• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    HELLO THERE pokecommunity users! this is my first competitive team and i would like to hear your thoughts on it!
    Aerodactyl@Focus sash
    Jolly, Pressure
    252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP
    -Stealthrock
    -Taunt
    -Rockslide
    -Earthquake
    Aerodactyl will act as a basic suicide lead, taunt first to prevent entry hazards, then stealth rock, if, after stealthrock, it has yet to feint, then i will try to do as much damage to pokemon as i can before it does feint.

Weezing@black sludge
    Bold,Levitate
    252 defense, 252 Sp defence, 4 HP
    -Haze
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Flamethrower
    -Painsplit
    Weezing is going to act as my primary physical wall. Haze for...well...hazing, will o wisp to annoy, painsplit to recover some damage and flamethrower for attacking.

Heracross@Flame Orb
    Adamant,Guts
    252 Attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    -Megahorn
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Facade
    I will be using heracross as my physical sweeper. With the flame orb, guts and swords dance heracross' attack is behemoth. Also, facade gets the powerup with the status infliction.

Rotom@Choice Specs
    Timid,Levitate
    252 Sp attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp Defense
    -Trick
    -Charge Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadowball
    I will be using Rotom as a special sweeper. Trick will be used to pass along an unwanted choice item, charge beam to raise its sp attack, and thunderbolt to unleash it and shadowball for powerful STAB attack.

Umbreon@Leftover
    Careful,Synchronize
    252 Defense, 252 Sp Defense, 4 Attack
    -Wish
    -Pursuit
    -Curse
    -Payback
    Umbreon will be used as a special wall. Wish support, Pursuit for a fleeing alakazam, curse and payback combo=devastating

Kingdra@Life Orb
    Naughty,Swift Swim
    252 Attack, 252 Sp attack, 4 Speed
    -Rain Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Hydro Pump
    -Draco meteor
    Kingdra will also be used for wall breaking, First rain dance to double speed, then any attack depending on what pokemon i am facing.

Thanks a lot!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ugh, scizor007, don't give bad advice. White Herb? Just no. It only works once and once you use it, you'll have no item for the rest of the battle which puts you at a major disadvantage. Besides, Heat-form Rotom isn't even the best Rotom anymore. With the rise of Heatran, Wash-form is the way to go as it can counter the common Heatran+Celebi+Bulky Water trio.

Anyways, nooch, your movesets are standard for the most part, but your team is all over the place and lacks good synergy, which makes you weak to some of the major threats in OU battles.
    Right now, you don't have a Dragon resist, so Flygon, Dragonite, and Kingdra will rip you apart. Life Orb Jolteon will also give you major problems, especially since your only Electric resist is OHKOed by its Shadow Ball.

First off, a Dragon resist is important and the only thing that resists Dragon is Steel. So you must include a Steel type on your team. Skarmory is a good choice since it can wall physical attacking versions of all 3 Dragons, even handling Fire Punches quite well. Skarmory can also phaze with Whirlwind and set up its own entry hazards.

Replace Weezing with Skarmory:

Skarmory @Shed Shell
    Impish
    252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spd

-Brave Bird
    -Whirlwind
    -Spikes
    -Roost

I picked Shed Shell because Dragons are very often paired with Magnezone and you don't want to be trapped.

With a Skarmory, you'll be targeted by Fire and Electric attacks, so having this is a good idea:

Flygon @Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -U-Turn
    -Stone Edge/Fire Punch

Flygon is immune to Electric, resists Fire, and takes care of your Jolteon problem. Replace Kingdra with Flygon.

Umbreon just doesn't belong on this team. First of all, no one really uses Alakazam in OU. Secondly, you can't do anything to Fighting, Steel, and Dark types, and every team has at least one of those. If you want a defensive Eeveelution, use Vaporeon.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    148 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spd

-Surf
    -Ice Beam/HP Electric
    -Wish
    -Protect

Now with Vaporeon, you might be worried about having 3 Pokemon weak to Electric. If this is the case, use Heatran or Infernape as your lead. Both can use Stealth Rock and Taunt.

Also, I noticed a problem with the EVs for your two walls (Umbreon and Weezing), so I'm going to give you a little guide:

How to EV a Pokemon defensively

If Pokemon's HP < Defense/Sp Defense, max out HP first
    Examples: Shuckle, Dusknoir, Bronzong

If Pokemon's HP > Defense/Sp Defense, max out Defense and/or Sp Defense first
    Examples: Blissey, Snorlax, Wobbuffet

If Pokemon's HP is equal or nearly equal to Defense/Sp Defense, max out HP first
    Example: Celebi, Jirachi, Nidoqueen

Example: Let's take 2 Spiritombs with the same IVs and the same level. Spiritomb 1 will have max HP EVs and the rest split in both defenses. Spiritomb 2 will have max EVs in both defenses and only 4 in HP.

Spiritomb 1 with 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpDef (neutral nature)
    Spiritomb 2 with 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef (neutral nature)

Here's how much damage they will take from the following attacks:

STAB Earthquake from Pokemon with 300 Attack:

Spritomb 1: 36.8% - 43.8%
    Spritomb 2: 42.6% - 50.8%

STAB Flamethrower from Pokemon with 300 Special Attack:

Spritomb 1: 35.9% - 42.8%
    Spritomb 2: 40.9% - 48.3%

As you can see, Spiritomb 1 takes less damage from both Special and Physical attacks than Spiritomb 2 even though Spiritomb 2 has more EVs in both defenses. This shows you how important HP is for a wall that has less HP than defenses.

Hope you learned something from this

IN SHORT:

*Replace Weezing with Skarmory
    *Replace Kingdra with Flygon
    *Replace Umbreon with Vaporeon
    *Replace Aerodactyl with Heatran/Infernape (optional)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    scizor to answer your question i don't have a wifi adapter but a group of friends and i get really competitive and we use mixed tier.

Thanks for both of your inputs though, because i posted this team on smogon and got absolutely not response. i have a question, i think steelix could take skarmory's spot better because of the electric resistance, what do you think?

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Aggron sucks in OU. 4x Fighting weakness and 4x Ground weakness are terrible things to have. Electric types still beat it because its Special Defense sucks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    and then mantine instead of vaporeon because of its abilities to take special hits better

Aggron sucks in OU. 4x Fighting weakness and 4x Ground weakness are terrible things to have. Electric types still beat it because its Special Defense sucks.

sorry i meant to say steelix

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    and then mantine instead of vaporeon because of its abilities to take special hits better

Vaporeon is far better than Mantine as Vaporeon can pass wishes to it's team mates, not to mention it doesn't die to Gyarados with Stone Edge as easily.

aragornbird said pretty much everything needed to improve this team though :P good luck playing with it!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Mantine is bad because

1) It's weak to Stealth Rock and anything that's weak to Stealth Rock fails as a wall.
    2) It can't learn Wish so it can't support the team like Vaporeon can
    3) STAB Electric attacks still beat it because of the horrible 4x Electric weakness
    4) Besides Sp Def, the rest of its stats are completely mediocre

Steelix is okay, but the main reason you shouldn't use it instead of Skarmory is because Steelix doesn't have a reliable instant recovery move. Plus it's still weak to Fighting and Ground, which are 2 things a physical wall should not be weak to.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    how about tentacruel for vaporeon? sorry just trying to keep my options open

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Tentacruel is ok, but whatever happened to wanting Wish support? Remember that Tentacruel has no way to heal itself outside of Leftovers and Rest.

Back