• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Pokewiz000

Chinese Translator / Hacker
Years
Hi, Spiky!
Can you give me your e-mail by Messages?
I want to send Chinese translation to you .

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
This might stir up new ideas for People around the world I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUcEL2BWNl8

Wow, thanks a lot! :) If it downloads successfully then I will try and make a Pokemon Emerald remake for DS! I love game editing! I will be sure to try and make it as authentic as possible - detail is key! I have a two week holiday to kill and I think that this will be a fun challenge, thanks Spikey!

Since, I'm making BlazeRuby, and Team Fail is making AquaSapphire, you add-on is awesome, most of us all mikelan98 is making the Magma Ruby and Sapphire Aqua in his version.

I'm releasing the demo, after I make my video, and I still need some script files from Team Fail.
Plus, Spiky's doing a great job, atm all we need is building bug fixed....

Last edited by a moderator:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
So when could we expect a demo??

When it arrives. There's absolutely no telling when it will be, after all... I'm sure it's going to be amazing. It could be anytime in the future, I'm sure it's going amazing. ^^

I'm looking forward to researching many of it's script data and seeing how it works and stuff like that, and surely even if we already have PPTXT, we'll be seeing a text editor as well in which can add in new strings. ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2021
I'm having problems to make the program work. After editing some trainers and saved the rom I was unable to play it. I realized that the size of the .nds original was 131,072 kb and the moded 123,927 kb. Then I tested something, I opened sdsme, open rom, then without doing anything, save rom, and again the size is 123,927 kb, and I was again unable to play it even though i changed nothing to that rom. So the problem is: when I save the rom it stops working. I was using Heart Gold if it helps.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I'm having problems to make the program work. After editing some trainers and saved the rom I was unable to play it. I realized that the size of the .nds original was 131,072 kb and the moded 123,927 kb. Then I tested something, I opened sdsme, open rom, then without doing anything, save rom, and again the size is 123,927 kb, and I was again unable to play it even though i changed nothing to that rom. So the problem is: when I save the rom it stops working. I was using Heart Gold if it helps.

The size change is completely normal, ndstool trims dummy data automatically. However, if the game really gets stuck in a white screen before the Gamefreak logo, I think you got a faulty ROM. SDSME decompresses the arm9 from HGSS but doesn't compress it again because it's not necessary, so it's also normal for the game to load a bit slower. Wait for about 15 seconds, and if it still doesn't do anything, try with another ROM.

By the way, today I managed to break through the Gen V text encryption system. While PPTXT is able to edit Gen V texts and is open source, it uses a workaround for encryption, hence why it can't add new strings to text files. However, by comparing encrypted data and temporal keys I found out the encryption system is based on an arithmetic progression (pretty simple). Get ready for full text editing in SDSME! :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2021
The size change is completely normal, ndstool trims dummy data automatically. However, if the game really gets stuck in a white screen before the Gamefreak logo, I think you got a faulty ROM. SDSME decompresses the arm9 from HGSS but doesn't compress it again because it's not necessary, so it's also normal for the game to load a bit slower. Wait for about 15 seconds, and if it still doesn't do anything, try with another ROM.

I tried with two differents EUR roms and one US and nothing. It gets stuck on the "now loading" menu of the flashcard, I waited over 10 minutes doing something else while loading. It's a problem of the flashcard or should I try with more differents roms?

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
A silly question but I am not able to do in any way, as I rotate the buildings in 3d? I just get closer and stay away, but I can not as the video rotate the object.

PS: NICE TOOL

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I tried with two differents EUR roms and one US and nothing. It gets stuck on the "now loading" menu of the flashcard, I waited over 10 minutes doing something else while loading. It's a problem of the flashcard or should I try with more differents roms?

Sounds like a problem with the flashcart. If it were the ROM, it would get stuck after loading it, not while it loads. Also, if it works on an emulator but not in your flashcart, then I'm sure it's your flashcart.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2021
Sounds like a problem with the flashcart. If it were the ROM, it would get stuck after loading it, not while it loads. Also, if it works on an emulator but not in your flashcart, then I'm sure it's your flashcart.

Yep, it works on an emulator, so it's the flashcart problem, too bad since I prefer playing in the NDS than in the computer.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
I'm feeling very behind the curve here but I want to learn how to use the map editor so I can start building new maps from scratch. Is there an actual tutorial on how to use the editor? When I open the rom I see all the amazing options to change scripts, etc etc, however I don't know what script belongs to who and I don't understand how to add and modify the map. (It does look similar to adv map from gen 3 however so that's a plus)

Thanks in advance.

8hachi8

The Phantom Trainer :P
Years
I'm feeling very behind the curve here but I want to learn how to use the map editor so I can start building new maps from scratch. Is there an actual tutorial on how to use the editor? When I open the rom I see all the amazing options to change scripts, etc etc, however I don't know what script belongs to who and I don't understand how to add and modify the map. (It does look similar to adv map from gen 3 however so that's a plus)

Thanks in advance.

I agree with you.
I want to try to make my own ROM (I would make a team to help me,but in the summer I won't have internet connection) and I need to learn how to use the tool (and is it possible to add items to the map?I want to add some items in the map.)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
You are awesome! I'm trying to make a hack, but it'll be terrible.
Now I can finally make Pokemon Legends version

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
I have a questen to adding mapheader id on Pokemon Diamond.
But why get the game a problem if i use fly to somewhere is get every time to jublife city on black area give a way to fix this for adding new mapheaders id ?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
New updates coming! I know version 1.8.0 is taking long, but I'm doing my best to balance both generations in the tool so they have the same features. Today I finished writing the saving code for Gen IV scripts, and it works like a charm. Saving is a bit slower than reading, but it depends on the amount of scripts and functions and the command extension. The progress bar will animate when saving so you'll know when the tool is working.

Also, about a week ago I implemented support for Gen V buildings, including both the building editor and the list. This is how it looks like:

bwab000.png

Thanks for your support, I hope to release this new version very soon! :)

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
New updates coming! I know version 1.8.0 is taking long, but I'm doing my best to balance both generations in the tool so they have the same features. Today I finished writing the saving code for Gen IV scripts, and it works like a charm. Saving is a bit slower than reading, but it depends on the amount of scripts and functions and the command extension. The progress bar will animate when saving so you'll know when the tool is working.

Also, about a week ago I implemented support for Gen V buildings, including both the building editor and the list. This is how it looks like:

bwab000.png

Thanks for your support, I hope to release this new version very soon! :)
Thank goodness an update! Now I feel more confident, keep it up!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Yyyyeeeaaaahhhhhhh...
I still cant use this tool, it opens the tool, but upon opening a rom the computer freezes, and gives an error, then the tool just closes itself, and comp is fine. Then it says ndsmeclosed suddenly, sorry if you lost anything, the usual message. Im using XP
wow, this is not how i wanted my 150th post to look...

Back