• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bravely Second

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
  • Out in NA since yesterday, made it to Chapter 1, I'm liking it so far.

Wizard is still my favourite of the new classes, really gives the spell some better variety, mainly because Hammer is ridiculous (2.0x modifier is pretty lol). I like the idea of Charioteer, and will definitely make a throwing set-up, but first I need better weapons to fully make use of it, haha. Triple-Wield is nice to have in the early game though, equipping a weapon, shield, and another weapon on the head is a nice way to retain some bulk and damage. Bishop and Fencer are very, very underwhelming. Granted, my expectations of Bishop weren't that high, since it's only purpose is to serve as a healing class if you don't get the White Mage asterisk, but eh. Fencer is just boring, I was hoping that the stances would be more... special?

Yeah, both are mine. I definitely do like it, the artbook that comes with it is pretty top-notch. I really wasn't expecting 500 pages worth of material, haha.
    i love wizard too but hate the ugly black outfit haha
    I actually like fencer, i have it mixed up with my ranger
    Fencer being the second job and ranger first...doing fencer moves with a bow looks kinda cool haha
    And i like the fact you can begin with wolf stance even in boss battles

Wow that is a lot of pages of artwork, i bet it is a fabulous book

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Out in NA since yesterday, made it to Chapter 1, I'm liking it so far.

Wizard is still my favourite of the new classes, really gives the spell some better variety, mainly because Hammer is ridiculous (2.0x modifier is pretty lol). I like the idea of Charioteer, and will definitely make a throwing set-up, but first I need better weapons to fully make use of it, haha. Triple-Wield is nice to have in the early game though, equipping a weapon, shield, and another weapon on the head is a nice way to retain some bulk and damage. Bishop and Fencer are very, very underwhelming. Granted, my expectations of Bishop weren't that high, since it's only purpose is to serve as a healing class if you don't get the White Mage asterisk, but eh. Fencer is just boring, I was hoping that the stances would be more... special?

Yeah, both are mine. I definitely do like it, the artbook that comes with it is pretty top-notch. I really wasn't expecting 500 pages worth of material, haha.
    Artbook was amazing to go through - I also didn't expect it to be so large and with 500 pages. Neat thing to have!

Side note, Charioteer is pretty darn useful. Trample in particular for grinding or just steamrolling through common enemies, and throwing weapons also works pretty well, haha. (At the end of the job you also get the ability Quad Wield... and if you combine that with the NInja dual wield ability... :V)

I found Fencer to be lackluster as well, but Bishop gets better and I found more useful than White Mage for healing.

I beat the game some weeks ago, and did the bonus post-game dungeons too. I quite enjoyed the game overall. BS wins out with battles, on par with characters/side quests overall I suppose, good story and no super-looping like BD, but still maintaining BD comfortably wins with its music.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Kinda remains to be seen for me. If the demo music's anything to go by' Supercell's doing something very right and. Granted, I haven't played too much of it, but I like the demo's tracks a fair deal.

omg you need to play the game!! seriously >:( ^_^
    so good :pink_love:

i just found out about a cool thing for mages that attack like wizard or time mage
    having brevity as an ability... with 50% chance, your magic attacks get twice as powerful, damn
    i was only using it for bishop stuff before and did not realise that it is for ALL SPELLS
    and so i used it with time mage powers last night, nice one {XD} 9999 damage​

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Finished off Bravely Second a couple of days ago. Pretty great. Gameplay-wise, it was step-up from BD. Having more interesting classes to play around with and the consecutive chains really made a difference for me. Plot-wise, I'm sort of iffy on, just to sum it up in a couple quick words, this didn't feel like a proper follow-up to BD. Everything I wanted answers to in the first game wasn't acknowledge or lightly touched on, and only opened up even further questions. However! Bravely Second's 'New Game +' is an extremely novel idea. (also, don't look that up because it's spoilers, lol)

Regarding two classes, Patissier and Guardian. I never used Alchemist in BD, so I don't have the proper knowledge to make an apt comparison between it and Patissier. Regardless, I loved Patissier; I wasn't exactly fond of having to buying the ingredients every now and then (I mainly forgot), but inflicting elemental weaknesses is wtf tier. Skated by the entire mid-late game portions using this, lol.

