• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
Yes, special 0x0 heals your Pokemon. I would suggest reading diego's scripting tutorial before trying to script.
oh ive read over it a couple of times already and thats how i learned to do a couple of things alone but i learn more by doing it my self

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2010
i made a script for pokemon paradise can anyone help casue it freezes every time you talk to them

#org $start
lockall
faceplayer
Trainerbattle 0 0x252 $before $after $aftertalk
Boxset 6
Release
end
#org $before
$before 1 =[PLAYER] This guy want my dad\pTeam Nature: Go away kid i dont need you\p come on [PLAYER] you can beat him /p please you cant defeat me!

#org $after
$after 1 = These pokemon i stole are useless...

#org $aftertalk
$aftertalk 1 = yer you showed him\p i better report to the boss $nature

#org $nature
applymovement 0x16 $move
pausemove 0x0000
fadescreen 1
removesprite 16
setflag 0x1200
pause 0x16
fadescreen 0
message $run
$run 1 = I better tell my dad what happend
applymovement 0x02 $move2
pausemove 0x0000
fadescreen 1
removesprite 2
setflag 0x1201
pause 0x02
fadescreen 0
release
end
#org $move
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0x38
#raw 0xFE

#org $move2
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0x35
#raw 0xFE

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years
Looks like you're still using pokescript. My advice is to switch over to XSE ASAP! but as for your script the thing that jumped out at me was the

#org $aftertalk
$aftertalk 1 = yer you showed him\p i better report to the boss $nature

I think (It's been a while since I used pokescript) it will work if you use

#org $aftertalk
message $saythis
boxset 6
goto $nature
end

#org $saythis
$saythis 1 = yer you showed him\p i better report to the boss

Like I said i'm a little rusty with Pokescript but I'm pretty sure this is how it should look. Anyone else please feel encouraged to correct any mistakes I made.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
So I'm muddling through scripting, and I've hit a snag. I want the script to run as you enter your rival's house for the first time, but putting it on the warp only activates it as you leave.

This is alright with me, as I'm more interested in why it's running twice even with the proper flags set.

This is what I have so far:

#org 0x8740A71
'-----------------------------------
lock
checkflag 0x1000
if true jump 0x8740B77 ' Flag is set
msgbox 0x8740A8F ' \v\h06:Hey \v\h01! I...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
release
applymovement 0x1 0x8740B79 ' walk_down walk_down ...
setflag 0x1000
end

#org 0x8740B77
release
end

#org 0x8740A8F
= \v\h06:Hey \v\h01! I finally decided.\nI'm outta here!\pYou can tag along\nif you like. I'm going\pto pester Mr. Boone\nfor a pokemon, and then\pI'm off to see the world.\nYou should do the same.\pUnless you LIKE squatting\nin an abandoned house...

#org 0x8740B79
M walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left walk_down walk_down walk_down end

The problem with this is that though the script runs correctly when you step on the tile to leave, if you immediately head back into the room and approach it from the east or west sides it runs the dialogue again.

X=the script tile:

V
X

Approaching it here, the script runs fine. Then if you approach the tile like this:

>X

Or X<

It runs the script again, despite the flag being set.

Any thoughts?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
So I'm muddling through scripting, and I've hit a snag. I want the script to run as you enter your rival's house for the first time, but putting it on the warp only activates it as you leave.

This is alright with me, as I'm more interested in why it's running twice even with the proper flags set.

This is what I have so far:

#org 0x8740A71
lock
checkflag 0x1000
if true jump 0x8740B77 ' Flag is set
msgbox 0x8740A8F ' \v\h06:Hey \v\h01! I...
callstd MSG_LOCK ' Built-in lock command
release
applymovement 0x1 0x8740B79 ' walk_down walk_down ...
setflag 0x1000
end

#org 0x8740B77
release
end

#org 0x8740A8F
= \v\h06:Hey \v\h01! I finally decided.\nI'm outta here!\pYou can tag along\nif you like. I'm going\pto pester Mr. Boone\nfor a pokemon, and then\pI'm off to see the world.\nYou should do the same.\pUnless you LIKE squatting\nin an abandoned house...

