• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who are you/will you be using for Surf?

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    With Zigzagoon sitting in my party (HM Slave) she eventually evolved into Linoone which I taught Surf after my fifth gym badge to cross the water on Route 118 and receive the Good Rod.

On the same route I caught myself a Carvanha (now a Sharpedo) so I use him to surf since he's a member of my team.
    Having his own surfing sprite and increased speed when surfing just makes its even better!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Eh, Alpha Sapphire will go with Kyogre. As for Omega Ruby... I'm conflicted between Sharpedo and Milotic. Maybe Sharpedo post-game? Eh, idk.

Or I can always go with Linoone, but Covet...

Or I can go with my old Water HM (+Flash) slave Lombre, but I'll need to evolve the Lotad I was traded.

Okay, so here's how it ended up in Omega Ruby:

Linoone: Temporary Surf Slave 'til I caught Feebas
    Milotic: Surf as one of her main attacks
    Sharpedo: Deleted Milotic's Surf to replace it with Ice Beam, so I used him instead to navigate through the huge water routes of Hoenn.
    Taught Milotic again: Because I want to go to my Secret Base freely <<

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Swampert (I have it as a temporary HM slave, until I end exploring), but it will be removed as soon as I don't need it for going on. Then it'll be a random one, or a pokemon with good sp.att.

I normally used Pelliper, Ludicolo or Milotic, but I still don't have any of those.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Ludicolo is the only Hoenn Pokémon capable of learning Surf that I never really used before (aside from Crawdaunt, a Pokémon I've always disliked), so that ended up being my Surfer as well as the reason I got Alpha Sapphire.

Now that I've beaten the Elite Four, however, I have 2 Surfers on my team: Wartortle and Lapras (both Shiny).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I've recently caught a Feebas which I've taught Surf. I personally think it was a good move, considering it will be a permanent member of my team!

pkmin3033

I was using an Azumarill I caught as a Marill for this type of thing, but now I'm using Latias, since she's replaced the Trapinch I was going to have on my team and...eh, Surf is a good move. It means I don't have to keep swapping team members out now as well, since there is a lot of Surfing in my future.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I was using Milotic who was a part of my main team until I decided to toy around with a random Huge Power Azumarill that I found, but quickly switched back as I couldn't be bothered to grind him up to the right levels.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Linoone up until the fourth gym, since then it had to share the role with Tentacool (occasionally Wailmer) up until I reached the League, then it became all Tentacool up to the present.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • For now I have Linoon (surf, cut, strenght and rock smash) but I will switch it when I need dive and others water type HM

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • I'm using my Swampert for surf. Surf is probably the best HM for battle since most of the HM moves suck in battle. I prefer it to Hydro Pump because well Hydro Pump is stronger, at least this has 100% accuracy.

Back