Guardian is fantastic, solely based on the premise that Possession can get bonkers at times. Primarily used it with Swordmaster, as the synergy between the two make for a very effective tank. Constant aggro, veritable amounts of bulk, and all the while building Spirit Energy = profit.

Also, I'm amused that all of the broken set-ups that I abused in BD all got gutted, lmao. RIP, Stillness + Hasten World, Black Bane + Sword Drain, and Group Sleep + Status Amp (actually, this might be alive in BS since Catmancer has Catnap. But, I haven't really tested it because that requires me to actually use Catmancer).
    i love wizard too but hate the ugly black outfit haha
    I actually liked the outfit, lol. Magnolia pulled it off magnificently, and it's one of the few costumes that has her in a ponytail. And, Tiz has the hood! Not that I used Tiz as a Wizard, but it's still cool nonetheless.
    Artbook was amazing to go through - I also didn't expect it to be so large and with 500 pages. Neat thing to have!

Side note, Charioteer is pretty darn useful. Trample in particular for grinding or just steamrolling through common enemies, and throwing weapons also works pretty well, haha. (At the end of the job you also get the ability Quad Wield... and if you combine that with the NInja dual wield ability... :V)

I found Fencer to be lackluster as well, but Bishop gets better and I found more useful than White Mage for healing.
    I was mildly surprised that a large portion of the book was dedicated to Bravely Second. I was expecting a couple of concept arts from Bravely Default to pop in, but nope. I actually wanted to see a couple of the artwork for Praying Brage but alas, there was Bravely Archives instead, which was equally as cute.

Quad Wield + Ninja was absurdly exhilarating. Paper thin defence (Good thing Possession is a thing), for sure, but I can't possibly pass on that overkill offence.

I will actually take back my words about Bishop, haha. Once I got Group Cast Master, it definitely outshone White Mage. 100% healing on the entire party for a mere 24 MP, is absolutely criminal. Let's keep this class for Bravely Third.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I will actually take back my words about Bishop, haha. Once I got Group Cast Master, it definitely outshone White Mage. 100% healing on the entire party for a mere 24 MP, is absolutely criminal. Let's keep this class for Bravely Third.

bishop is boss
    so much better than exorcist, thats for sure
    even though i loved the bloody outfit, freaking useless compared to bishop that job is if you ask me

i also like the new game + thing
    when i heard people saying you can get the other jobs in a new game, the ones you didnt chose in sidequests
    i thought they meant i had to play the damn game all over again in another file
    THANK GOD that was not the case lol{XD}
    was i glad
    because if it was like that, that would of sucked bad:|​

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • I can not believe none in my country bought this game *.*

I do not know if I am the only one that say that the game is.... short to complete.

You know why it is so short to complete? Because I played it midnight!

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I can not believe none in my country bought this game *.*

I do not know if I am the only one that say that the game is.... short to complete.

You know why it is so short to complete? Because I played it midnight!

great game is it not
    got a fav character or job?​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • 1. My fave character is Tiz. Tiz is so swaggy. (And Cristos' avatar is him)

2. My fave job is Swordmaster. Also want swords! Our country have many swords here too.

tiz is pretty awesome indeed ;)

Omg i cannot believe this!!!
    Game keeps crashing whilst im doing second final boss battle... What the actuall fak
    Seems other people have same problem but maybe it is because i'm playing the european version i don't know.... but still, all versions should work and be complete incl european gamed. Definitely not pirated, so thats not the cause as others might think

This is seriously pissing me off
    If there is no fix to it im going to sue them japanese people or whoever created it lol

Edit: fak me, changing meh 3ds language to english saved meh life...stupid though, that you have to do that to fix glitch​

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • So how does this game compare to the first game?

