• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 14, 2010
Hey everyone, I need help with a Script, I'm currently using XSE cause I find it easier to use and things. Back to the script, when I try to Compile it doesn't let me so I clicked the Debug button and when I press Debug it shows me this.
Spoiler:

And when Insert the offset for @start into A-Map i open the script again using the built in one, and and it comes up with this:
Spoiler:

And in the game I press the script and i don't get a response, any ideas whats wrong. I cant get the compile button to work either.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hey everyone, I need help with a Script, I'm currently using XSE cause I find it easier to use and things. Back to the script, when I try to Compile it doesn't let me so I clicked the Debug button and when I press Debug it shows me this.
Spoiler:

And when Insert the offset for @start into A-Map i open the script again using the built in one, and and it comes up with this:
Spoiler:

And in the game I press the script and i don't get a response, any ideas whats wrong. I cant get the compile button to work either.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the problem is that you don't have your ROM opened with XSE but instead the script which you are writing. When XSE has a script open, the compile button won't work because there's no ROM to compile the script to. The reason why no script appears when you press decompile and why nothing happens in-game is because you haven't actually inserted the script into the ROM. You need to open the ROM in XSE, copy the script from your script file into the XSE window, and then press compile. Hopefully, that will fix it.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Game: Firered
Type: Person event
editor: Pokescript
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenie:
3b89a9a8d1.png

I do not see anything wrong with it, only that you wrote M in HM01 is lower case when it should have been in upper case (fixed in bold). Also, in $talk 1, try to put the text in one line. IF that didn't work, recompile the script or something.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Hi, I am using xse and firered to make a team rocket base. I'm trying to make it so, if the player has the card key, he can stick it into the machine. Then, the machine will open the gate and release the prisoner inside. Then the prisoner will walk over to you, thank you, give you an item, and walk off screen.
Spoiler:

When I do this, the prisoner is released even if I do not have the keycard. And, the gate doesn't disappear, and neither does the prisoner. Somebody please help.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Hi, I am using xse and firered to make a team rocket base. I'm trying to make it so, if the player has the card key, he can stick it into the machine. Then, the machine will open the gate and release the prisoner inside. Then the prisoner will walk over to you, thank you, give you an item, and walk off screen.
Spoiler:

When I do this, the prisoner is released even if I do not have the keycard. And, the gate doesn't disappear, and neither does the prisoner. Somebody please help.
The things in bold are odd. Since when are there people with numbers that high? Never. And the 1 in bold would make the script say that "if have item, go to 0x7314B9", which I do not think you wanted. The compare LASTRESULT 0x1 after checkflag is not needed.

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years
This is a trigger script, I'm sorry it's so long ):
It's like a team rocket style thing..
basicly, you go into a room filled with rockets and when you step forward, this script activates..
but.. when you warp to the room, the screen just goes black
I'm using FireRed & XSE
I'd really really appriecciate some help :)

Spoiler:

dante414

Fallen Trainer
Years
Hello I am new a scripts so sorry for any stupid mistakes. I was trying to make this event where you talk to someone they say what they want and Disappears and it works but when I leave and come back it comes back. heres the script please help me.

#dynamic 0x71A418

#org @script
msgbox @talk 0x2
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x4
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x1000
release
end

#org @talk
= Oh! Hello [player]!\p[player]: Hi!\pIsent it wonderfull here!\n Hey have you ever noticed that\lwild Pokemon never attack peaple here!\p[player]: Yea its strange.\pYou know what! We should build a\n town here wouldent that\lbe great!\p[player]: Yea...I guess.\pWell anyway I've got to go!\n Goodbye [player]!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
This is a trigger script, I'm sorry it's so long ):
It's like a team rocket style thing..
basicly, you go into a room filled with rockets and when you step forward, this script activates..
but.. when you warp to the room, the screen just goes black
I'm using FireRed & XSE
I'd really really appriecciate some help :)

Spoiler:

If the screen simply goes black upon entering the room and you haven't actually triggered the script, then the problem most likely lies not in the script but in the map itself.

KotovSyndrome_

Years
Hello I am new a scripts so sorry for any stupid mistakes. I was trying to make this event where you talk to someone they say what they want and Disappears and it works but when I leave and come back it comes back. heres the script please help me.

#dynamic 0x71A418

#org @script
msgbox @talk 0x2
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x4
fadescreen 0x0
setflag 0x1000
release
end

#org @talk
= Oh! Hello [player]!\p[player]: Hi!\pIsent it wonderfull here!\n Hey have you ever noticed that\lwild Pokemon never attack peaple here!\p[player]: Yea its strange.\pYou know what! We should build a\n town here wouldent that\lbe great!\p[player]: Yea...I guess.\pWell anyway I've got to go!\n Goodbye [player]!

Providing that the person's "Person ID" is 1000, this should work...

Spoiler:

changes in red..
sorry about the weird space... between hidesprite & setflag

If the screen simply goes black upon entering the room and you haven't actually triggered the script, then the problem most likely lies not in the script but in the map itself.

That's what I thought, but I've walked through that room dozens of times before and nothing like this happened..

Last edited:

dante414

Fallen Trainer
Years
It still wont work same thing happens i talk to her screen fades screen comes back shes gone I go to route 1 (its in pallet town) and come back and she is still there. its in fire red and i am using XSE! I don't know whats wrong.

KotovSyndrome_

Years
maybe.. Try this.

Spoiler:

changes in red.

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Try this
Spoiler:

KotovSyndrome_

Years
I 100% sure its 1000 in the PERSON ID: 1000 that is exactly what it says.
and the hidesprite 0x800F did not work either. the same thing happens.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

ok, try this, but remember to change the person ID to 1235, and change the person event no. to 5

Just cluching at straws really

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back