• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Decolonized The future of pokemon

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
  • To put it simply this is an RP about pokemon trainers/rangers that tend to the town of letchworth in the distant future after the majority of the human population has left earth after polluting it and squandering its resources. This is not the apocalypse though. This is 200 years after the majority of people left and the world is fairly overgrown and natural now.

With that out of the way I'll try to sort out some details for you.

Pokemon Decolonized is an RP that I created when i first started roleplaying many years ago. It was always a bit ambitious and as such when I was just starting it couldn't help but flop, but I've never given up on it I come back to forums and try it ever couple of years with those problems hopefully fixed.

The plot does revolve around a collection of Pokemon Rangers; who in this world are really pokemon trainers with the job of pokemon rangers and no capture stylus you will capture and build a team. The basic tasks covered are protection of the city from wild pokemon, collection of materials from the ruins (as there is still salvage out there that has to be brought in and salvaged), and the enforcement of law.

You would oak, silver, or gold rangers. Those are the three lowest tiers of 10 total. Oak, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Expert, Elite, Master, and Legend. Diamond is usually where you'll find most of the head rangers who function as the leaders of the rangers and function as a strong vote and voice in the town's council (the rest of that council is made of the artisans and the farmers with seats similar to their sizes with more farmers than artisans.)

Those other ranks are for those who do exceptional acts of valor and or provide a great gift to the world.

Anything you have questions about I probably have the answer for as like I've said I've been working on this for a long time. I even have a fanfic version of this universe that helped me answer most of the problems.

The final thing I want to mention is that I want this to be Mature, but I will run it as Teen if the players lean to that side. As much as this is a pokemon world and all of that i do try to root it in a rather real nature. Pokemon would die if they fight too hard and long, people aren't immortal either, and you had better believe that pokemon eat pokemon (I do have a loophole about pokemon as food basically involving pokemon being feral monsters until they bond with a human which lets them switch over to logic and thought instead of instinct).

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    This seems like an RP that would go in an endless loop. Go out, help pokemon, come back, enforce the law, eat, sleep, go again. Is there some sort of plot or an end direction this RP has?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • This seems like an RP that would go in an endless loop. Go out, help pokemon, come back, enforce the law, eat, sleep, go again. Is there some sort of plot or an end direction this RP has?

I run it in turns of a more open setting to let people be creative on their own and plotted parts. As for that plot it revolves around two things really. 1. old technology that is now getting into the wrong hands and 2. Dealing with the struggles of balancing the people of the town and other towns as you are in a sense martial law and as much as things are stable it wouldn't take much for things to become stressful (SPOILER i suppose for a plot moment:
    Spoiler:
    ). On top of that diplomatic issues with the other few towns out there and Outsiders (nomadic people who have become scorned because of what a number of groups did. Now every group of them bares the stigma.)

Only rangers have pokemon that are trained for combat. sure you could try to get that miltank to fight but it'd probably just yawn and walk away(putting you to sleep in two turns).

So there's external and internal plotlines that will be interwoven with the more open times for players to in a sense sandbox (usually about 2 large posts where you can do whatever you want covering whatever amount of time I set aside) EX. I can give you a week until the next story event so you could then use those posts to do whatever your character does for those two days including training, socializing, heck just talking about themselves and their thoughts. If you want to be with other players I suggest a combined post.

EDIT: also hello Jhin I'm a Gnar main.

Back