• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Chosen Destiny

How good is CDest, now, in your opinion?

• EXCELLENT! Keep up the good work!

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Uh, GREAT! Keep on going!

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Uh, I suggest that you need to improve, BIG TIME!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What?! You call this a game?!

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
  • @Phoenix316:
    I'll see what I can do about the trainer sprites.

@Everyone:
    Thanks for your comments!!

Thanks for your comments, everyone!
    A minor update:
    Special Window Skin for the save/load menus:
    slmenu.png

and upgraded window skin for the menu, ingame!:

mmenu.png

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Geno:
    Yes, but, I have no set date yet.

Not really an update, but, here's a special unique thing in CDest which is my idea, and, sorry, you can't use it...
    SPECIAL SAVE FILES!

Now, I'll explain it.
    It's type of an add on to CDest, with these special save files, you will be able to load the file and appear in a secret location which can't be reached except only that way!!! Well, then you can explore around, and learn a few secrets of CDest!

Sometimes, it can be mini games, or missions. Just you wait for the demo to be released!

This idea was originally thought up by Peekimon.
    Means you can't use it, sorry.

EDIT:
    Removed "?" notice and replaced it with a more sensible idea.

Last edited:

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
    Years
  • Peekimon said:
    This idea ? Peekimon.
    Means you can't use it, sorry.
    Is that really copyrighted? Don't really beleave you... :\
    Oh well great idea though, like the sound of that, but can't you just open it with RMXP and set the starting position in the "secret map"?

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • It isn't copyrighted really, I meant to put that because I kind of own the idea. No patents or anything. I'll re edit the post, to avoid future confusions.
    Plus, I'm going to encrypt the data in RMXP to make it so that no one would access the files in the editor, ie, no one would steal graphics, scripts, etc. And the save files would be needed then.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • # SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING #
    But, I'm not sure whether to show the mascots or not... :/
    Why? Because, they are made secret on the title screen, so, if I showed you, it won't be a secret any more... and I prefer that I don't reveal them except on the title screen.

Even though, I would vote "No", I won't vote on this one, as, it would be unfair.

So, again, Mini Poll!!!

Should I reveal Trukyra and Liaork here or in the game?

Yes, reveal them here. [0]
    No, reveal them in the game. [1]

Voted "Yes" :

Voted "No" :
    // Tull //
    --------
    Same as the other Mini Poll, to be held on BSP and PC.

-- Edit --
    A Map update, finally.
    Grand Forest > Route JML 2 > Lamron City
    rjml2.png

Last edited:

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • Really neat mapping, Peekimon!! There's a tree graphic error on the bottom-left corner. ;)
    Anyways, looks very 'natural'!

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Nice map. BTW, about the copyright issue, ANY PERSON IS ALLOWED TO MAKE A COPYRIGHT, thanks to the Copyright act. Simply go like this

Blabla, Look at my original text! Mwa ha ha
    (c) Copyright 2005, blueguy All rights reserved

I'm not sure if this also applies to images (though I'm fairly sure it does.)

Years
  • edit:OK this is Naas I live with my girlfriend and this is her username I didnt realize she used my computer until after I posted sorry.

Yes you can copyright images, but you cant copyright the idea for a pokemon game because its still a pokemon game, it would be like trying to get a copyright for a dell computer becuase you put a different colored shell and different name on it, and you cant copyright images in the likeness of pokemon images, so you can copyright any original images you have as long as they have nothing to do with pokemon, they are not derived from pokemon images, and they are not in the likeness of pokemon images. You have to remeber you are making a fan game, the only way you can legally copyright something like that is if EVERYTHING in the game is original (which is already dead becuase of the fact that the game has pokemon in it). Even if you could copyright the idea of this game youre not making any money off of it and if people use your images you wont be loosing any money so it would be legal for anyone and everyone to use your images as they please as long as they dont get any profit from it (sucks right). i think thats where the misconception about copyrights come from people think a copyright is to protect your idea when its actually established to protect your assets and assure noone uses your idea for profit without your consent.......Im sorry, Im in the music biz and go through copyright problems all the time especially with major record labels who for some reason seem to be proned to sickning lawsuits soooooo I guess that kinda makes me a good person to talk to about it....meh anyway I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • @ Naas (as you said)
    I meant, can't I copyright an IDEA (AKA, Special Save Files) out from the blue?
    Or do I have to sign a contract or something?

