• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Tiles Problem

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Well, I did it. I attempted to replaces tiles! Guess what, it didn't turn out so well. I did the usual steps, copy public tiles, use irfanview to decrease color depth, use tilehelperadvance, and then insert them into Advance Map 1.92.

It didn't work. And yes, I did save the .pal from tilehelperadvance to Advance Map 1.92 pal.

Tiles Problem

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I did it. I attempted to replaces tiles! Guess what, it didn't turn out so well. I did the usual steps, copy public tiles, use irfanview to decrease color depth, use tilehelperadvance, and then insert them into Advance Map 1.92.

It didn't work. And yes, I did save the .pal from tilehelperadvance to Advance Map 1.92 pal.

Tiles Problem

When using TileHelperAdvance, you should save a new image and the new palette for 1.92 Advance map like you said. Are you sure that you imported the NEW Image that you saved from TileHelperAdvance?
    That's the only thing it should be, when something like this happens to me, I just doing the whole process more careful, and It's ok.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    When using TileHelperAdvance, you should save a new image and the new palette for 1.92 Advance map like you said. Are you sure that you imported the NEW Image that you saved from TileHelperAdvance?
    That's the only thing it should be, when something like this happens to me, I just doing the whole process more careful, and It's ok.

I did what you said, I re-did it carefully. Still didn't work. What I did was, copy the images from the new png that came from tilehelperadvance and paste it into tileset0 that came from the game/advance map.

Years
  • I did what you said, I re-did it carefully. Still didn't work. What I did was, copy the images from the new png that came from tilehelperadvance and paste it into tileset0 that came from the game/advance map.

Hmmm, did you load a wrong palette maybe? I don't know what are you doing wrong....
    My steps are: 1. Find tiles
    2. Save them.
    3. Open TileHelperAdvance and save the image and the palette.
    4. Load current palette from file in Advance map
    5. Save Tileset
    6.Edit the tileset with paint.
    7. Load the new Tileset.
    I really don't know what are you doing wrong. This works for me perfectly.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Apparently, adding it to Tileset 2 works. But why doesn't it work when replacing tiles at Tileset 1?

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    Apparently, adding it to Tileset 2 works. But why doesn't it work when replacing tiles at Tileset 1?

What problem occurs when importing at tileset 1?...Same color problem like that pic....if that is case then have u selected palettes index from 1-6 or 7-12?
    Palettes 1-6 is for tileset of the first slot...And 7-12 for the secondary tileset.
    So,when importing u should select appropriate palette index..

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    I used Palette 1 of course because I was trying to replace the nature tiles. But the problem in the thread above.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Nevermind, I fixed the problem. I forgot one crucial step, I was inserting the tiles in the default palette. I then tried to save the tileset with the palette that I made. It worked!

Thanks everyone!

Back