• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Escape

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    So let's say that for whatever reason, your house's on fire. Maybe you tried to cook dinner again or a dumb friend happened. Regardless of how your house ended up in ash and smoke, you're now trapped inside with flames and smoke quickly filling the entire household. How do you make your escape and what do you take with you, if anything?

Sirfetch’d

With me it would be caused from a kitchen fire because I have already caused 2 before 8( The first thing I would do though is grab my dog and cats to make sure they are okay. I would set them out of the window that I had previously busted so they can run to safety. After that I would evaluate how much time I had left to gather things. I'd grab pictures, yearbooks, my phone, and my laptop first and toss it all outside. If I had anymore time I'd grab my video games and maybe a few collectibles around the house. Though really my photos are my priority because I have a ton from when I was a kid that I don't have saved on my computer =( I also have this little box of stuff that means a lot to me. Most if it is things my grandparents gave me that is useless but has too much sentimental value to let go up in flames :(

Years
  • I am Blaziken, no one can fry me.

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

If there was a fire in this house chances are it'd be an electrical fire originating from my bedroom and I wouldn't get out alive, aha. Even if it's a regular fire, I'd probably end up dying anyway as I'd immediately rush upstairs and try to save pretty much all of my worldy possessions. My bedroom window is too small to fit through, and even if I DID fit through it I'd probably break something on the way down.

In short? If there is a fire in the house, I'm screwed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've thought of an escape route should there be a fire or a murderer in my house at any location. In a fire I would take my phone and find my dog/cat. I'm assuming family members have already evacuated/aren't home in this scenario.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    If there was a fire I could easily crawl out any window in the house and be on ground level.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • i live in a 7 floor aprmnt, so id grab all of my harddrives (including ps3 harddrive), laptop, flashdrives, my cash, my phone, sharpening stone + knives, ipod, headset, tablet, nes and thundercat paintball gun, put em all in my pak and run down the stairs!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • If my flat caught fir my life would end. No matter how it happened there are too many things here that I would lose that would kill me. For example my computer that I built which is my baby. Really though, I would have to stick to two little cuddlies I've had since forever and they have way too much sentimental value to let them burn, and the letters from my sister. And also the necklace I've just fixed sporting an ivory elephant that was my nan's.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • It all depends on the location I'm in during the fire, and where the fire originated. All things considered, in my house, it's likeliest to start due to a screw-up in the kitchen or someone dropping a candle.

Let's just go with me being in my room, since that's where I am nearly 24/7, and someone messing up in the kitchen. Since I'm in my room, and everything that's worth anything to me resides in my room, I would probably take as much as I could probably carry. I have a backpack here, so I could fill it with my 3DS and all the video games, my mp3, some books, and maybe a few of my favorite shirts/hoodies. The real issue is escape; I'm on the second floor, and assuming the fire and smoke has already covered most of the first floor, my only option is to jump down a floor onto the first floor balcony, and then jump over the balcony once more to reach the backyard. From there I can just run around the house and I'm safe. But that is assuming I don't break too many bones in the fall.

Well, to make things easier, I can use pillows from my bed to cushion the fall. But that's pretty much all I can do; I don't have a rope in here or anything strong enough to create a makeshift rope with. As for my computer, I would save it if I could, but odds are it wouldn't survive a fall from the window. .-.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I would make sure my cat got outside as soon as possible. Then I'd get the hell outta there, without grabbing anything. I'd rather make sure I escape with my life rather than take the risk for some valuable trinkets.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My cat. While I would hate to lose things like my laptop, my ps3, etc etc none of that is more important than my cat's life. If I'm alone then the dog and the parakeets as well. Maaaybe my fish if I had enough time?? I love my fish okay. 8(

If I did have more time though I would try to save some of my belongings like my laptop and such but the other lives that live in this house would come first definitely.

Back