• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeballs don't work, and making an NPC give you a Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2015
    Hello guys,

I'm using Pokemon essentials v14 and RPG Maker XP. When I met a wild pokemon I can use the pokeballs but they don't work :P
    Can You help me?

I have also another question. Can I create a npc that give me a pokemon if I insert a determinate code?

Thank You :D

Savordez

It's time to end fangames.
    Years
  • There is a Script button in the event commands, last page.
    4cb2ff8857.jpg

Insert your script there.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • There is a Script button in the event commands, last page.
    4cb2ff8857.jpg

Insert your script there.

No, I think what he's asking for is that the player would have to actually put in, ie, a 5 digit code and when the player gets it correct, they are rewarded with an item or pokemon or something. It's sort of like cracking a code to a safe I think

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2015
    No, I think what he's asking for is that the player would have to actually put in, ie, a 5 digit code and when the player gets it correct, they are rewarded with an item or pokemon or something. It's sort of like cracking a code to a safe I think
    Exactly. Clan you help me? (Aldo with the problemi of pokeballs)

Years
  • Exactly. Clan you help me? (Aldo with the problemi of pokeballs)

Code:
    params=ChooseNumberParams.new
    params.setRange(0,99999)
    params.setDefaultValue(0)
    inputnumber=Kernel.pbMessageChooseNumber(
     _INTL("Please choose a number."),params)
    if inputnumber==SECRETCODENUMBER  #whatever the number it's supposed to be is
    pbAddPokemon(:PIKACHU,5)
    else
    Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("I'm sorry, that is not the correct code"))
    end

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2015
    Code:
    params=ChooseNumberParams.new
    params.setRange(0,99999)
    params.setDefaultValue(0)
    inputnumber=Kernel.pbMessageChooseNumber(
     _INTL("Please choose a number."),params)
    if inputnumber==SECRETCODENUMBER  #whatever the number it's supposed to be is
    pbAddPokemon(:PIKACHU,5)
    else
    Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("I'm sorry, that is not the correct code"))
    end

Like this?
    wJ2gqC3.png

Years
  • Did you try this? Did you get errors? I'm not going to help any further if you can't even try something I literally hand-fed to you.

sorry if this is a dumb question but is there a way to make it case sensitive rather than using numbers?

Years
  • sorry if this is a dumb question but is there a way to make it case sensitive rather than using numbers?

Are you just wanting to input text? If so just look up pbEnterText. If not, I have zero clue what you're trying to ask. And/or you don't know what case sensitive means.

Years
  • Are you just wanting to input text? If so just look up pbEnterText. If not, I have zero clue what you're trying to ask. And/or you don't know what case sensitive means.
    ya i meant text, i feel stupid for not even thinking of that lol, i think ik how to do it now. thanks!

Back