• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that girl?! It's Jess!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Hey guys, I just signed up and am looking forward to browsing the PC.

I'm currently a junior in college studying a B.A. in Music/English and a minor in creative writing at a liberal arts college. I enjoy running, going to concerts, art, meeting people and all sorts of stuff. I love music of all genres. I don't watch too many shows (we actually just canceled our family's netflix and when I'm at school I really online watch things online. sad.) but I really like the show New Girl (hence the reference in the introduction), Gilmore Girls, How I Met Your Mother, and House.

My first pokemon game was Ruby for GBA games. I really loved it, and it was tons of fun playing with my brothers. Now that I'm in college, though, I miss having people to play with so I figured I'd join an online community to get my fill when I have time for my 3ds. Currently I'm playing "Pokemon X." I just started a little while ago, but I transferred all my old pokemon from my GBA/DS games. I'm glad that I was able to transfer my Manaphy because to my understanding that's a big hot seller? At least everyone seems to want one on the GTS and no one ever seems to have any up. If you want a Phione, I'd be happy to trade one (shameless plug). I'm looking forward to trying to complete my pokedex, get through the rest of the game (I've only beat about 3-4 of the gyms so far, so I've got a ways to go in the storyline yet), learn more about breeding, and maybe get my hands on a shiny pokemon for my main party.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the pokemon for the new DS game. I really like the older pokemon, but I think my current favorite in the game right now is my Talonflame. Geez, the graphics and whatnot in this new system is awesome! My girl's name is Felicity (I name basically all of my pokemon... don't know if that's the norm, but it makes them feel more personal to me haha) and I was pretty jazzed to learn t hat carrying her around with me while breeding would make my eggs hatch faster. Who knew.

Whelp.

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to meeting (and hopefully trading) with you guys :)

I'll have to update my profile thing with my 3DS friend code and stuff. Is there anything bad that could come from making that available to anyone? Or does it not matter because you both have to have each others?

Last edited:
    Years
  • No there's nothing wrong with sharing your friend code, in fact we have a thread where you can do just that over in the XY section. Anyhow, welcome to the forums Jess!

We happened to have both started our Pokemon playing experience with Ruby for that matter, and now I'm getting my dose of the remakes with Alpha Sapphire. A bit contradicting but I grew to like Sapphire better over the years since playing so I wanted to do that when the remakes came around. If you're looking for somewhere to trade your Phione, we have the Quick Trades section in Trade Corner, which is a popular section itself so you'll definitely be around some people who can assist you.

Good luck with trading and hopefully you can explore the rest of the forums as well because there's so much to PC as a community. Enjoy your time here and I'm always up for a visitor message or two if you want to talk!

Years
  • Hey there! Hope you have fun with your time on PC, I myself have also enjoyed playing X and Y too. And here's to hoping you do too, if you hope to complete the Pokédex then we have people over at the Trade Corner who will be able to assist you in that matter. =) And if you ever want someone to talk to you can always message me! Hope to see you around.

Years
  • Hello! Welcome to PC! Nice intro btw!

I am a college student as well, going for a BA in Digital Media: Radio, TV, and Film. I graduate in May actually! Then its time to go out into the 'real world' ;-;

My first Pokemon game was Red Version all those years ago. Been a fan ever since. Played all the games, even all the spinoffs! Personal favorites are Heartgold and Soulsilver. I love the Johto region and love the your Pokemon can follow you around. I miss that! OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are my second favorites. Amazing remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. Pokemon X and Y were fun too, though. Be sure to check out the Pokemon Gaming section where you can chat about all the games! We also have a Trading section where you can trade with members :3

I hope to see you around! If you need help or anything do not hesitate to ask.

Years
  • Yeah, trading and battling has been so much easier now with the GTS and other wireless capabilities. Only took me a few weeks to complete the 'dex in X with over 700 Pokemon to collect so it's not difficult at all. Good luck! You'll find tons of things here. PC is just awesome.

That said, welcome, Jess. :D Talonflame's pretty awesome even if I'm not fond of its cry.. a little too loud and obnoxious for me lol. Otherwise I also have one on my team and love it tons. Gale Wings is an amazing hidden ability. Enjoy your time here and be sure to ask if you need anything, all right?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Hey, thanks for all of the warm welcomes!

I also miss that your pokemon could follow you around in HG/SS ... I had Soul Silver and that was one of my favorite aspects of the games. Maybe they'll make another 3ds one and incorporate that feature again? aha.

I've also been surprised by how easy it is to trade in the new 3ds games with the GTS system. I was able to have quite a few successful trades already and the "wonder trade" is pretty fun, too.

I'll definitely have to check out all the threads that everyone has mentioned: thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Awesome, thanks!

What do you play? My main instrument is clarinet, but I'm starting to explore piano/voice more =3

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    welcome to pc jess!
    it's nice to see a fellow clarinet play here and watcher of himym haha. have you finished the whole show yet? also i noticed you were into music, any groups in particular?

Years
  • Welcome to PC Jess!

It's not strange at ALL to name all your Pokemon. I do the same with mine!
    ... and I give them personalities... based off their natures and characteristics...
    It's... erm... it's not any weirder than giving my stuffed animals personalities or anything!

... Not that I DO that or anything. >.>

So yeah! If you ever feel like trading I would be more than happy to oblige. My friend code is 4570-7645-3644.
    I've got a Living Dex sitting in my Pokemon Bank, so let me know if you want anything bred like starters or rare Pokemon. :)

Back