• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How the heck do I get these games?!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hi all, I've got a New 3DS XL.

I'm nearly finished Omega Ruby.

I would dearly love to play Heart Gold and Black 2 (or White 2) in the time before Sun & Moon come out. These were 2DS games if I'm not mistaken, so I have two questions that I'd love an answer to:

1 - can I play these games on my New 3DS XL?
    and more importantly

2 - where the hell can I buy these games that won't cost me a million dollars?! They're so hard to find!!!

xRiveria

Serena's Groom
    Years
  • The games will most certainly work, even if they're of different regions as the 3DS you're currently using. Collecting older Pokemon games won't come at a cheap price, though. They certainly won't cost a million, but be prepared to pay close to a $100 or more depending on the release date of those games.

I purchased a preowned copy of HeartGold on Carousell for 40 USD a month or so ago, which was the cheapest I could find at the time.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • You can play DS Pokemon games(your HG/SS and Black/White 2) on your New 3DS, if I can recall correctly. They're probably rare and expensive now though, so maybe try online shopping or something like that. Maybe dig about in second hand game shops? That's how I found my old copies.

Edit: The New 3DS XL can play DS games. Just went to confirm it. Hopefully this helps you out a fair bit, even if I'm just adding more to a past comment. :p

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • 1. Yes you can certainly play those games on your 3DS.

2. Prices of old Pokémon games depends on a number of things. I got Heart Gold for £2.00 unboxed whilst White 2 cost me £35 preowned if I remember correctly.

I saw Heart Gold again the other day with a box and no Pokewalker for £50

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Amazon works pretty well. I bought Pokemon Black there for about $35, but If you're really desperate, you can try eBay. I recently bought Pokemon Platinum on there for only ~$16.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Black/White 2 are both pretty easy to find for decent prices, now that I've looked into it. But HeartGold/SoulSilver are exxy AF.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I have a local store that sells old game, mostly second hand but some new, I went looking for some of the old pokemon games, he had them but no way I'd by them, even LeafGreen was like $60 and there wasn't even a box, just the game cartridge which was 2nd hand

Back