• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LEGO Worlds

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    Has anyone else played LEGO's "Minecraft killer" yet? Just this past month it was released in early access, and so far, despite it's EA status, I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Essentially, this game is made out of all the sugar that glued your childhood together. Taking part in a massive LEGO world with unlimited bricks for building? Yes please. Some may dismiss this as Minecraft with LEGO, but I beg to differ; I was one of the few that disliked Minecraft and its building mechanics (giant, clunky, square blocks aren't my choice in building material).

Going back to its status as an early access game, there's still some odd bugs and lack of fully fleshed features yet, such as vehicle building. In spite of that, I still managed to build myself a little LEGO town and relive my 9 year old life again. However, in regards to its obvious and inherent rivalry with Minecraft, it's still far from being the "Minecraft killer" the devs are hoping to create. Without scripting, multiplayer, and the like, it's got a long way to go until it offers the same and more features that Minecraft already has.

In short, I'm very glad this game exists. It's finally a game actually about LEGO, not movie tie-ins and bullshit. I didn't think TT had it in them to deviate from their sequilitis-induced movie games. In other words, the first proper LEGO game released in years... Since Creator, Loco, etc.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I'm not into Early Access stuff, but I am very curious about this. What do they have so far, just aimless building? That's not bad to start with, I guess.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I saw it on Steam a few days ago, I wasn't really sure what it was about, now I see it's really similar to Minecraft (visually).

Well actually Minecraft would be similar to LEGO, but you get what I mean.

Sounds fun, but I'm not very fond of Early Access games, I will give it a try as soon as it's on the next development stage.

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    I'm not into Early Access stuff, but I am very curious about this. What do they have so far, just aimless building? That's not bad to start with, I guess.

There's exploration elements, such as finding new characters to play as and weapons to use scattered throughout the game world. Other than that, it's focused mostly on building for now.

aperrentis

Degreaser politics
    Years
  • I've had this for about a month now. I've played it a few times, sometimes my laptop randomly shuts down when playing but that's the laptop's fault really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Definitely has potential, it really has a lot for an early access game. Just needs more brick options and (anticipated) multiplayer.
    I expect multiplayer to be the first major update actually.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    In short, I'm very glad this game exists. It's finally a game actually about LEGO, not movie tie-ins and bullshit.
    LEGO Worlds

This game's amazing though.

Back