@ Everyone:
    Thanks for your great comments!!
    PS:
    PKMN_Sage:
    It looks too forestry, because, that route is from Grand Forest, a forest (duh), so, it takes its element( AKA, Grass, leaves, you get the idea) from the forest.

Jeff and PKMN_Sage (Errors)
    Thanks for pointing that out!
    Just fixed it.

Anyway, another mini update.
    I finally made the TV layout! The Pok?Dev TV!
    tv_screen.png

Comments, please. Ignore the text, I was just testing to see that the message comes up right.

A Mini Poll Update :
    Should I reveal Trukyra and Liaork here or in the game?

Yes, reveal them here.[1]
    No, reveal them in the game. [3]

Voted "Yes" :
    // 1 Member from BSP //
    Voted "No" :
    // Krazy_Meerkat // Pichu1 // Tull //

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Did you think that I didn't like the forest look? I thought it was pretty impressive actually. The new screen looks pretty interesting. Is that a painter sprite? Looks cool.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • @PKMN_Sage:
    I was just exaplining the reason of the forestry look.
    To tell you the truth, I thought that you didn't like it, but, you do, sorry for the misunderstanding.

BTW, Thanks for your comment!

OFF TOPIC:
    Is Pokemon: Eternal Ruin a game you'll work on?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Peekimon said:
    @ Naas (as you said)
    I meant, can't I copyright an IDEA (AKA, Special Save Files) out from the blue?
    Or do I have to sign a contract or something?
    Yeah that shouldnt be a problem as long as the people who made the program you used to create it dont have a problem with it, which i doubt they would.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Peekimon said:
    @PKMN_Sage:
    I was just exaplining the reason of the forestry look.
    To tell you the truth, I thought that you didn't like it, but, you do, sorry for the misunderstanding.

BTW, Thanks for your comment!

OFF TOPIC:
    Is Pokemon: Eternal Ruin a game you'll work on?

Actually, it was an April Fool's jokes. I put up the sig about a month before April Fool's Day with the plotline and title screen so people would think I was working on a game. I also put "MORE INFO ON 1ST OF APRIL" under it as a hint that it was for April Fool's. And when April 1st came about, I put up the sig that you see now. I never planned on working on it because of limited time and it would take me forever to finish. It was always intended for April Fool's. I'm also starting college in September, so yea... no time. :\

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Yeah that shouldnt be a problem as long as the people who made the program you used to create it dont have a problem with it, which i doubt they would.
    Ok, if that isn't a problem, then, the Special Save File idea is ? Peekimon.
    You may make save files that pop up, but, not play mini games, missions, adventures.

If the above isn't right, do tell me the right way... 0.0
    But, what I can understand from Naas is that it's no problem...

I am stunned by your Photoshop work again!!! Looks great!!
    Thanks, for your comment! I really appreciate it. :)

Actually, it was an April Fool's jokes. I put up the sig about a month before April Fool's Day with the plotline and title screen so people would think I was working on a game. I also put "MORE INFO ON 1ST OF APRIL" under it as a hint that it was for April Fool's. And when April 1st came about, I put up the sig that you see now. I never planned on working on it because of limited time and it would take me forever to finish. It was always intended for April Fool's. I'm also starting college in September, so yea... no time.

Wow, and I really believed it!!! Because of the pokemon graphics and the way you showed it, just made me believe it was true. You really fooled me... Good Job!
    BTW, good luck in College!

Back