• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers: Fire-type Pokémon Club

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    Welcome! Owning a Blaziken and having the Blazikenite, well, let's just say people wouldn't want to mess with you anymore. Blaziken is an absolute beast.
    Thanks, Blaziken is totally a beast. Fire types are beast.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Blaziken has enough strength, I believe, to carry people up to three-times its weight. That's pretty cool, isn't it? Judging from anime, it could also jump pretty high while you're still in its arms. If you ask me, that would be something very fun to experience!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • It'd probably be a Charizard X because not only is he a total beast dragon to have to defend your home but you can also fly to places for free instead of waiting in line for your flight, paying for your flight, or getting stuck in traffic. Plus, all of your friends would be so jealous that you have an awesome pokemon like him. If someone tries to hurt or beat you up, Charizard X will take care of it for you.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Ya know, that's pretty fantastic. My co-workers and I always talk about how we're gonna get a helicopter so we can avoid the traffic going into work, but having a Charizard would totally fix that problem.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I guess you could take an Arcanine places a car couldn't go, that's true. I thought only Ash became BBQ, am I mistaken?

New topic to go along with the current events of the day:

What do you think of Primal Groudon and it's new Fire-typing?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Is it getting a mega-evolution? Fire/Ground isn't a terrible combination. Hopefully it'll be able to take at least one water attack.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It's not called a Mega Evolution, although I'm not exactly what Primal means or how it obtains that form. I like it because I think Groudon being a Fire-type is VERY fitting, and I'm curious to see exactly what the Primal form entails for both Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What do you think of Primal Groudon and it's new Fire-typing?
    There isn't much change design-wise (maybe I'm just looking at the wrong picture?), but it's going to get stats boost, though, or so I've heard, and I'm really looking forward to that. It's banned to Ubers, I know, but it's definitely going to be more easy to utilize, so that's all it matters. Plus, with its new fire-typing, it gets STAB in all fire moves, so that's great!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • It's not called a Mega Evolution, although I'm not exactly what Primal means or how it obtains that form. I like it because I think Groudon being a Fire-type is VERY fitting, and I'm curious to see exactly what the Primal form entails for both Pokémon.
    Maybe it's a fusion thing, like the B/W legends? Perhaps Groudon and Kyogre have to eat the other in order to become primal :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Eat the other? That's a new concept to me :P I wouldn't think fusion only because I get the feeling they'd be in Primal form while battling each other. Just my opinion though.

DynalMaestro

Eater Of Worlds
    Years
  • Name: DynalMaestro (Wiil be DynalGamr on July 2)
    Partners:Talonflame and Houndoom
    Reason For Liking Fire-Types: Fire is my favorite type in Pokemon because I prefer Attack and Special Attack over Defence/Speed/Special Defence.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Maybe it's a fusion thing, like the B/W legends? Perhaps Groudon and Kyogre have to eat the other in order to become primal :)

Don't they have to fuse with other Pokémon in order to become primal? I could be wrong, though. xD" Also, welcome to the club, Dynal!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: DynalMaestro (Wiil be DynalGamr on July 2)
    Partners:Talonflame and Houndoom
    Reason For Liking Fire-Types: Fire is my favorite type in Pokemon because I prefer Attack and Special Attack over Defence/Speed/Special Defence.

Welcome! I agree, I prefer offense over defense for sure most of the time, but why isn't Speed included? I like fast Pokémon a lot too.

As for this whole Primal thing, where exactly did it say it's a fusion?

DynalMaestro

Eater Of Worlds
    Years
  • Welcome! I agree, I prefer offense over defense for sure most of the time, but why isn't Speed included? I like fast Pokémon a lot too.

As for this whole Primal thing, where exactly did it say it's a fusion?

I like Speed a lot too but I would choose Attack over it since even if A Pokemon has low Speed but high Attack, I would use it as even if the Pokemon goes last, the high Attack/Special Attack would make the move do very good damage.

And for Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre being fusions, I can't really imagine that happening and if they did fuse, wouldn't they're types be Ground/Water or Fire/ Water for Groudon and Water/Ground for Kyogre?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I doubt it's going to be a fusion. Serebii says "These Pokémon seem to work in a similar manner to Mega Evolution through a process called Primal Reversion" which doesn't sound like fusion at all.

Maybe you'll have to turn your 3DS upside down

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, that could work! Though, there's supposed to be some item to boost their power so that they could actually achieve their primal form; I wonder what that could be? For Groudon and Kyogre, maybe it's Red and Blue Orbs, but what about others?

FifePokemon

AlShao
    Years
  • Name: FifePokemon
    Two Fire Types: Magmar and Typhlosion
    Reason for liking: I guess it dates back to the fact that i chose Cyndaquil as my first ever Pokemon years ago on the original Pokemon Gold
    Thoughts on Primal Groudon: The design looks great and i'm looking forward to seeing its finalised move-set, hopefully the 3D gameplay does Primal Groudon justice!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: FifePokemon
    Two Fire Types: Magmar and Typhlosion
    Reason for liking: I guess it dates back to the fact that i chose Cyndaquil as my first ever Pokemon years ago on the original Pokemon Gold
    Thoughts on Primal Groudon: The design looks great and i'm looking forward to seeing its finalised move-set, hopefully the 3D gameplay does Primal Groudon justice!

Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing everything in Hoenn in 3D, including Groudon vs. Kyogre. I'm interested to see how they achieve Primal form. This sounds like it's going to be epic to say the least.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Making Groudon a fire type finally gives him some justice, especially considering that before he could do plenty of fire moves without being a fire type. Although I'm very happy that Groudon is a fire type, what makes me frown is his ground side. Don't get me wrong, I love ground types and fire types, but I will never put the two together. It's already bad enough fire's weak to water so why make him even more vulnerable to it? Hopefully he can either take some hits or somebody can use a drought/sunny day to weaken water more. Can't wait for ORAS!

Back