• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Lost

The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero

The Dragoness Artist
Years
  • WARNINGS: Future chapters, starting chapter 3, will be rated PG because of the themes. Nothing too serious, but not suited for little kids. Appropriate warnings will be posted for each chapters, if any.

Chapter One: Meet the Team
    "Dungeons are mysterious and dangerous places, changing the layout every time you enter. But this…this dungeon is different… I… I don't know why, but there's something different about this place…"
    – Vernicy the Sceptile, from the few remains of text of his journal 5,000 years ago.​

"Trenton! We need some help!" Conway, a Buizel, shouted as he dodged another swing from the outlaw Tentacruel's arms.

"I'm a bit busy myself!" Trenton the Cubone retorted as he was clutching his bone, as he tried his best to keep the bone in the Mightyena's mouth.

Trenton grunted as he tried pushing the Mightyena back. He began to groan as he continued his effort while the wolf tried to crush the bone in its mouth. Realizing that he was wasting time, he stepped back, surprised the Mightyena and it let go of the bone. When it was freed, he reeled his arm before he swung his weapon on the dog's head.

Immediately, the canine fainted and fell to the ground from the force. With the Mightyena out of the way, Trenton turned around to see the status on his teammates. In the distance, he saw the Tentacruel outlaw they were trying to capture was fighting well against four of his teammates, swinging its many arms. It swung once again, but missed his Taillow friend Larea.

The Tentacruel grunted in irritation when it missed its target. Trenton decided he's seen enough and rushed to his friends. The Tentacruel, and his friends for that matter, continued to fight each other, too focused as Trenton neared them. Trenton readied his club to try Larea's new combination that she formulized would work against the giant octopus.

As he drew closer, he gathered energy into his club, and readied his body for a throw. Then, he shouted, "Rihanna, triple type melee!"

Rihanna, a Braxien, who was charging an attack through her twig, was surprised when Trenton called out and looked to where he called, but then put up a stern face. "All right!" she shouted before looking to Ransei, the Dewott to her left. "Ransei! Triple type melee!"

Ransei, who was also in the middle of an attack, stopped what he did before he nodded. Quickly, Rihanna ignited flames around her twig wand and threw it at the Tentacruel, and then breathed out flames towards it as well. At the same time, Ransei made his scalchops be surrounded in water before he threw it and spewed a column of water at the octopus. And finally, Trenton focused as much energy as he could into his club and threw it skillfully at the Tentacruel's head.

The Tentacruel, who was distracted by Larea, was hit smack dab at the back of its head, screaming in pure agony from the three elements hitting his non-existent skull. It stood there, its eyes still bulging from the impact, and smoke coming from behind his head. Trenton's teammates stared at him in tense silence, unsure if the Tentacruel was pretending or not.

But the answer was clear when the invertebrate fell forward, causing a small tremor from its size. Trenton continued to stare at it until a chill ran down his spine and wind blew against his face. He knew that feeling, the feeling of some unseen force going through you, the feeling you get when the dungeon is beginning its process to kick you out. So, without so much as a word, he took the badge from the bag he was carrying and teleported them out of the dungeon.

……..

A pop sound was heard when everything rematerialized around him and his friends. Because his friends received little warning, they stumbled somewhat before they regained their balance. However, one couldn't help but make fun of it.

"Seriously Trenton, I know you hate dungeons but you could at least give us a warning every now and then," Conway said in jest.

Trenton sighed. He knew Conway had a point, but it wasn't his fault he felt like he's being hunted down by some demon when in dungeons. Ever since… Trenton shuddered at the repressed memory. "All right, next time, I'll just shout, 'I'm getting us out of here!'" he replied with a mock shout in the last bit as he walked toward their fainted prisoner. "Now how about let's take him back to base and get him locked up."

His friends chuckled as they made their way to pick up the outlaw, except for one: Ransei, who just wore his usual stern face, but it was somewhat relaxed from exhaustion. They then got ropes from Trenton's satchel and tied them on the tentacles of the invertebrate. When Trenton was satisfied that they wouldn't be easily untied, he told his friends to stop and to carry it.

After two straight hours of lifting, tripping, stopping, and lifting again, they arrived at the edge of town where there was a Porygon waiting there. When they were near the Porygon, they placed the octopus down and then the polygon duck went near the octopus. It looked at the thing feverishly before turning to Trenton.

"We thank you for apprehending the outlaw, Shamus, for his crimes. Your reward will be sent to the PTM building and the outlaw will be sent to the prison before his trial," it droned in a surprisingly feminine voice, which made Conway chuckle, before bowing its head. "Have a nice day."

It turned around to leave just as four Magneton came. The magnets created a triangular barrier around the Tentacruel and carried it off to the prison building, out of the team's sight. After a few seconds, Conway started to chuckle louder, which made everyone look at him.

