• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Assorted BW/BW2 tilesets

Ultimo Spriter

I'm back ...
Years
  • Here is an assortment of tiles that I have made in the style of Gen 5.
    More can be found at my gallery on DA.
    Should also note that I'm no longer making tiles so don't expect anything new after my eventual upload of the Virbank tiles.
    These are public tiles however please give credit if used.

Aspertia City
    Spoiler:

Miscellaneous Outdoor Tiles
    Spoiler:

Nuvema Town
    Spoiler:

Nacrene City
    Spoiler:

Starter Kit
    Spoiler:

Years
  • These look cool :3

How do I go about adding them to the game? Would I just stick these in the Tileset folder of Essentials and replace the default tilesets or would I need to edit the parts to these Tiles into the default one. I normally hardly touch tilesets because they can confuse me with how I can use them. :\

MarvinLock

Starting with Pkmn Essentials!
    Years
  • They look great! I will use them for sure. Thanks!

These look cool :3

How do I go about adding them to the game? Would I just stick these in the Tileset folder of Essentials and replace the default tilesets or would I need to edit the parts to these Tiles into the default one. I normally hardly touch tilesets because they can confuse me with how I can use them. :\

If you add the image in the Tilesets folder, you will only be able to use them in a specific map. If you edit your existing tileset however, then you will be able to use both your old tileset and this one. Personally, I would go for the second option.

Dylanrockin

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Too bad I already found these on Deviantart, and also put them together before this :L oh well. Not much use here, for me at least :P

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
    Years
  • I need some help with ripping tiles from Pokemon Black2 from Desmume or should I use something else to rip the tiles?

Years
  • Kinda of wish someone made these ready to use so people don't have to edit the tileset themselves if they find it difficult to do so, me included. I want to be able to download the tileset and drop it in the folder and its there.

Why don't a lot of people who make these do that?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Kinda of wish someone made these ready to use so people don't have to edit the tileset themselves if they find it difficult to do so, me included. I want to be able to download the tileset and drop it in the folder and its there.

Why don't a lot of people who make these do that?

Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth :I

It's easier to make tiles, then worry about tileset restrictions after, also, in several cases in the available tiles, some objects or buildings do not fit in the standard 256 width.

Regardless of even that....the starter kit spoiler...contains them all in the format you want...
    I can only assume the unedited versions exist solely for people who only want bit and pieces, or wish to add to an existing tileset, but they are all in a ready to use format...

Ultimo Spriter

I'm back ...
    Years
  • Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth :I

It's easier to make tiles, then worry about tileset restrictions after, also, in several cases in the available tiles, some objects or buildings do not fit in the standard 256 width.

Regardless of even that....the starter kit spoiler...contains them all in the format you want...
    I can only assume the unedited versions exist solely for people who only want bit and pieces, or wish to add to an existing tileset, but they are all in a ready to use format...

The unedited versions exist because it's how I prefer to show them off
    I normally make the tiles all at once, package 'em up nicely to display them with a second upload; a map that shows how the tiles can be used. It also teases them because the preview always comes first.

All the tiles however were to be grouped together, one base (the starter kit) and several expansion sets. The stater kit as I mentioned is the base, it includes Nuvema (for the lab) and Nacrene (first set made). It also includes stuff to make routes out of too. The first expansion, Land Meets Sea (not shown here) includes Driftveil, Undella, Striation and Black City. There are also tilesets from expansions that were never finished. The Cold Storage and Dreamyard were to belong to the Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Now with boats set. Aspertia belongs to the never finished New Start, Old Unova set (which might still happen, I needed some stuff from Floccesy and I'm already working on Virbank) and Route 4 I think was supposed to be part of a set that was about different terrains.

Regardless of what I mentioned about though, their is and underlying notion which as you stated, to pick and choose what you want for the desired tileset. Everything is a lot bigger in Gen V so its not a good idea to have everything in just one tileset, it's much better to break it up into what you need for the job at hand.

Back