• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm blocking you for being a cheesehead!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, has anyone ever blocked you on Facebook or any other site for stupid reasons? What were those reasons? Please share your stories~

I was blocked by this one girl on Facebook because according to her friend, who at the time was mine before I blocked her, said that I was following the same j-rockers as she did. Like, in other words... in her 'defense' I was doing it intentionally to be a stalker or something. I mean seriously? I follow j-rockers because some either decide to follow me, and I want to be nice by following back or I follow them to stay up to date on what they are doing and such. So then at the last minute, my other friend was like "I hope you don't do that to me". I literally fucking wanted to scream. For one thing, they don't OWN the j-rockers. They don't have the right to say which ones I can follow and can't follow. That's why I find this absolutely ridiculous as hell. It's just so childish. Both of them are like little children who pitch fits over stupid things. *sigh*

So yeah, I also hope I put this in the right place. I didn't think it would have been fit for The Treehouse because it talks about Facebook and other social media sites. I'd just love to hear if anyone has any stories about things that have happened to them over silly people blocking them for nonsense reasons.

I'm sure this will get ignored though. I actually just needed to rant because this really makes me laugh at how goddamn childish they are acting.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I was blocked by quite a few people on Twitter for challenging their views. The funniest one, though, was when a girl blocked me because I disagreed with her views on a reality show participant.

I've also blocked people, too. Either people who annoyed me or who have completely opposite POVs from mine.

Years
  • Back in 2011, a certain female user on Twitter who I had gotten along with so well had blocked me over something stupid, and that she claimed beforehand that she would have tried to do something about before it could happen. It was because she claimed I had been having a lot of personal conversations with her, which really wasn't my fault. And she left me to think (from her best friend) that she actually hated me, but that wasn't true. I didn't take it well.

I have a newer Twitter though, and hopefully i'll never have to have anything to do with her again.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I think I was blocked because a radical feminist didn't like that I retweeted an article on how criminalizing feminicide wasn't the solution for fighting violence against women. The article was written by a female lawyer (who happened to be a feminist herself!) and was spot on. For someone guilty of a crime, it makes no difference to stay in prison for 8, 10, 15 years.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't believe, I've ever been blocked by anyone and even if I was, I wouldn't know about it. Not a socially skilled person, so I don't get into conversations and especially arguments anyway, which would be a hugh prerequisite for getting blocked.

In terms of blocking other people: I don't see the need to do that, but maybe that's just be believing, that even the biggest idiots may change someday.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've blocked a bazillion spambots in the past. The only real person I have blocked and will be blocked for life is my ex-boyfriend. For being a loser, basically.

Years
  • I have not gotten into conflicts or spats with acquaintances on social media before... so I don't think I've been blocked? If so, I don't seem to care anyway.

Short story time.
    There has only been one occasion I have had to block a person on social media. Last year, a boy whom I used to be acquainted with as a preteen contacted me and sent a friend request on facebook. I figured, "Why not? He's an okay guy. We had some sorta fun times back in the day" so I accepted. It turned out he changed a lot over the years and he became kind of a creep cuz he just would not take no for an answer when he asked me out via chat... no matter how many timed I explained to him that I did not like him in a romantic way. I had to block him because I did not want to receive any more of his incessant messages. It is unfortunate he did not want simple friendship. Ah well...

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I've blocked my fair share of people for various reasons. Most of the time if I'm blocking a person it's either because they're harassing me or they're just that terrible. As in their viewpoints and posts are repeatedly and consistently inflammatory, rude or just excessively annoying/infuriating.

That said; I do clean out my block lists once in a while too; at least for the people I block preemptively to avoid clashing with them.

Years
  • You would really have to do something major that impacted me in my life in order for me to block you, really.

Back