• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

APPLE WATCH

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • I'm excited for it, for sure, but I'm still a bit on the fence about it. I'm probably going to wait a few months before I get mine, after I hear what everyone has to say about it and all (and maybe the price will have gone done some by then, too xD)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i can't see myself ever buying one since it's just a simplified version of the iphone that i carry in my hand everywhere i go.

Years
  • I can barely bother to keep a regular watch around for use, never mind a more expensive one. :( So none for me.

(Although I poked around on that site anyway, and uh. Rose gold with black classic buckle is actually kind of snazzy. So if I were ever interested in buying one of them, I'd probably go for that one!)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I checked the features.. and it's basically a dumbed down smartphone without all of the cool features.15 000$ for a plastic watch that tells time and have tactical screen, lol okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm not really interested. I only got a smartphone last year (as a present!), and rarely wear watches as well. Not keen on paying a bunch for something like this which seems like a scaled-down version of my smartphone. Each to their own though.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • And if you had the ability to give a proper debate, you'd actually give a few reason why the watch is worth 15 000$ instead of just defending yourself.

Okay, I'm sorry it's not plastic. It's rubber. Also, It cost 15 000$ because it's from Apple. What exactly does the watch's feature have that it NEEDS to cost more than a smartphone/tablet?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Well... This happened with the iPad before. I don't see a need for it, it's just a bigger iPod touch etc.

It's kinda like a premature product.

I'm quite interested in the sport variant, but that 18 hour battery life isn't going to help.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Here's a tip: It's made of gold. No joke.

Do you also think that's the cheapest model? Really?

I'm gonna ask again: can you read?

Made of gold, please. The straps are rubber, not gold. Can YOU read?
    There's tons of watches out there that are actually made of gold, diamonds, sapphire and whatnot and still sell for A LOT less. Also, where did I ever mention that it was the cheapest model? You say you can read. So go read in my past comments where I ever said it was the cheapest model.

I don't want this thread to become a thread where you're solely defending your ego. I'm giving my point of view why the Apple Watch is very overpriced for it's value and the only tihng you're doing is defending your own self. So please, talk more about the watch and less about your own self esteem.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Made of gold, please. The straps are rubber, not gold. Can YOU read?
    There's tons of watches out there that are actually made of gold, diamonds, sapphire and whatnot and still sell for A LOT less. Also, where did I ever mention that it was the cheapest model? You say you can read. So go read in my past comments where I ever said it was the cheapest model.

that's because gems are literally worthless. lol

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 20, 2015
    Gah! I don't even have the money, nor want to be thinking about saving up for one! Well not yet anyway, its pretty expensive for my taste at the moment i'll have to wat till they are reduced in price by a lot.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Solid gold watch for $15,000? Apple has topped themselves yet again! It's like they never cease to ascend the ladder of pointless look-at-me-ego pretentiousness with their products. I would laugh at the people who actually buy that.

As for the regular ones, I think they're more or less trying to take a filled market. Smartphones don't catch your shirt when you're listening to music, to be fair. Plus, didn't they already kind of do this? Where's the originality?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'd even see the point of owning one SOMEWHAT had it not been the case that this watch requires you to charge it every 18 hours.

What.

A watch. That you need to charge daily. That's just horrendous. Even my phone can last 24+ hours. And this needs a charge after 18 hours which is just pathetic. If not for this one flaw, I could still be a little more positive about this watch.

Oh, and I am aware of the fact that battery life extending straps are already available for like $80 or something. But really?

Either way, those that have a ton of cash to spare and those that wear this more due to its status and not the practicality, have your share of fun! I wouldn't label you since you all have your own reasons. :p

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I'm not paying 10-15 grand for a solid gold wrist watch that will drag me to the ground, thank you very much. I got an iPhone and I'm fairly satisfied with that, already.

Years
  • I won't be getting one. The $600 price tag and the fact that I use an Android device puts me off.

Plus, I've seen a couple cheaper ones around. If I do go the smartwatch route, I'll go that path instead, as I've really just never liked how iOS feels to me like it's handling the user with kid gloves and $600 is a bit expensive for me for an accessory to my phone.

Back