• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change graphic of the hero

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Hello, I was wondering how do I change the graph of the hero, for a short period of time. I already tried the normal way, but did not change the graph's hero..

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If you set $Trainer.outfit to a number, Essentials will look for the player graphics with that number suffixed to the end.

For example, it usually uses "trchar000.png" and "boy_run.png" for Red's walking and running sprites. When you set $Trainer.outfit to 2, it will look for "trchar000_2.png" and "boy_run_2.png" (and then fall back to the default names if it can't find those).

I use this method in my game to make sleepwear for the player character.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    If you set $Trainer.outfit to a number, Essentials will look for the player graphics with that number suffixed to the end.

For example, it usually uses "trchar000.png" and "boy_run.png" for Red's walking and running sprites. When you set $Trainer.outfit to 2, it will look for "trchar000_2.png" and "boy_run_2.png" (and then fall back to the default names if it can't find those).

I use this method in my game to make sleepwear for the player character.
    But is there any way I temporarily change the graphic Player?, I want to change his clothes in the middle of the game..

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    That's exactly what changing $Trainer.outfit does. It changes the player's graphic. Try it and see.

Back