• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W2 Shiny Giratina

Years
  • As you all know the event of the shiny Giratina deadline was yesterday.
    Today I went into Gamestop and spoke with one of the employees asking about it.
    Then they told me that it was done yesterday. I then say: "Drats, Maybe next time...".
    After that, he tells me that he can run the Mystery Gift just for me.

Faith in humanity, Restored!
    Good guy Gamestop Employee ^_^

I am super stoked with my level 100 shiny event Giratina, can't wait for pokemon bank to launch so I can make the transfer:)

Did anyone else get their Shiny Giratina?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I got two Shiny Giratinas cause they are my favorite Legendary pokemon.

Lucky you! I couldn't agree more, Giratina is my favorite too ^^

Not really, but Palkia is just one of my favorite legendary Pokémon, so that I wanted to get more than one of. :P

xD If I get a Palkia, I'll make sure I forward it to you. Palkia is probably my least favorite legendary xD

Do I need to add something? =D

Anyways, congratulations, enjoy your Giratina =D

Thank you hehe. :3 <3
    Did you do any of the other shiny events?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I got 2 legendary Giratinas. I missed out on the Dialga and wish I can get one. Oh well, I'll just buy Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and get a normal Dialga.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wasn't able to get a hold of this Giratina, unfortunately. I was planning to, but just never got around to it, as other things kept me busy. I didn't totally need this Pokémon, anyway, because I had a shiny Giratina in my Black version already. It was given to me by my friend as some sort of a present. d: I absolutely have no idea how she's managed to get her hands on it, though. Didn't bother to ask her either. But if I had to guess, I'd say she was able to encounter it by soft resetting. She could've cheated, too, since she does have an Action Replay. The latter is a bit unlikely though, because when I look at its summary, this Pokémon seems to be quite legitimate—the location, the date of capture, the stats… all of it look pretty real.

Anyway, congrats on obtaining the Giratina! :) Most GameStop employees are nice, and do good things like that for their customers—making us keep coming back. I've once gotten into a conversation with a lady who worked there, and it lasted for almost an entire hour. Before leaving, she gave me a free ten-dollar discount. Haha.

Back