I am about halfway (Chapter 4) through the first game and like the old style Final Fantasy like job system.

I have the following job setups and am Level 52.

Agnes - Summoner/Red Mage
    Tiz - Ranger/Sword Fencer
    Edea - Valkyrie/Sword Fencer
    Ringabel - Knight/Pirate

I haven't got a clue what to do with Ringabel in truth. Perhaps I will later in the story with more jobs unlocked.

The music I find outstanding and whilst the characterisation isn't always perfect. (Of the four main characters Tiz is disappointly bland with Agnes being my favourite.) Some of the villains are very likeable and/or funny. (The Pirate and the Spell Fencer spring immediately to mind) or have a potentially deeper story (Mephillia).

If Bravely Second is more of the same (Or better) I may buy it immediately after I have finished the first game.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • So how does this game compare to the first game?

I am about halfway (Chapter 4) through the first game and like the old style Final Fantasy like job system.

I have the following job setups and am Level 52.

Agnes - Summoner/Red Mage
    Tiz - Ranger/Sword Fencer
    Edea - Valkyrie/Sword Fencer
    Ringabel - Knight/Pirate

I haven't got a clue what to do with Ringabel in truth. Perhaps I will later in the story with more jobs unlocked.

The music I find outstanding and whilst the characterisation isn't always perfect. (Of the four main characters Tiz is disappointly bland with Agnes being my favourite.) Some of the villains are very likeable and/or funny. (The Pirate and the Spell Fencer spring immediately to mind) or have a potentially deeper story (Mephillia).

If Bravely Second is more of the same (Or better) I may buy it immediately after I have finished the first game.
    seriously, bravely second is GREAT
    BUY it!!!
    especially because the new game has got new and different jobs going on
    it is also more fun , story wise and other ways too...
    like chain battles, where you can keep going and gain a lot more exp money and jp faster

if you love bravely default, you definitely going to like bravely second​

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    i just found out about a cool thing for mages that attack like wizard or time mage
    having brevity as an ability... with 50% chance, your magic attacks get twice as powerful, damn
    i was only using it for bishop stuff before and did not realise that it is for ALL SPELLS
    and so i used it with time mage powers last night, nice one {XD} 9999 damage​

I love the Yokai's Echo skill! I have Ventriloquism on Yew and casting Holy four times with Magnolia (Yokai) usually gets me 7 Holy arrows in one go.

I also really enjoyed looking around for the seven deadly sins. I played The Four Heroes of Light when it came out and fighting the same bosses with the same background music after so many years was nostalgic.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I had a quick look at the Bravely Second job list and it does appear to be a good list of jobs and my favourite job Valkyrie is still there.

So I will likely pick up Bravely Second when I have finished the first game. Current Party:

Agnes - Arcanist/Black Mage
    Tiz - Ranger/Spell Fencer
    Edea - Valkyrie/Spell Fencer
    Ringabel - Spiritmaster/White Mage (Likely need a dedicated Healer at this point)

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I love the Yokai's Echo skill! I have Ventriloquism on Yew and casting Holy four times with Magnolia (Yokai) usually gets me 7 Holy arrows in one go.

I also really enjoyed looking around for the seven deadly sins. I played The Four Heroes of Light when it came out and fighting the same bosses with the same background music after so many years was nostalgic.

help me out here, is there another way to defeat satan besides using the lv 11 skill of astro?
    the berserk is making it impossible to defeat it
    i think i only got 3 left to kill

BTW, after the end of the post game, you started again with new game+ ?
    because i don't get why people would do that, you lose all your key items, whats the use of that?​

[/spoiler]

I had a quick look at the Bravely Second job list and it does appear to be a good list of jobs and my favourite job Valkyrie is still there.

