• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive team building newbie! RMT?

Years
437.png

Bronzong:Sassy
Ability: Levitate
Item: Leftovers
252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
Stealth Rock/Wall
Stealth Rock
Toxic (Explosion perhaps?)
Gyro Ball
Hypnosis

429.png

Mismagius:Calm
Ability: Levitate
252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Perish Trapper
Perish Song
Mean Look
Pain Split (Is subsititue a better choice?)
Shadow Ball

468.png

Togekiss:Timid
Ability: Serene Grace
252 HP / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Wish/Encore Support
Wish
Encore
Air Slash
Sweet Kiss (Trying to figure out how to teach him Heal Bell >:[)

121.png
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/121.png
Starmie:Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Light Clay
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Reflect/Rapid Spin Support
Reflect
Recover
Rapid Spin
Surf

461.png

Weavile:Jolly
Ability: Pressure
Item: NeverMeltIce
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Sword Dance Sweeper
Sword Dance
Ice Shard
Assurance
Low Kick (Want to opt out for something else)

145.png

Zapdos:Modest
Ability: Pressure
Item: Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Special Sweeper
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass
Heat Wave
Roar

Many of these movesets are personally tailored smogon sets, I'm not looking too much for critic on my movesets (though I would like to know if the massive amounts of support is over done) but more about how well my team works together and how well the movesets compliment each other.
A flaw I'm already aware about is that half of this team is weak to rock :C
I'm willing to switch pokemon and moves out for better options but not complete rebuilds. Thank you in advance for any pointers!
I'm playing SoulSilver if you were curious :D

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
SD Weavile is very metagame weak nowadays due to the presence of Scizor. CB variants are especially nasty to this team since it can just spam U-turn and Bullet Punch while SR wears everything down.

Offensive Zapdos also usually prefers a Timid nature to outspeed positive base 90 and neutral base 100 speed pokemon, plus Life Orb grants more than enough power. You should also add Roost > Roar to help with LO recoil and Stealth Rock.

I'd remove SD Weavile in favor or a more stable sweeper. In particular, SD Lucario resists most priority moves and is more effective as a late-game sweeper. He also isn't horribly Scizor weak, lol.

Also, both Mismagius and Togekiss seems like overkill in terms of support since you only have two sweepers to begin with. I'd drop Mismagius since it's much more effective in UU and a lot of OU pokemon will be able to hit through it before it gets a chance to set up. This leaves you with a lot of options for adding a bit more offense. Latias in particular has decent synergy with this team as it resists electric, grass and fire attacks aimed at Brozong, Togekiss and Starmie, but it's up to you I suppose.

Years
SD Weavile is very metagame weak nowadays due to the presence of Scizor. CB variants are especially nasty to this team since it can just spam U-turn and Bullet Punch while SR wears everything down.

Offensive Zapdos also usually prefers a Timid nature to outspeed positive base 90 and neutral base 100 speed pokemon, plus Life Orb grants more than enough power. You should also add Roost > Roar to help with LO recoil and Stealth Rock.

I'd remove SD Weavile in favor or a more stable sweeper. In particular, SD Lucario resists most priority moves and is more effective as a late-game sweeper. He also isn't horribly Scizor weak, lol.

Also, both Mismagius and Togekiss seems like overkill in terms of support since you only have two sweepers to begin with. I'd drop Mismagius since it's much more effective in UU and a lot of OU pokemon will be able to hit through it before it gets a chance to set up. This leaves you with a lot of options for adding a bit more offense. Latias in particular has decent synergy with this team as it resists electric, grass and fire attacks aimed at Brozong, Togekiss and Starmie, but it's up to you I suppose.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
SD Lucario is a good late game sweeper as Aura stated but so is Rock Polish Metagross.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Rock Polish
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch / Explosion

Back