#org 0x8740B79
M walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left walk_down walk_down walk_down end

The problem with this is that though the script runs correctly when you step on the tile to leave, if you immediately head back into the room and approach it from the east or west sides it runs the dialogue again.

X=the script tile:

V
X

Approaching it here, the script runs fine. Then if you approach the tile like this:

>X

Or X<

It runs the script again, despite the flag being set.

Any thoughts?
You need a level script. :)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Thanks a ton, I'm looking at the level script tutorial now.

I assume that level scripts are also what make dressers and mirrors and things interactive? Or is that more in tile behavior's ballpark?
Yep, that has to do with the tile behaviors. You can edit them via A-Text, though.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Right, so I searched, but didn't find the answer. How can I edit the introduction text (both the "how to play" and "oaks intro") in firered? I can't get advancetext to work.

Edit: Also, how do I create custom items?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Ahhh You did not search enough -_- There is a hex tutorial by fan king and I have answered this question count less times. Here is the short version. Find the string of text, decomplie it, edit it, compile it.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Ahhh You did not search enough -_- There is a hex tutorial by fan king and I have answered this question count less times. Here is the short version. Find the string of text, decomplie it, edit it, compile it.
I searched again, including posts made by you. Nothing.

Is this the tutorial you're referring to? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189143&highlight=hex

If so, that doesn't answer my question. Isn't there an easier way? Like with XSE? I've even searched through a fire red script dump, and I STILL can't find it.

EDIT: Sigh, nevermind. I didn't look in the Simply Questions thread, and I was able to get AdvanceMap to work. Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited:

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
Follow Me (Advanced Version)

I'm trying to build a script where an overworld follows the player throughout the map. So far, it is working, except for the fact that the player cannot interact with ANYTHING, so, in other words, the player can walk through walls, not read signs/talk to people or even use warps. Another bug in the script is that all animations (flowers/sea/etc) do not play until you move. Also, you cannot open the start menu, and I assume if you have registered an item to select it won't activate, as nothing else works, but I haven't tested this. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this up please do so!

Game: FireRed (U)
Type: Level Script (Script type 2 in AMap. Flag is 7001)
Script Editor: XSE
Script: (EDIT: Almost forgot to Add: Uses JPan's Fire Red Hacked Engine!)
Spoiler:

Media (Video):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Can someone tell me if this is a correct yes no script? Thanks so much
#dynamic 0x######

#org @yesno
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @message
msgbox @yesno 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yes
if 0x0 goto @no
release

end
#org @message
= Do you want me /pto take you to /p LYNDONVILLE?

#org @yes
= Ok Lets Go!

#org @no
= Ok then.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
here are the corrections if that's what you are asking.
#dynamic 0x700000

#org @yesno
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @message 0x6
msgbox @yesno 0x5
compare LASTRESULT
if 0x1 goto @yes
compare LASTRESULT
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end

#org @yes
msgbox @myes 0x6
release
end

#org @no
msgbox @mno 0x6
release
end

#org @message
= Do you want me /pto take you to /p LYNDONVILLE?

#org @myes
= Ok Lets Go!

#org @mno
= Ok then.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
What is compare LASTRESULT?
And where did this come in
#org @yes
msgbox @myes 0x6
release
end

#org @no
msgbox @mno 0x6
release
end

Every tutorial I've seen says nothing about that.
I'm not saying your wrong or anything lol I was just wondering cause its kinda weird

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
compare LAST RESULT(xse dose not use spaces)
it compares the last result :P it compares what the player chose from the yes/no message.
You can't just point a yes or no to a message string(I might be wrong I never tried it) I always point it to a script string.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Maybe you all can help me with a problem I am having.
Its a map script that is supposed to make the player walk behind the rival. The rival is arguing with a jerk and sends out his Bagon. The Bagon then smacks the jerks Spearow and the spearrow flies off screen. The jerk soon chases after the spearow. Then the rival returns his pokemon and walks off screen. But when it's done the player can't move. I don't know why. please help
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2010
You know with every step forward I keep falling 20 steps back. I can't find a good move camera tutorial on this site... and everytime I attempt to move the camera. The game crashes. Using XSE:

Spoiler:

I'm beginning to go crazy trying to figure out the small mistakes that causes ULTIMATE FAILURE ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back