount of work put into it - was not worthy of a Hack of the Year title this year. Even if I gave Adventure Red a perfect score it still would have not won.

While personal preference will always be a subjective point of view; it's hard to argue many of the points made for and against the three hacks nominated this year. Rest assured, the hack creators' username formatting has nothing to do with their ability in creating ROM Hacks and consequently the outcome of this competition.

Years
  • Have to say a while back red was the best out of the lot, but after Gaia and Eclipse then its rating was lower as Gaia and Eclipse did a lot more than what Adventure Red does. I play all 3 and have done a while so i know the ups and downs of all 3.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Congrats for Gaia!

Btw, it was good that Eclipse didn't won, its victory would've easily caused nasty drama because one judge was apparently bribed, I noted this on the judging thread:
    FBI said:
    Guys these scores are out of 5, not 10. The final score is out of 20, not 40. I did this because I wanted to look like a tough judge and give out low numbers. Also, 10 and 40 is too mainstream. As for why I rated Eclipse so high, it was because I was bribed. I feel like I've failed everyone who counted on me to be a fair judge, but the bribe tactics were very powerful.
    I know this contest is just for fun but that shouldn't be tolerated because it's potential drama bomb.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Congrats for Gaia!

Btw, it was good that Eclipse didn't won, its victory would've easily caused nasty drama because one judge was apparently bribed, I noted this on the judging thread:
    I know this contest is just for fun but that shouldn't be tolerated because it's potential drama bomb.

That was a joke

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Congrats for Gaia!

The scores were adjusted in the main post to be out of their full values in the main post, it's just in my post which they were ratios of eachother. If you're talking about the bribe thing, he obviously didn't bribe me. I was just cracking a joke since I had rated Eclipse higher than most people. Sorry for the potential scandals.

Ttar0914

Years
  • That was a joke

The scores were adjusted in the main post to be out of their full values in the main post, it's just in my post which they were ratios of eachother. If you're talking about the bribe thing, he obviously didn't bribe me. I was just cracking a joke since I had rated Eclipse higher than most people. Sorry for the potential scandals.

I guess, some people still have to learn a lot about irony and sarcasm, don't they? ;)
    Anyways, congrats to Spherical Ice on his HOTY victory, and to Christos and Aethestode on their second and third place in the competition. Seeing Eclipse's progress so far, makes me really want to start playing it. :)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Any of the three are winners in my book.. I can't even imagine the tough calls the judges had to make to declare the winner.. Anyways Congrats Sphice!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back