• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NU stall team RMT

RTHookers

Banned
Years
This team works quite well. 2 won matches and 1 lost, I've learned a lesson from that first one.

Anyway

Lead / Revenge Killer / Scout / One-cat army
53.png

Persian @ Life Orb
EVs : 252 atk. 252 spd, 252 HP
Timid nature, Technician ability.
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Taunt
-Bite

Persian is a very good NU lead, as well as a good revenge killer. Got me out of a tight situation where a Bellyzard was about to own my entire team (After a little help from my Dusclops)
Fake Out is an obvious choice, Priorty + Double STAB (ability boost) + Life Orb AB = pwnful force. It outspeeds the vast majority of NU, but I always almost go for the speed boosting nature anyway. Taunt helps against SR leads, although Return is probably a better path to take, Bite provides me with better coverage and gets pseudo-STAB from Technician, it can revenge non-scarfed Espeons and with FO and the flinch rate it's really awesome, although the main combo is usually Fake Out + U-Turn.
Great lead and serves as a great utility for later. U-Turn is for scouting I haven't mentioned.

144.png

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs : 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Sp
Timid nature, Pressure ability
-Substitute
-Roost
-Ice Beam
-Toxic

Staller. And a great one, too. SubRoost set works well on Articuno as well as it works well on my Moltres from my UU team.
Anyway, you probably know how SubRoost works, and I probably won't need to explain this subjest. Ice Beam for STAB, and does fairly good damage.

491.png

Regigigas @ Leftovers
EVs : 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 def
Adamant nature, Slow Start ability
-Earthquake
-Return
-Confuse Ray
-Thunder Wave

Regigigas is quite unbalanced, but it's defense are still noteworthy.
This attempts to stall. I think that Return might get off and Drain Punch because the lack of recovery. Still, opponents might think this is useless and start setting things up, only to be T-waved in the face, followed by a Confuse Ray, making Regigias a triple threat, first, Confusion, second, being paralyzed, and third, being able to be attacked. This makes Regigigas a decent one, and it still has 100 defenses. If the ability's downside wears off, the opponent is pretty much in a bad shape. Element of surprise combined here.
Although it sucks, it's quite decent to a stall team, having good defenses (I might actually change it's spread to 252 def 252 sp.def, because of it's already high attack stat)
and awesome attack and good speed. Regigigas is an Uber Pokemon for sure if it wasn't for Slow Start.

346.png

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs : 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Careful nature, Suction Cups ability
-Rest
-Stockpile
-Toxic
-Sleep Talk

This guy aims to be an extreme staller. If I get a free turn to Stockpile things up, the next turn would be the same for what move is used (Certain conditions may force me to Rest) and then I would Rest. Toxic helps in the good LONG run if Stockpile manages to work out effectively, raising Cradily's defense sky-high, and combined with Suction Cups, a deadly combination is spawned (Yes, I stole that from Smogon, but I typed it all myself :>)
It's game over if it manages to pull two stockpiles. The opponent will be sucking poison. BADLY POISON.

356.png

Dusclops @ Leftovers
EVs : 252 def 252 sp.def 4 HP
Careful nature, Pressure ability
-Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

This guy comes straight from ADV's OU Pokemon, and not for a dull reasons. 130 base on both defenses is awesome. The only drawback is the bad speed and HP. Snorlax of NU / NFE? Hardly.
Effective at walling? Certainly. Night Shade is the main way of attacking, because of it's low attack, anything with higher than base 70-80 in their defense will laugh at what it throws at it. So this is essentially a Blissey and Snorlax mix. Sort-of. And should be played as such. Will-O-Wisp is for Pursuers, and is a better choice than Toxic because of the attack drop.

378.png

Regice @ Leftovers
EVs : 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm nature, Clear Body ability
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Seismic Toss

WTFHAXSPECIALWALLBASE200SP.DEF
I hope you got the hint, there's no need to invest EVs at all in this guy's Sp.def. Why? 200 BASE, that's why. Almost hits 500. THIS IS THE BLISSEY OF NU! Nah, just kiddin'.
Although BoltBeam might be a better choice, special walls will cause my own special wall's life a miserable thing. And will just turn into a stalling war.
Ice Beam for STAB, Seismic Toss is for those annoying special walls.
I think the second and third slots speak for themselves.

Anyway, how's my stall team?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Okay so firstly any stall team needs SR and (Toxic) Spikes. Change Cradily's set, being Taunt fodder is bad. Hippoptas + Cradily works well, as Sandstorm boosts Cradily's Sp.Def. No Rapid Spinner hurts you since Articuno losing half it's health by switching in is bad. Since I'm really not experienced in Stall, I'll leave it for other raters.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Those evs on clops are dumb. It needs max hp then spread the rest between defenses. You gain more durability this way.

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Yeah I know.. But I didn't know where to go, def or special def.. I'm going for max def / HP.
I'm thinking about replacing Cradily with Meganium, and Regigias with Sandslash or an Omstar. Hell I might even replace Persian but then I will have problems with CM Espeon so it's unlikely.

Back