• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team! (not completed)

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]My team is still has 1 more spot left but heres what I have so far!

Alakazam/Mana
    Inner Focus (not that great)
    Rash
    Ghost Gem (working on getting a Toxic or Flame orb)
    Psychic
    Focus Blast
    Trick
    Shadow Ball (should I replace with Energy Ball or replace trick with Energy Ball?)

Scrafty/Denim
    Shed Skin
    Impish
    Rocky Helmet
    Hi Jump Kick (somewhat reliable but can ruin Scrafty if it misses)
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Taunt

Krookodile/Rambo
    Intimidate
    Lonely
    Lum Berry (most likely to be replaced by a Life Orb)
    Outrage
    Foul Play
    Earthquake
    Swagger

(In case you dont see why i have swagger, its because the higher attack stat your target has, the more damage Foul Play does)

Darmanitan/Chewy
    Sheer Force
    Jolly
    Razor Claw (working on Life Orb)
    Fire Punch
    Belly Drum (most likely needs to be replaced
    Flare Blitz
    Hammer Arm (any better Fighting type moves?)

Milotic/Midknight
    Marvel Scale
    Gentle
    Flame Orb
    Recover
    Aqua Ring (to counter some of the burn)
    Surf (replace with Hydro Pump?)
    Ice Beam

As for my last pokemon, I was thinking of getting a Blissey but I cant find one in White Forest. Either Blissey or a Baton Passer.

If theres anything else you need to know about them, let me know![/SIZE]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uh while Plat will cover the rest just quickly going to say flame/toxic orb is useless on alakaxam because it doesn't have guts doesn't use facade etc. in fact without magic guard you lose HP for no reason whatsoever so instead go for life orb to boost your stats without pain if you were to get magic guard while non magic can still be of use with LO.

Also swagger on Krook is bad because intimidate lowers the attack stat anyways :( aand crunch is more reliable /from a glance on phone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Alakazam is better off with Choice Specs/Choice Scarf as its item and Magic Guard as its ability. It's also better with Timid, since its Speed is one of its biggest selling points. And keep Shadow Ball.

Scrafty is better off with a Bulk up set. If it's running Hi Jump Kick, it should use Dragon Dance, since using HJK on a defensive set screams suicide:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Crunch
    -Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
    -Ice Punch/Drain Punch/Taunt
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie

or
    -Bulk Up
    -Drain Punch
    -Crunch/Dragon Tail
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/8 Atk/248 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Shed Skin

(you'll have to breed for both of those sets)

While Swagger + Foul Play is an interesting combo on Krookodile, it's highly unreliable because there's a chance that your opponent can take you down with their boosted Attack if they're physically inclined. You're better off with a Bulk Up set:
    -Bulk Up
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge/Taunt
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 156 HP/252 Atk/100 Spe

Belly Drum is way too suicidal given Darmanitan's poor defenses. You're also not making the most out of its very good physical movepool because while Fire/Fighting has decent coverage, it's stopped by Dragonite, Salamence, Lati@s and Jellicent. You're better off with this for the best coverage that Darmanitan can possibly have:
    -Flare Blitz
    -U-turn
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force

Milotic's stats lean towards the defensive side. This set shows Milotic's defensive potential; While Flame Orb does activate Marvel Scale, the self-induced burn whittles down at Milotic's health:
    -Scald
    -Recover
    -Ice Beam
    -Dragon Tail/Haze/Toxic
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
    Ability: Marvel Scale

As for your 6th slot, try out Mienshao as a Baton Passer. However, it can only learn the move by breeding:
    -Substitute
    -Baton Pass
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/32 SAtk/224 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]
    Forever:7171506 said:
    Uh while Plat will cover the rest just quickly going to say flame/toxic orb is useless on alakaxam because it doesn't have guts doesn't use facade etc. in fact without magic guard you lose HP for no reason whatsoever so instead go for life orb to boost your stats without pain if you were to get magic guard while non magic can still be of use with LO.

Also swagger on Krook is bad because intimidate lowers the attack stat anyways :( aand crunch is more reliable /from a glance on phone

Ok so Life Orb on Alakazam too? As for Krook, is Crunch the best dark type move it learns?[/SIZE]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]

Ok so Life Orb on Alakazam too? As for Krook, is Crunch the best dark type move it learns?[/SIZE]

You could consider that, but since Alakazam is using Trick, use Choice Specs or Choice Scarf like I said. Only use Life Orb if you're using Calm Mind.

And yes, Crunch is Krookodile's most reliable Dark STAB.

Years
  • Since PlatinumDude has covered everyone but Alakazam, I shall give you the full set it requires:

Timid nature
    Life Orb / Focus Sash
    Magic Guard*
    EVs: 4 Defense, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

This is one of the recommended sets for Alakazam. Calm Mind buffs up your Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. Psychic serves for your main STAB, although Psyshock can be considered if you need a Blissey counter. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast provide additional coverage against anything weak to Ghost and Fighting.

For the ability, Magic Guard is recommended but unfortunately the Dream World is undergoing maintenance and a revamp for Black 2 & White 2 so you'll just have to do with Inner Focus for now but come June 21st, check on the Dream World so that you can get one with Magic Guard.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Is this a competitive team? I notice you don't have any EVs listed.

Anyway, instead of changing Milotic's set change the moveset to Sleep Talk / Rest / Scald / Ice Beam. You also generally don't want a -Def nature since Milotic could use that Defense, so maybe try Calm (+SpDef -Atk)

Back