• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] PokeClicker

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2016
    I'm developing yet another browser based clicking game, just for the sake of it.
    Although, this one will take place in the Pokémon universe, more specific in the Kanto region.

Gameplay:
    At the start, you'll have to choose between three starter pokemon: bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle.
    Each time you kill an enemy by clicking it, your pokemon gains experience.
    Once your pokemon reaches level 5, it attacks the enemy without you having to click it. However, clicking it will obviously deal extra damage.
    Occasionally, a fainted enemy pokemon will drop some coins with which you can buy new pokemon.
    You can have up to 6 pokemon in your party.
    Some basic damage-type (fire, water, ..) calculation will be done.

The game is being developed using Angular2 and node.js.

A gif showing the work in progress:
    adba393a96ed18c39d5388bb346b1bd9.gif

Also, if you guys could come up with an original name, please let me know!
    I'm currently thinking about something along the lines of Click à Mon or PokeClicker?

Years
  • I'm drawing a blank on a name suggestion, but it would be interesting if you added special events that could happen, i.e. evolving pokemon, defeating gyms. Maybe have it where you have a time limit to reach a certain number of clicks to succeed, and you have to arrange your active pokemon for a type advantage. Then the badge could grant some kind of bonus. Just some thoughts. Nice work!

Back