• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Future Pokemon Black In-Game Team

@lpha

Solid Snivy <3
Years
  • Hey guys, it's @lpha!
    I just recently bought Pokemon Black and I'm looking forward for a new adventure!
    So here is what i plan to have as my team:

1. Emboar
    2. Simisage
    3. Swanna
    4. Haxorus
    5. Eelektross
    6. Volcarona

If you can suggest some movesets or replacements, don't be afraid to reply!

~@lpha

Years
  • I haven't posted in this thread for a while since one of my own team suggestion threads died out.

I have noticed that you have a glaring weakness to Flying-types, so you'll need a bit of a shake-up to get around those Flying Pokemon.

I suggest keeping either Emboar or Volcarona, not both or Flying-types will sweep you.

However, Volcarona has a double weakness to Rock, so you need to take this into consideration whether to keep it or Emboar.

It's come to this conclusion: Emboar lacks a Rock weakness, so keep Emboar.

Now, Swanna has a double Electric weakness, so you'll have to tread carefully.

I suggest replacing Volcarona with um, Excadrill cos my friend PlatinumDude (he's an expert at planning movesets) knows how good it is.

Or, if you want a Psychic-type; since you're playing Black, you could use Sigilyph in place of Swanna.

If you were to replace Swanna, a Water-type I should consider to you is Jellicent cos it's part Ghost-type and has a good TM moveset.

Or if you don't mind a second monkey, you can get a Simipour cos it has a good moveset as well (you can catch Simipour's pre-evo, Panpour in Pinwheel Forest in shaking grass then you can obtain a Water Stone in Driftveil City to evolve it).

So, thank me for noticing a glaring weakness that you should fix.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I haven't posted in this thread for a while since one of my own team suggestion threads died out.

I have noticed that you have a glaring weakness to Flying-types, so you'll need a bit of a shake-up to get around those Flying Pokemon.

I suggest keeping either Emboar or Volcarona, not both or Flying-types will sweep you.

However, Volcarona has a double weakness to Rock, so you need to take this into consideration whether to keep it or Emboar.

It's come to this conclusion: Emboar lacks a Rock weakness, so keep Emboar.

Now, Swanna has a double Electric weakness, so you'll have to tread carefully.

I suggest replacing Volcarona with um, Excadrill cos my friend PlatinumDude (he's an expert at planning movesets) knows how good it is.

Or, if you want a Psychic-type; since you're playing Black, you could use Sigilyph in place of Swanna.

If you were to replace Swanna, a Water-type I should consider to you is Jellicent cos it's part Ghost-type and has a good TM moveset.

Or if you don't mind a second monkey, you can get a Simipour cos it has a good moveset as well (you can catch Simipour's pre-evo, Panpour in Pinwheel Forest in shaking grass then you can obtain a Water Stone in Driftveil City to evolve it).

So, thank me for noticing a glaring weakness that you should fix.

Most good teams generally have two weaknesses in terms of typing, but they overcome it with their team mates, it's all up to careful planning. Plus there's also the fact that flying types won't actually sweep the team, because they've got Eelektross to defeat them. There's also a water weakness, too, which can be overcome with Simisage. Flying types generally don't pose an issue in-game other than in Skyla's gym, in which Haxorus (assuming it'll have something like Dragon Dance/Outrage) and Eelektross can take them easily.

Hey guys, it's @lpha!
    I just recently bought Pokemon Black and I'm looking forward for a new adventure!
    So here is what i plan to have as my team:

1. Emboar
    2. Simisage
    3. Swanna
    4. Haxorus
    5. Eelektross
    6. Volcarona

If you can suggest some movesets or replacements, don't be afraid to reply!

~@lpha

It's great that you're already planning your team! Before we give moveset advice, it'd help to see what movesets you'd possibly consider and we can improve upon them. Either way, in terms of Pokemon, Emboar is great for starting off but bad later on (Unova's starters aren't necessarily the best), so if you want a fighting type, you can go for Scrafty, it's generally an amazing Pokemon with either of its two in-game abilities and was one of my main Pokemon in my second Black playthrough - it also becomes a lot more useful in Unova later on than Emboar. Simisage is "okay", sure it's a nice monkey to begin off with, but a better grass type would be either Ferrothorn or Virizion because either can be really annoying to the opponents as well as being strong (for Virizion, with both special and physical attacks). As for Swanna, Jellicent can generally be a more useful water type to play through with, but Swanna could work. As Hikari10 mentioned, Jellicent can be really good. Not only protecting Scrafty from potential fighting type attacks, it can also spread burns around the opponent's team as well as take many attacks due to its spD stats.

4, 5 and 6 can be really useful - and if you really wanna keep your other three I'm sure we can all work out movesets to make those ones work too :)

Back