• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Different battles against gym leaders

LordHypnos

Lord of Dreams
Years
  • Hello guys!
    I have a rather specific problem. So the idea is, that the trainer has to defeat three gym leaders. He can chosse the order in which he defeats them all by himself. But heres the catch: If one is defeated, the other two should get stronger (i.e. higher levels/evolutions).

The problem is: I don't know how to implement it. I was testing (and fooling around) with switches and variabels, I even tried to change the door event so that the player will be teleported in a "different" arena where the stronger gym leader waits.
    To cut a long story of failure short: Nothing I tried with my rather restricted skills worked.

Has anyone an idea, how it could be solved?

Thank you very much :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Create 3 versions of each leader (id 0,1,2)

After you win against either of them, not only activate the self switch, but increase a second variable $game_variables[150] += 1)

Start all trainer with the id $game_variables[150]

variable 150 (take a number you prefer) is 0 at the beginning --> calling trainer id 0. After you beat the first gym, it becomes 1
    The second gym has the trainer id 1 then. --> 2 for the last

LordHypnos

Lord of Dreams
    Years
  • I followed your instruction, but the leader just sends his ID 0-Team out.
    I don't know exactly what i do wrong.
    Unfortunately I just signed in to the Froum so I can't post a screenshot ._.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • This thread was made for me to answer

So, i have something like this in Faith & Prayer Version, very similar. Gym leaders can be challenged in any order you want, and their levels increase only after you do certain plot events. Here's a screenshot of one of them with 3 different teams.
    Different battles against gym leaders

You'll need tiered conditional branches, starting from the latest possible outcome, going down to the most recent (That's how it checks for what team to use - Is X cleared? No, check Y. Is Y cleared? No, run Z. Run Z). This can be expanded as deep as you want, but always make sure to check for the most recent version. Alternatively, you can handle it in separate pages in the same event.
    One thing to remember is, you need to have the trainer event use the right team for that situation. For example, Instance X looks like this:
    Code:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Misty,"Misty",_I("You're way too good for me!"),false,3)
    Instance Z looks like this:
    Code:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Misty,"Misty",_I("You're way too good for me!"),false,1)
    Hopefully this all makes sense!

Back