• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combining Pokedex display options

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I have multiple region maps with a variety of different generations of Pokémon on each of them. I would like the player to pick from the list of Pokedexes (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, etc.), but if I set the "dependsonlocation" setting to "false", the nest page for each Pokedex only shows my first region map for all region maps. In other words, my region maps are conflicting with the nest pages of the Pokedex, or vice versa.

On the other hand, when I set "dependsonlocation" to "true", it correctly shows all my region maps in the nest page, but it also automatically displays the National Dex by default and then the player can't pick between the different regional Pokedexes in the list/menu. In this case, everything works the way I want it to except for the list of regional Pokedexes not showing up.

My question is, how can I have the Pokedex's nest page correctly show which region map the player is currently on while also allowing them to pick between regional Pokedexes (Kanto, Johto, etc.)? The wiki tells me that when I set "dependsonlocation" to "true", there will never be a list. Can this be changed?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    So I figured out how to show the player's current region in the nest page without sacrificing the regional dex lists. Here's what I did:

Under PScreen_Pokedex go down to line 832. It should look something like this:
    Code:
    if !DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION
        dexnames=pbDexNames
        if dexnames[pbGetSavePositionIndex].is_a?(Array)
            [B]region=pbGetCurrentRegion[/B]
        end
    end
    The bolded part is what you want to change. I changed it to this:

region=pbGetCurrentRegion

What it will do is allow you to pick between Kanto, Johto, etc. Pokedexes in a menu, and then once you pick your regional Dex, it will find the current region you are in and show you that region in the nest page. It took me about two days until I realized I only had to change one line of code, I was surprised it was as simple as it was.

Edit: One more important thing I forgot to mention. If you want to use this system for the Pokedex, you need to go into "Settings" and set DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION to false.

Last edited:
    Back