"I'm serious guys, I really think Porygon were made by humans as that sounded so much like those machine things in Polygon City…" he managed to say through his laughing.

Trenton rolled his eyes before he walked into Cerberus Town, their home, with his friends following him. Trenton couldn't help but note his home's surroundings despite its simple layout and design, with a few streets all leading to the center. The houses were the same as usual; just simple, square, wooden buildings that were different in color and sizes depending on the residents inhabiting it and who will go in.

Trenton was in no rush in getting to base since it was close to where they entered from the south, mostly because he liked to take a look around his adopted home, ever since the disaster that was the destruction of his old home. The house of Auntie Kayga there, the stall of former Protector Jaeger, and his favorite view, a bronze statue of Cerna the Mightyena in the center of town, the founder of the place.

Trenton stopped before the statue and gazed to its eyes which forever pointed south. His teammates stopped right beside and looked at him, used to this as he does this every chance he gets, but unfortunately, one of his members wasn't in a good mood.

"May we return to our quarters before the sun sets, Trenton? I am very tired…" Ransei asked as politely as he could, but failed.

Trenton looked at Ransei before gazed back at the statue. He sighed. I guess I won't be doing that today… Trenton thought before he turned to his teammates. "All right; might as well…" he answered.

Trenton motioned for the group to come and then they went on. They continued to walk north until they arrived at a building where the words "Protection Team Management, Cerberus Branch" inscribed on a board above the doorway. The five went inside. The building was made of ruddy colored stone instead of wood because of the variety of Pokémon that came in. The lobby inside was spacious and at the moment, only a few Pokémon roamed around.

The group went to the reception desk where a Grumpig was scratching its head as it tried to figure out the odd looking box in front of it. It pressed something on a board that was in front of the box. Trenton and friends stopped before the desk. A few seconds passed, and the Grumpig continued pressing the board. Trenton then cleared his throat, which caught the Grumpig's attention.

"Oh, sorry I didn't notice you, uh… I'm having a hard time filling in for Creesa…" the Grumpig began before reached under the desk and brought out a bag of coins. "Here's the bounty on that outlaw…"

Larea fluttered to the desk and perched. "Have trouble with com-pu-ter?" she asked.

The Grumpig looked to the bird. "Yeah. Can't figure out how the stupid thing works…"

"Well, me can try to help with it," Larea suggested.

"Thanks, but don't you remember? You're on R and R starting tomorrow," the boar stated cheerfully. The group all stared at the pig incredulously. Each said their own versions of "What?" in response, excluding Trenton. "Sorry, but I gotta get these reports to Cepel before he chews another pencil." The Grumpig went off with a pile of papers and left the group to themselves.

Trenton smiled under his skull as the group all stared at him bewildered.

"It isn't that holiday the humans made called 'April Fool's Day' today, right?" Conway asked first.

"Well, you guys have been complaining about the rough month so I thought we could use a break. Besides, remember Team Tremble?" Trenton began.

"You mean the Sneasel, Shinx, and Bulbasaur that you have spoken about?" Ransei inquired.

Rihanna smiled and clapped giddily. "Let me guess! They've invited us to visit them on our R and R?"

Trenton nodded. "Yeah, they said we can stay at their place while we're in Jan Town."

"Are we bring Ran-sei too?" The sentence Larea uttered caused everyone to turn to her. She looked to each face, confused. "What? Some-thing wrong?"

"Of course we're gonna have Ransei tag along! What makes you think he's gonna stay here?" Conway argued annoyed.

Larea stared straight at Ransei. "He does not know Team Tremble. And he is temporary, is not he?" she countered.

All of Team Memories looked to Ransei uneasily.

"Well… That's why we should bring him along. Because he doesn't know them," Conway said, somewhat unsurely.

"Okay, okay, guys. How about we talk about this tomorrow, okay? We're all tired from the mission so let's rest and decide then. What do you think?" Trenton interrupted.

The gang looked to each other before they looked at Trenton and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine with that."

"I think my ember's drained anyway."

"Me fine with it."

"Agreed."

With that, Trenton smiled a weary grin and went down one of the hallways, along with his friends, but Ransei stayed behind. Trenton noticed this and called out, "Hey, Ransei! Aren't you coming?"

Ransei looked to him and waved his paw dismissively. "I'll catch up, I have something to do," he responded.

Trenton shrugged before he went down the hall. Ransei stared at where Trenton formerly was before he went to a section of the lobby where a large map was placed on the wall. He scanned it until his eyes arrived at a specific point.

"Jan Town…" he whispered before shaking his head. "Oh, well… At least it's better than here…"

Ransei then followed his teammates down the aisle to their room.

Spoiler: Author's Note

Back