• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How would you finish this team?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2016
    Hi all,

First run through Black 2, and just making it through Nimbasa. I am planning how I'd like my team to look for the elite four and beyond, but can't decide how to finish it. Here's what I have so far:

Samurott
    Arcanine
    Lucario
    Zoroark
    Crobat (Or a Flying/Psychic type)
    ???

How would you finish this team? And also what kind of moves would you use?

Thank you!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I think an Electric-type would fit nicely. I don't think you need a Psychic type since you have Zoroark present and opposing Dark-types get shut down by Lucario. Which ever you go with should be fine as I don't think there is a wrong answer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2016
    I think an Electric-type would fit nicely. I don't think you need a Psychic type since you have Zoroark present and opposing Dark-types get shut down by Lucario. Which ever you go with should be fine as I don't think there is a wrong answer.

The idea of having a flying/psychic type was to steamroll the fighting type e4 member. However, I may just get something closer to the time specifically for that one

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hello RubberDucky! I agree with Hikari - an electric type could really balance out your weaknesses. Zebstrika would be good, if you make sure you get a Lightning Rod one you'll have no problems as it's fast already and can take those electric attacks (and gain in its own stats) for your first and fifth Pokémon. :)

As for Crobat... you could always go with Swoobat? Fast, strong and Unaware is a pretty good ability.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    You could do jolteon tbh or magnezone they are both nice
    or you could go for a nuzleaf if you have one

Years
  • Since the others seem to be suggesting Electric-types, another good one is Galvantula. Joltik are a common encounter in Chargestone Cave and if you can get one with Compound Eyes you can benefit from 91% accurate Thunder and it's just a well-rounded good Pokemon to cover your Bug or Electric slot.

Tynamo is found in the same place, but extremely rare. However it evolves into another great option in Eelektross, which all you need is a Thunder Stone to evolve with. As Eelektross it can learn a ton of TMs and Move Tutors moves, including ones you wouldn't expect it could get.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    A druddigon wearing a rocky helmet will do 1/4 hp damage whenever a pokemon uses a physical attack. Put rock slide on to add some move ballance to your team and your good ^^. Its just a fun pokemon.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • For Electric types, either get Eelektross or Jolteon. Even Ampharos does a good job, but i imagine you don't want to backtrack all the way to Flocessy Ranch to get a Mareep. I say, get Eelektross. Sure, its molasses speed cripples it just a little bit, but the variety is insane, so it's impossible to just pick one set. I'd say arm it with Wild Charge/Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Acrobatics/Crunch, and Dragon Claw.

You should stick to Crobat, since he's the fastest member of your team and can also land good damage with excellent moves and annoy the opponent with Confuse Ray.

Lucario and Zoroark on the same team are forces to be reckoned with. You should definitely keep those two, since they're both mixed sweepers.

You should only evolve Growlithe (i'm assuming you still have a Growlithe) after level 45. Your moveset should be Flare Blitz, Outrage, Crunch and some other move by then. Or you could always evolve it at Level 34 and gain access to ExtremeSpeed, which can also be learned via Move Reminder.

I don't really know if you'll use a dragon, since dragons are mainly Physically attacking beasts and you already have two pretty strong mixed sweepers. But if you do, i'd suggest get Haxorus, Flygon, Druddigon or Hydreigon. Haxorus has the biggest Attack stat of them all, towering in a mindblowing 147 base stat. Flygon is probably the least recommended since it's extremely underpowered but can pack a good punch if you use it right. Druddigon is the tanky dragon that can also deal some pretty good damage. Hydreigon's the resilient special attacker that can learn moves that cover nearly all of its weaknesses.

I see why you're not planning to have a Grass type. All the types that Grass is super effective on (Rock, Ground, Water) can be easily countered by a Water type (Rock, Ground) and an Electric type (Water).

Anyways, that's it. Hope i helped!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2016
    Thank you for the responses everyone! I've been away so haven't really been playing (or at least I have when I haven't had a good connection), but wish I'd seen some of these responses earlier.

This is my current team:
    Arcanine - level 28 (see below)
    Dewott - level 27
    Sandslash - level 28
    Lucario - level 27
    Zubat - level 18
    Zoroark - level 31

I think I'm going to go back and get another Growlithe, I messed up by evolving him early as I didn't realise I couldn't learn Outrage. I've just done the Driftveil City gym so I was thinking about trying to train everything up to 30 then moving on.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Looking good! Don't forget to prioritise getting Zubat evolved - it's easily the weakest link and you're likely to forget about it unless you work on it early.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2016
    Looking good! Don't forget to prioritise getting Zubat evolved - it's easily the weakest link and you're likely to forget about it unless you work on it early.

I have done :) This is how I'm looking now, having just done Mistralton City Gym.

Growlithe - Level 27
    Tynamo - Level 35
    Crobat - Level 26
    Lucario - Level 31
    Dewott - Level 32
    Zoroark - Level 36

So I do still have some serious training to do but I'm getting there

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think you have a really solid team there! Lucario and Zoroark are really awesome to use in BW, and Arcanine is of course a classic. Eelektross will be really useful because of how it has no weaknesses. Tell us how it goes?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2016
    I think you have a really solid team there! Lucario and Zoroark are really awesome to use in BW, and Arcanine is of course a classic. Eelektross will be really useful because of how it has no weaknesses. Tell us how it goes?

I will do, struggling a little at the minute though as it feels a bit of a grind getting my pokemon to the level I want them

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    growlithe is a grind until you evolve him. I remember having to use a growlithe to fight the elite 4 in Gold. It was not a golden moment. Arcanine.

Back