• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Raygeki

Blastedoise

"...Too bad, though. ...It's all over now. ♪ ...Th
Years
  • Hello there today i present you Pokemon Raygeki.

Straight from the rules in this order:

"Show what you're using to make your game"
    I am using the Pokemon Essentials GS Kit by Comboy to make this game
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=349305

"An introduction to your project"
    Well, some time ago i though about making a GSC styled Fangame for Pokemon since Gen 2 has been my favourite Gen since i played all 3 of them. First it started out to be a hack based on Pokemon Ruby, but later on i decided to devel it Pokemon Essentials. After i found out there even is a Kit for it i started using it and started to re-learn all the stuff i gotta do.

"The plot and back-story of the game"
    "Welcome to Raygeki. Our major is proud to welcome you to our homeland, and we hope you will enjoy your stay." This story has nothing to do with the original Pokemon G/S/C games! You and your mother have traveled to the Raygeki Region. Your new home is Zeron Town, a quiet and calm place. This is also where you get your first pokemon from Professor Oak, who happens to be there, Since you graduated, you have been promised to get a Vulpix... and you're getting it today! Meanwhile, Team Rocket has also appeared in the Region to steal some Pokemon, and perhaps even legendary Pokemon who watch over this Region. You think the Police is going to stop them? You couldn't be more wrong, as the Police and the entire government are corrup; you will have to fight against the law! Meanwhile, the new Gyms have opened their doors, and even the Elite Four have arrived.. Are you strong enough to take them all out? And who is this mysterious person you keep running into, and what is he up to? The Raygeki Region has a lot to offer, and now's the time to find out what!

"A list of features"
    All of the features which Comboy put into his kit aka:
    - Modified resolution and graphic coordinates for GBC visual accuracy.
    - "Day-Morning-Night" tile swap system, according to the time in the computer.
    - More than 300 battle moves animations (Repeated for some of them).
    - A complete source of graphics and some music/sound effects from the original Gen 2 games, and even "devamped" front and back Pokémon fan sprites from Treecko to Genesect, including their alternate forms.
    Credit goes to COMBOY for all of this stuff

"Progress report"
    So far about 0.8% has been done, yeah it's still early in devolpement.

"Screenshots/videos of game-play"
    Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Battle/In-Game
    Spoiler:

"Credits"
    COMBOY for the Pokemon Essentials GS Kit
    Spoiler:

RPG MakerXP by ENTERBRAIN

And POKéMON ESSENTIALS
    was created by:

Flameguru
    Poccil (Peter O.)
    Maruno

Want to help improving this Game?

Here are some things i offer as help for this!

- Mapper (I already do mapping, but i mean teamwork is the solution to a really good map)
    - Scripter(I know about basic stuff, including battles but another Scripter wouldn't hurt
    - Eventual someone who can loop Music (I can't seem to get them loops right..)

Last edited:

Blastedoise

Years
  • I have updated the thread with a fixed Story, and added new images to it showing how it starts off now!

Blastedoise

Years
  • Looks good, but you might want to "spoiler" your maps.
    Is the first one you posted the first route in the game?

Yeah, it was before i tweaked it up a bit, meaning it looks like this now.

Spoiler:

The Grass is now mainly there for grinding a bit and test out Vulpix attacks before facing actual trainers.

Years
  • Yeah, it was before i tweaked it up a bit, meaning it looks like this now.

Spoiler:

The Grass is now mainly there for grinding a bit and test out Vulpix attacks before facing actual trainers.

The top left water looks kinda off. You should prob change the edges.

Blastedoise

Years
  • Fixed them asap it should look normally now.

Besides i have some updates for this:

- Magikarp is now useful in battle. His states have been upgraded, attacks are upgraded he now knows Tackle from level 1 on and he can now use proper water moves like, Water Gun and Hydropump. He will eventually learn Dragon Rage now and at Level 50 Hyperbeam
    Magikarp will also now evolve at level 50 and not 20 since his changes.

- Ditto can now learn Quickattack and Bodyslam for example.
    - New Villain Team has been added known as Team Charm
    - New Gym Leaders Concept Team has been gathered same with the Elite 4
    - New City Map has been made

Spoiler:

Years
  • There are definitely not enough fangames with the graphic style of Gen 2 that we all know and love. Looking forward to the completion of this project!

Back