So I will likely pick up Bravely Second when I have finished the first game. Current Party:

Agnes - Arcanist/Black Mage
    Tiz - Ranger/Spell Fencer
    Edea - Valkyrie/Spell Fencer
    Ringabel - Spiritmaster/White Mage (Likely need a dedicated Healer at this point)
    i don't know why but i never was a fan of that Valk job, also the boy outfits are weird haha
    but cool you got a ranger, one of my fav jobs because i think using a bow looks sexy {XD}​

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • i don't know why but i never was a fan of that Valk job, also the boy outfits are weird haha
    but cool you got a ranger, one of my fav jobs because i think using a bow looks sexy {XD}​

For the Vampire Dragons I ran with three Valkyries and Tiz as a Templar. Getting the Silver Glaive from Norende was an added bonus as was grabbing the wonderfully named Holy Lance. The Dragons went down quickly to repeated High Jumps.

Templar seems to be the defensive job that I thought Knight would be and it seems to fit Tiz's character. Rampart is a very useful move.

The male Valkyrie outfit does look odd admittedly, somewhat feminine in fact. The female one looks excellent but of course they are basically cosplaying Einheria. The Ranger Outfits are fun especially the Fox Mask and the 'Hunting' abilities made Tiz hit hard.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • For the Vampire Dragons I ran with three Valkyries and Tiz as a Templar. Getting the Silver Glaive from Norende was an added bonus as was grabbing the wonderfully named Holy Lance. The Dragons went down quickly to repeated High Jumps.

Templar seems to be the defensive job that I thought Knight would be and it seems to fit Tiz's character. Rampart is a very useful move.

The male Valkyrie outfit does look odd admittedly, somewhat feminine in fact. The female one looks excellent but of course they are basically cosplaying Einheria. The Ranger Outfits are fun especially the Fox Mask and the 'Hunting' abilities made Tiz hit hard.

i love the ranger outfit especially on magnolia , in the new game, and on the boys as well

what is your fav outfit so far? i really liked the vestal outfit of agnes
    also tiz farm outfit or whatever its called

the bravely game music in concert, faking amazing i tell you

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have just beat Einheria in Chapter 5 and I have all the jobs unlocked except one and I got Agnes Knights Tunic from Norende.

Agnes Vestal Garb is indeed very nice and Tiz's Freelancer Outfit indeed fits him well.

My favourite outfits for each character.

Agnes - Summoner - I'd have this outfit on her all the time if I could. It's a shame Summons do not seem to be great in the game.

Tiz - Templar - It fits his character perfectly for me and is very cool armour.

Ringabel - Red Mage - A man with an eye for women with a rose decorated jacket. He's a Dark Knight at the moment though.

Edea - Valkyrie - The noble white colour I like a lot and the speared skirt is a nice touch. In this outfit Edea could pass for Einheria's sister.

Yay for live game music. My favourite music in the game so far is the one they play when you face an Asterisk Holder.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • [/spoiler]

I have just beat Einheria in Chapter 5 and I have all the jobs unlocked except one and I got Agnes Knights Tunic from Norende.

Agnes Vestal Garb is indeed very nice and Tiz's Freelancer Outfit indeed fits him well.

My favourite outfits for each character.

Agnes - Summoner - I'd have this outfit on her all the time if I could. It's a shame Summons do not seem to be great in the game.

Tiz - Templar - It fits his character perfectly for me and is very cool armour.

Ringabel - Red Mage - A man with an eye for women with a rose decorated jacket. He's a Dark Knight at the moment though.

Edea - Valkyrie - The noble white colour I like a lot and the speared skirt is a nice touch. In this outfit Edea could pass for Einheria's sister.

Yay for live game music. My favourite music in the game so far is the one they play when you face an Asterisk Holder.

i absolutely LOVE the music from these games
    it is fantastic
    and these live concert videos people playing the stuff, omg, i love it
    they even sing with the stuff, damn i would totally see that live!!

i agree red mage looks nice on ringabel, i had him on that for awhile
    also agree summoner outfit is cute and looks good on girls, too bad i still haven't really made use of that job

i think you can get a bikini outfit too for one of the girls eventually, i got it but i do not remember where or for who​

Back