• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interview Killer!

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • Well, basically this might be the first ever attempt to make an interview about myself so I hopefully it will be going well : )

Firstly, my name is killer and I am not an artist. I am just a person who loves to draw and somehow fell in love with it. From small drawings of stick figures in textbooks to dragon drawings posted in gallery. Even though my drawings may not as good as others but I still get positive comments and reviews from people and it makes me motivated to do more and improve my drawing skill as well.

For me, this A&D section had significantly improved my drawing skills and also encouraged me to share my drawings to other people, it also gave me a way to meet up with other artists so I can know more about their job career and their drawings too.

So, you all can now post the question about me and I hope I can answer them as good as I can. Thank you for letting me to make this interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I'd love to know, how long does it take you to complete a full drawing? Your works have a lot of detail so I figure it must take you a while.

My drawing usually takes at least 2 hours to complete, but it depends on which kind of drawings. Dragon drawings take the longest time to complete, the time taken can be from 4 hours to 7 hours. This is because some of the parts are very hard to draw like dragon claws and legs, and sometimes I also need to refine the drawing again just to make it more complete.

Even though it takes so long time to finish, I feel more satisfied for putting the best effort to draw.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Why would consider yourself not to be an artist?

Because I think that I should learn more before I am considering myself an artist, besides I am just taking drawing as my hobby. For me, an artist should have a good knowledge about arts and also creating a fine art. It make take time for me to learn more about it since I am going for other course or career without relating arts, but maybe someday I will also consider myself as an artist if I willingly to continue learning about arts.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • this might be a silly question but i think i only seen drawings on paper so far so...
    how come you not doing your stuff digital , in photoshop, take it to another level?​

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • this might be a silly question but i think i only seen drawings on paper so far so...
    how come you not doing your stuff digital , in photoshop, take it to another level?​

hmm, this is an interesting question. Well, I actually know about digital arts but I prefer using pencil and paper because of my laziness........

Oh nope, but I admit I am lazy. Because pencil art seems easy to learn, but hard to master as you can see my first dragon art (which is more likely an art) is not fine and also with lot of flaws. With constant practice, I can learn more and try new kind of drawings like scenery, dragons or potraits ( which kinda sucks)

Digital art is new level of art using computers and well they are easy to use and create incredible drawings, but pencil arts which does not have any colours still can prove that sometimes black and white also quite unique because it is draw by yourself, I mean you can use adjust contrast and shading by yourself, which makes the pencil drawing to be more special.

I have to admit that I really really lazy to learn digital art, so teach me how not to procastinate

What's your favorite thing or subject to draw?

of course, it is dragon! Well I love to draw over powered things that is legends or fantasies and defies nature. I also love to draw scenery cuz sometimes when I got some real good scene pictures I really want to draw it down to make the scene even more touching.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Digital art is new level of art using computers and well they are easy to use and create incredible drawings, but pencil arts which does not have any colours still can prove that sometimes black and white also quite unique because it is draw by yourself, I mean you can use adjust contrast and shading by yourself, which makes the pencil drawing to be more special.

not to be rude or anything haha
    but the stuff you pointing out to be original about pencil and paper, them can also be achieved when making digital art
    black and white and add shading etc

anyhow, not saying that you should make digital art, not saying that at all, just to be clear on that
    i was just curious
    because somebody talented as you, would probably be very good making digital art ^_^​

Back